Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Carlos Hyde to Cleveland

Man if I'm the Gmen and see that Browns just sign Crowell the second,I'm excited about the fact that Barkley just fell to us.

Thank you Jesus is what I would be saying.

Man if I'm the Gmen and see that Browns just sign Crowell the second,I'm excited about the fact that Barkley just fell to us.

Thank you Jesus is what I would be saying.

Seems kind if be in to thank Jesus for a running back

I don't see Barkley sliding past the Giants.

They saw up close and personal what the addition of an elite franchise-level RB did for the Cowboys. Eli would soil himself thinking about OBJ, Evan Engram, Sterling Sheppard as targets and Barkley as a bellcow RB.

Eli will soil himself because hes old.

If the giants take a running back at #2 with a 37 year old QB that hasnt been very good in years sitting there, they are idiots.

So lets say youre right. They take Barkley and hes the stud to end all studs (hardly a lock. I see many experts doubting him). Eli has a great year and they get into the playoffs.

You really see them winning the super bowl? And then what? Eli is another year older and they are picking in the wasteland zone in terms of finding a replacement. By the time they have a replacement that is hitting his stride, they have a 20 million dollar headcase suspension waiting to happen diva WR, a running back finishing his rookie deal looking to get paid, and what...

No way. Giants are going qb at #2. Book it.

So, assuming Cleveland takes a QB at 1, the early draft will hinge on what the Giants do. If they take a QB as well, picks 3 and 4 will be less valuable, but if they don't, Indi will get a haul for pick 3. There can't be any doubt that Indi trades down is there? Jets and Bills need to be up there, especially Bills.

Well, Indi got the haul I thought they would but I never thought they would get it prior to the Giants actually making a pick on draft day. Unless they were just trying to do it before the Bills did.

Still, what's to say the Bills don't trade their whole draft to the Giants for pick 2? If the Giants really think they have their guy in Manning for 3 more years, why not?

Well, Indi got the haul I thought they would but I never thought they would get it prior to the Giants actually making a pick on draft day. Unless they were just trying to do it before the Bills did.

Still, what's to say the Bills don't trade their whole draft to the Giants for pick 2? If the Giants really think they have their guy in Manning for 3 more years, why not?

Davis Webbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Hyde is like a poor man's Doug Martin, talented player but can't stay healthy.

He's a good option in the back field but not the workhorse.

Shouldn't keep them from drafting Barkley.

Why not keep Crowell if they still have the thoughts of drafting Barkley?n

I think the Gmen have him.

With the Giants having a new staff/regime, I think they're going to draft a QB for the future. I personally would take Barkley to make a Super Bowl run for the next 2 years, but these guys have a chance to set themselves up for the next 15 years. Of course, if they're wrong, they'll only have 3. It's the gamble you make.

With the Giants having a new staff/regime, I think they're going to draft a QB for the future. I personally would take Barkley to make a Super Bowl run for the next 2 years, but these guys have a chance to set themselves up for the next 15 years. Of course, if they're wrong, they'll only have 3. It's the gamble you make.

I'm thinking you are probably right. Manning was as good as done 4-5 years ago and since he will be the starter for the next year or two, do they want to wait to draft a QB after he is gone or while he is still playing and getting ready to retire? Also, don't you think the Jets offerred the giants the same deal they gave Indi? Giants must be wanting a QB. No RB is worth more than what the Jets gave up in that trade.

The Giants are only 3 players away from a Super Bowl run. :thumbsup:

Joe Montana

Barry Sanders

Lawrence Taylor

I'm thinking you are probably right. Manning was as good as done 4-5 years ago and since he will be the starter for the next year or two, do they want to wait to draft a QB after he is gone or while he is still playing and getting ready to retire? Also, don't you think the Jets offerred the giants the same deal they gave Indi? Giants must be wanting a QB. No RB is worth more than what the Jets gave up in that trade.

Agreed.

How so?

Talent.

Performance history with horrible oline

Pedigree

Talent.

Performance history with horrible oline

Pedigree

Show me ?

Wow go Wolfpack big win over the Bearcats.

Show me ?

Wow go Wolfpack big win over the Bearcats.

In the fantasy world he was 9th last year in a PPR.

In the fantasy world he was 9th last year in a PPR.

Won't make the top ten with the Browns.

He won't get close to 88 targets with the Browns.

So again why not just resign Crowell who's the same player as Hyde, and expecally if you will still draft Barkley of indeed they do?

I think Hyde and Crowell are evenly matched.

I and I think Crowell will out produce him next season with the Jets.

Congrats to the Nevada Wolfpack, wow what a comeback.

So again why not just resign Crowell who's the same player as Hyde, and expecally if you will still draft Barkley of indeed they do?

Because Crowell is not the same player as Hyde and the Browns didn't want Crowell back. And everyone thinks Barkley is the next coming of Gale Sayers but fail to see his play against decent defenses.

Because Crowell is not the same player as Hyde and the Browns didn't want Crowell back. And everyone thinks Barkley is the next coming of Gale Sayers but fail to see his play against decent defenses.

They don't "fail to see his play against decent defenses", they recognize that he does as well as anyone considering he was running behind the second to worst offense line of the power 5 conferences. Penn State's offensive line ranked 63rd of 64 of the 5 biggest conferences, only ahead of Syracuse.

I do agree with Weepaws to an extent when it comes to Hyde and Crowell. I do think Hyde is a better talent, but I don't think he's all that much better. Simply, I don't think having Hyde instead of Crowell will make all that of a difference when Duke Johnson is still going to get the bulk of the pass catching targets. Both guys got relatively the same deal, so financially it's a push.

Personally, if I were the GM of the Browns, I'd give Taylor a 4 year deal, draft Barkely #1, draft Chubb #4 and take the $4M they spend on Hyde and use that to pad an extension for Landry.

Barkley is always just trying to hit a home run. He bounces around a lot in the backfield which gives time for the defenses to file in on the play. He's like a baseball player who hits 35 homeruns but bats .220.

If he goes to a team with a subpar o-line and a middle of the road QB, like the Giants, he could waste away there. I realize the guy has all the measurables, but so did Ron Dayne, Trent Richardson, and Lawrence Phillips.

I hope the guy is as good as advertized and performs well, but every team needs a very good QB to compete in the NFL. Unless of course they have a number 1 defense that dominates every snap they are on the field.

You and I did not watch the same Penn State games then. The teams that he might go to... Cleveland, NY Giants, Colts, Denver, and Tampa all have, at the very least, "adequate" OLines. Last year, Clevelands run blocking ranked 14th, the Giants 15th, Colts 18th, Denver 9th, and Tampa 16th. They all also have at least 1 great receiver (or great tandem), and a decent QB. Barkley will not be on a team as offensively out matched as he was at Penn State.

Cleveland: 14th run blocking line / Tyrod Taylor / Landry & Gordon

Giants: 15th run blocking line / Eli Manning / Odell Beckham Jr

Colts: 18th run blocking line / Andrew Luck / T.Y. Hilton

Denver: 9th run blocking line / Case Keenum / Demaryius Thomas & Emmanuel Sanders

Tampa: 16th run blocking line / Jameis Winston / Mike Evans & DeSean Jackson

These are all offenses that are at the very least "solid".

Maybe maybe Hyde is a little better player, but I don't think there's a big diffrence in the two of them.

And again like Crowell if Hyde is the Browns true rb1 his ff points will not be what they where with the Niners, he like Crowell will be under used.

He won't receive 88 targets in the passing game with the D Johnson n the role.

And I'm going to again say I think Crowell in a ppr league will out score Hyde this next season.

Thanks for the reply.

Go Wolfpack m

Re Barkley: When did people forget RBs aint worth sh1t in todays nfl?

Yall think its a pendulum swinging back the other way or something?

RBs are only worth tons to fantasy football teams. In the NFL the O-lines and QBs are the key to a productive offense.

Nobody forgot that. They're just recognizing that from time to time, there can be an RB that is worth the investment. It's why most people aren't even suggesting that there's another RB worth taking in round 1. Just because people do think that there is ONE guy, it doesn't mean they're thinking that the "pendulum swinging back the other way or something". You're reaction is akin to someone saying "I think Tom Brady is the best QB in the league", and you saying "What, you're saying that Aaron Rodgers sucks?" Simply, you're overreacting.

Maybe maybe Hyde is a little better player, but I don't think there's a big diffrence in the two of them.

And again like Crowell if Hyde is the Browns true rb1 his ff points will not be what they where with the Niners, he like Crowell will be under used.

He won't receive 88 targets in the passing game with the D Johnson n the role.

And I'm going to again say I think Crowell in a ppr league will out score Hyde this next season.

Thanks for the reply.

Go Wolfpack m

Well, the RB stats largely follow the fortunes of the team.

if the offense is working, the RB will get goal line carries which means TD's.

If the team is winning the game in the second half, the RB gets lots of work. if they are losing, the RB gets to sit while the team ramps up the passing offense to conserve the clock.

Hydes numbers were actually pretty solid considering where the team was at.

but he's going to a team that isnt better (and may well be worse) than the one he was on.

the new QB may change that, but it may not.

what I hope the team does is use the first pick on a QB, the second pick on a defender. If they feel they need line help with the departure of Joe Thomas to retirement, they can draft someone with one of their second round picks or put a package together to get back into round 1. Its not a perfect solution, but it gets them on the right track

• Like 1

Well, the RB stats largely follow the fortunes of the team.

if the offense is working, the RB will get goal line carries which means TD's.

If the team is winning the game in the second half, the RB gets lots of work. if they are losing, the RB gets to sit while the team ramps up the passing offense to conserve the clock.

Hydes numbers were actually pretty solid considering where the team was at.

but he's going to a team that isnt better (and may well be worse) than the one he was on.

the new QB may change that, but it may not.

what I hope the team does is use the first pick on a QB, the second pick on a defender. If they feel they need line help with the departure of Joe Thomas to retirement, they can draft someone with one of their second round picks or put a package together to get back into round 1. Its not a perfect solution, but it gets them on the right track

Don't disagre, and when you look at Crowell and Hydes four seasons they have pretty similar numbers.

And I do think it was Crowell that played on a 0-16 team.

Thanks for the reply.

Just looking at last years numbers...

Crowell: 4.14 ypc / 2 TD's / 2.6 targets & 11.4 ypr per game. (9.10 fantasy pts per game)

Hyde (pre-Garoppolo): 4.07 ypc / 4 TD's / 6.6 targets & 26.8 ypr per game (15.12 fantasy pts per game)

Hype (with Garoppolo): 3.60 ypc / 4 TD's / 3.0 targets & 11.0 ypr per game (13.88 fantasy pts per game)

Interesting that is numbers went down with Jimmy G at QB.

Even is targets in the passing game.

Hyde won't come close to 88 targets with the Browns, unless D Johnson goes down.

Psalm 9:10