Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Most murderers are men. Huh?

Nope. Some are white males.

Sorry your friends with average grades had to go to average schools. :cry:

Nothing to be sorry about, average students should have to go average schools, I'm asking why Shaniqwa didn't have to go there? Is she privileged?

AAs commit more crimes, but there also is demonstrable bias against them in the criminal justice system. You can look at police stops, arrest rates and sentencing for identical crimes, and hiring of those with criminal records, to name a few examples where AA get the shaft. There also is evidence that eyewitness testimony tends to favor caucasians.

Agreed..... Those who disagree, put it this way:

You're being tried on (false) rape/murder charges.. You're jury is 75% white......... Would you rather be black, rather be white - or indifferent? .................. I think we all know the answer to this.

Agreed..... Those who disagree, put it this way:

You're being tried on (false) rape/murder charges.. You're jury is 75% white......... Would you rather be black, rather be white - or indifferent? .................. I think we all know the answer to this.

Actually, that's a good point, I must admit.

All whites and asians, especially poor ones, have a 100% chance of being racially discrimiated against in college enrolment at a competitive school and then another 100% in applying for government/university jobs and maybe 20-30% in other job situations, because employers all want "diversity" hires. And they're also the first ones to get fired for the same reason as firing them doesn't require any additional paperwork.

These top universities will take halfway decent alumni kids first, rich donor's kids second, minority kids third, and then whatever bit is left over can go to really top talented whites and Asians with no connections. The rest of the top talent kids can pound sand, doesn't matter that they run circles around the three privileged groups. The school isn't for them, it's for the kids of the well connected in the first two groups, the other ones, minorities or no, that got in are just the accessories.

So you're pretty much guaranteed to be racially discriminated against but maybe only have a 1/1000 people get falsely accused of a crime.

• Like 1

All whites and asians, especially poor ones, have a 100% chance of being racially discrimiated against in college enrolment at a competitive school and then another 100% in applying for government/university jobs and maybe 20-30% in other job situations, because employers all want "diversity" hires. And they're also the first ones to get fired for the same reason as firing them doesn't require any additional paperwork.

These top universities will take halfway decent alumni kids first, rich donor's kids second, minority kids third, and then whatever bit is left over can go to really top talented whites and Asians with no connections. The rest of the top talent kids can pound sand, doesn't matter that they run circles around the three privileged groups. The school isn't for them, it's for the kids of the well connected in the first two groups, the other ones, minorities or no, that got in are just the accessories.

So you're pretty much guaranteed to be racially discriminated against but maybe only have a 1/1000 people get falsely accused of a crime.

wait...this is happening...wtf. lets correct this and boot these minorities out.

In most fields in medicine, no.

Women make up a larger percentage of residents in:
Family medicine (about 58 percent)
Psychiatry (about 57 percent)
Pediatrics (about 75 percent)
Obstetrics/gynecology (about 85 percent)
Men have:
Surgery (about 59 percent)
Emergency medicine (about 62 percent)
Anesthesiology (about 63 percent)
Radiology (about 73 percent)
Internal medicine (about 54 percent)
This does not even touch on their dominance in fields such as nursing, so we are fixing BOTH disparities right? Men should be able to get into nursing programs with test scores at least half those of women right?

So, you are concerned that more women than men go to college? :dunno:

Oh no, see that is a great thing! It's only bad if men manage to excel in anything, at all, ever, that is just EVIL.

So, you are concerned that more women than men go to college? :dunno:

No. I’m not too concerned with any of it. But the idea that straight white males are getting screwed is ridiculous.

My wife and I both have chemical engineering degrees and work in similar fields. We both made similar money. She wanted to drop out of the workforce and has said many times that she would rather come back as an engineer instead of in management so that she does not get stuck working overtime.

I think this plays a part.

It probably does. But not all of the disparity can be explained away by reasonable gender differences.

Upper class liberals need to understand this. On an individual level affirmative action and similar does discriminate against lower/middle class white people. They see someone else in a similar economic bracket getting free stuff from the government or university just because of the color of their skin or background.

AA does give an advantage to other races at the expense of white people in similar situations and it is only natural for the white people with these circumstances to have some resentment.

No one has said affirmative action doesn’t exist, or is fair. I’ve said any benefits received by race/gender are far outweighed by the downside. Conversely, white males have it pretty easy.

You don't think you have any advantage based on your race or gender?

Disadvantage. The only advantage I had was being asked to do things morons and women couldn't do. Didn't stop them from being treated better though.

• Like 1

No one has said affirmative action doesn’t exist, or is fair. I’ve said any benefits received by race/gender are far outweighed by the downside. Conversely, white males have it pretty easy.

I find your generalizations to be suspect at best, evaluating people based purely on the color of their skin is just not the way to go.

No one has said affirmative action doesnt exist, or is fair. Ive said any benefits received by race/gender are far outweighed by the downside. Conversely, white males have it pretty easy.

Which college you go to is a pivotal thing in someones life, how can you say white males have it easy when they are passed up for lesser students? If AA was gotten rid most of these university would go back to be a majority white really quick and that would be due to hard work and hard work only. Did you see the black kid that wrote black lives matter over and over on his Harvard essay? Thats BS.

I like that you acknowledge the alumni and rich donor’s kids before the minorities. Yet barely a peep about their privilege in comparison affirmative action.

And I think your stats are terrible.

Women make up a larger percentage of residents in:

Family medicine (about 58 percent)

Psychiatry (about 57 percent)

Pediatrics (about 75 percent)

Obstetrics/gynecology (about 85 percent)

Men have:

Surgery (about 59 percent)

Emergency medicine (about 62 percent)

Anesthesiology (about 63 percent)

Radiology (about 73 percent)

Internal medicine (about 54 percent)

This does not even touch on their dominance in fields such as nursing, so we are fixing BOTH disparities right? Men should be able to get into nursing programs with test scores at least half those of women right?

Wonder why all the fields in the former group get paid relatively less than those in the latter one?

And I don’t expect to “fix” all disparities - some exist for legitimate reasons. I’d be ecstatic if just a couple of you would stop complaining about the plight of the white male.

I find your generalizations to be suspect at best, evaluating people based purely on the color of their skin is just not the way to go.

They ain’t my generalizations. There are mounds of data to back up the disparities.

But at least we agree about not judging someone based on skin color. :dunno:

Forget Florida, Im moving to Hawaii and getting some of this white privledge, sounds nice.

Funny thing is, because of the unusually high % of Asians, whites probably benefit less here than other places in the US. But there is still no way one can legitimately complain that white males have it tougher than women and minorities.

They ain’t my generalizations. There are mounds of data to back up the disparities.

But at least we agree about not judging someone based on skin color. :dunno:

I think we need to be careful when assessing disparities, the factors behind them need not be burdened with some of your racial undertones. I think there are racial disparities caused by the US government but luckily they seem to have stopped creating racial divisions, aside from recent presidents of course.

While it might feel good, and it can be rather easy, to simply point at skin color and assert THAT must be the reason, I think its a wild oversimplification, and could tend to ignore the true root of the problem.

Funny thing is, because of the unusually high % of Asians, whites probably benefit less here than other places in the US. But there is still no way one can legitimately complain that white males have it tougher than women and minorities.

It depends. Wealthy white males? No, no affect. The rest? It sure does. But how would you know?

I think we need to be careful when assessing disparities, the factors behind them need not be burdened with some of your racial undertones. I think there are racial disparities caused by the US government but luckily they seem to have stopped creating racial divisions, aside from recent presidents of course.

While it might feel good, and it can be rather easy, to simply point at skin color and assert THAT must be the reason, I think its a wild oversimplification, and could tend to ignore the true root of the problem.

STFU about MY racial undertones. I didn’t start this ridiculous thread. And I’m not wildly oversimplifying anything, other than the bogus idea that white males have it tough.

It depends. Wealthy white males? No, no affect. The rest? It sure does. But how would you know?

I grew up lower middle class. But how do you know about the plight of the wealthy white male?

I grew up lower middle class. But how do you know about the plight of the wealthy white male?

They don't have a plight. Nether do any wealthy people of all colors.

They don't have a plight. Nether do any wealthy people of all colors.

How do you know? Recall you just implied I cant know about poor white dudes, because I make a good living. Using that logic, how can you possibly know what chicks and minorities experience relative to middle class Caucasian curmudgeons?

How do you know? Recall you just implied I cant know about poor white dudes, because I make a good living. Using that logic, how can you possibly know what chicks and minorities experience relative to middle class Caucasian curmudgeons?

Then tell us all about how your "White privilege" helped you so much? And you don't work with or associate with too many, do you? The virtue signaling is strong here. And sickening.

STFU about MY racial undertones. I didn’t start this ridiculous thread. And I’m not wildly oversimplifying anything, other than the bogus idea that white males have it tough.

OK, sorry brah, I think generalizing about "white males" just sounds racist, not all white men have it easy, but there are other factors that seem to unite people who struggle.

says the upper class self loathing racist caucasian curmudgeon

I like that you acknowledge the alumni and rich donors kids before the minorities. Yet barely a peep about their privilege in comparison affirmative action.

And I think your stats are terrible.

The whole system is rotten and the only reason it stands is race based affirmative action. No white Valedictorian from East Detroit High school will ever get into an Ivy League school. They can fock off. My class valedictorian went to Ferris State. 🙄 Meanwhile 1/4 to 1/2 of Brett Kavanaughs classmates get in because their parents are all alumni. How does someone as stoopid as George W. Retard get in? Thats the real privileged one. That guy should be changing oil at Jiffy Lube. The liberal elite want their kids to continue to cut to the front of the line and the only way to allow it is to mask their own privilege with race based affirmative action and throw the term white privilege at the rest of us.

OK, sorry brah, I think generalizing about "white males" just sounds racist, not all white men have it easy, but there are other factors that seem to unite people who struggle.

Of course not all white males have it easy. But as a group, white males have the least obstacles to overcome.

Jesus you guys are melodramatic. It aint that tough being a straight white male.

How would you know?

:banana:

The whole system is rotten and the only reason it stands is race based affirmative action. No white Valedictorian from East Detroit High school will ever get into an Ivy League school. They can fock off. My class valedictorian went to Ferris State. Meanwhile 1/4 to 1/2 of Brett Kavanaughs classmates get in because their parents are all alumni. How does someone as stoopid as George W. Retard get in? Thats the real privileged one. That guy should be changing oil at Jiffy Lube. The liberal elite want their kids to continue to cut to the front of the line and the only way to allow it is to mask their own privilege with race based affirmative action and throw the term white privilege at the rest of us.

Wealthy, connected people of all political affiliations get breaks. That has nothing to do with affirmative action.

I don’t have any kids to cut in line. Why do you think I believe white males have it easier than other races and genders?

Wealthy, connected people of all political affiliations get breaks. That has nothing to do with affirmative action.

I dont have any kids to cut in line. Why do you think I believe white males have it easier than other races and genders?

Because you're a libtard and have bought in.

Then tell us all about how your "White privilege" helped you so much? And you don't work with or associate with too many, do you? The virtue signaling is strong here. And sickening.

I already gave examples, for myself, women and minorities.

All you guys have is :cry: about affirmative action impacting college admissions/work. Personally, I've never experienced that, but I was never a marginal student or job applicant.

Of course not all white males have it easy. But as a group, white males have the least obstacles to overcome.

Hmmmm, sorry, but no....

I already gave examples, for myself, women and minorities.

All you guys have is :cry: about affirmative action impacting college admissions/work. Personally, I've never experienced that, but I was never a marginal student or job applicant.

One of my favorite AA vids.... I love it when she acknowledges that her parents went to college without AA, were successful, yet she needed it, and attending school with white people was what hurt her.... :blink: You cannot make this sh!t up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRHtqtOkxy4

AAs commit more crimes, but there also is demonstrable bias against them in the criminal justice system. You can look at police stops, arrest rates and sentencing for identical crimes, and hiring of those with criminal records, to name a few examples where AA get the shaft. There also is evidence that eyewitness testimony tends to favor caucasians.

Chicken or Egg

My wife and I both have chemical engineering degrees and work in similar fields. We both made similar money. She wanted to drop out of the workforce and has said many times that she would rather come back as an engineer instead of in management so that she does not get stuck working overtime.

I think this plays a part.

Don’t ruin the good Doc’s theory.

It probably does. But not ALL of the disparity can be explained away by reasonable gender differences.

ALL OF THE DISPARITY?

now you want to explain ALL the disparity. You are a hack.

Wonder why all the fields in the former group get paid relatively less than those in the latter one?

Because the wage-setters in those industries are worried men will kill them if they don't pay them more? :dunno:

And I don’t expect to “fix” all disparities - some exist for legitimate reasons. I’d be ecstatic if just a couple of you would stop complaining about the plight of the white male.

Many factors contribute, life choices are among the most influential. Why women gravitate to certain roles has been surveyed and it is known that they tend to avoid jobs that negatively influence personal life.

has everyone in here conceded that most murders are men yet?

That sounds sexist..... :nono:

But in reality, yes, we all know that men tend to be more violent, and that among men African Americans dominate that arena of violence, I mean, crap, can we admit that as well or are we supposed to pretend, sometimes I am not sure which truth we are using. :doh: