Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Several teams preparing to make Patriots a blockbuster offer for Jimmy Garoppolo

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2017/02/22/several-teams-reportedly-preparing-to-make-patriots-blockbuster-offers-for-jimmy-garoppolo/

It seems the Patriots will only trade Jimmy Garoppolo if they get a good enough reason to do so, and it appears that might actually happen.
According to Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report, multiple league executives believe several teams are preparing to make blockbuster offers for Garoppolo.
They believe a draft shakeup is coming and that it will involve Garoppolo. The report adds many around the league believe Garoppolo can be a franchise quarterback and is worth at least a first-round pick.
Teams who likely are interested in Garoppolo include the Browns, Bears, 49ers and Texans.
With teams gathering at the NFL combine next week, Garoppolo could be a big topic with teams potentially discussing potential offers with the Patriots.

Rich about to get richer, b1tches.

:first: :first: :first: :first: :first:

Thanks Goodell, suspending Brady was the best thing that could happen to the pats!!! :first: :overhead:

Sure was. :pointstosky:

Going after Jimmy G. is not a bad move... Giving up a truck load for him is... I could see the Browns or Bears doing it - they seem to be rather clueless of late.

Going after Jimmy G. is not a bad move... Giving up a truck load for him is... I could see the Browns or Bears doing it - they seem to be rather clueless of late.

it's the NFL man, they are QB stupid.

Look at all the terrible #1 picks used to draft a QB out of desperation.

LOl I have to admit, Belichick is a genius. As if the Matt Cassell experience wasn't enough to teach other teams a lesson, now they're tripping over themselves to trade for this guy.

If Garropolo is an above average QB (read top 15) you trade a high #1 pick for him no question...

I don't get all the the knocking of being a backup and learning from the GOAT QB and coach on preparation mechanics and execution...That is a huge bonus. Free training from the best in the business.

I don't get all the the knocking of being a backup and learning from the GOAT QB and coach on preparation mechanics and execution...That is a huge bonus. Free training from the best in the business.

That's great and all, and when you're playing on that team, under that umbrella - it might work.

It usually doesn't when you get cut loose and sent to another team. All of the sudden all that training matters for squat if you can't really play... And as Newbs said - when are teams finally going to wake up and smell the coffee? BB trades usually are an ass focking for the teams buying... This one has all the makings of it happening all over again. Especially for a 1st - that's almost criminal.

He apparently is only good at teaching that system.

Cassell, Hoyer, Mallett..... all have sucked elsewhere. When will teams learn?

If Garropolo is an above average QB (read top 15) you trade a high #1 pick for him no question...

Rookie QBs are cheap for the first 4-5yrs. Garropolo is cheap for 1yr. Cheap QBs are a big advantage for a team, IF they can play at a high level.

Browns, Bears, Texans and 9ers. There's some quality front office teams right there (teams, I might add, who rarely wiff on QBs).

Browns....they're the worst.

Bears.....Jay Cutler must be happy.

Texans....didn't you boneheads JUST get done overpaying for a nobody who only started part of a season?

9ers......What? Colin 'Racist' Kaepernik ain't good enough for ya?

Browns, Bears, Texans and 9ers. There's some quality front office teams right there (teams, I might add, who rarely wiff on QBs).

Browns....they're the worst.

Bears.....Jay Cutler must be happy.

Texans....didn't you boneheads JUST get done overpaying for a nobody who only started part of a season?

9ers......What? Colin 'Racist' Kaepernik ain't good enough for ya?

if they don't trade for Garopollo, they will just draft a QB where they shouldn't anyway.

why not get a guy you've seen play a couple games in the NFL?

if they don't trade for Garopollo, they will just draft a QB where they shouldn't anyway.

Like RGIII and Osweiller?

Like RGIII and Osweiller?

Please tell me what Cleveland and Houston traded for them

this is good drafting. The fact they are going to flip their 2nd round pick from 3 years ago for probably a first and 3rd now and still be OK at backup with brisett is amazing.

Every backup that Brady has ever had has been a failure as an NFL starter. It would take a really stupid front office for anyone to surrender a high pick for the next in line.

So Cleveland looks like the most likely landing spot.

Every backup that Brady has ever had has been a failure as an NFL starter. It would take a really stupid front office for anyone to surrender a high pick for the next in line.

So Cleveland looks like the most likely landing spot.

and every QB cleveland has drafted in the past 15 years has sucked.

should they stop trying now :lol:

There's no quarterback in this draft even close to Jimmy G.

So...if you're going to draft one, why not just trade for him?

Because brady's backups haven't been good for other teams :lol:

doesn't it all make sense

and every QB cleveland has drafted in the past 15 years has sucked.

should they stop trying now :lol:

Which is exactly why they are most likely to ignore the history of Brady's backups and reach for the guy.

Which is exactly why they are most likely to ignore the history of Brady's backups and reach for the guy.

you're such a hater, you can't even make sense.

LOl I have to admit, Belichick is a genius. As if the Matt Cassell experience wasn't enough to teach other teams a lesson, now they're tripping over themselves to trade for this guy.

Matt Cassell was a guy who hadn't started a game since HS when he started his first Patriots game, big difference here. Most teams wouldn't of done what the Chiefs did.

Jimmy G is legit, I would give up a 2nd + 4th at the most for him though.

you're such a hater, you can't even make sense.

I'm not a hater. How many times do teams have to fall for the exact same thing? It's the system.

How do you know, how does anyone know - based on his extensive 2 whole games played in the NFL?

I'd say there are mountains of evidence to the contrary suggesting NE castoff qbs don't pan out. There are games and seasons backing that up.

How do you know, how does anyone know - based on his extensive 2 whole games played in the NFL?

I'd say there are mountains of evidence to the contrary suggesting NE castoff qbs don't pan out. There are games and seasons backing that up.

Brady is the oldest player in the league. The mere fact that they're trading Garapolo should tell you that they don't consider him to be special.

Brady is the oldest player in the league. The mere fact that they're trading Garapolo should tell you that they don't consider him to be special.

:lol:

Teams should go after Kirk Cousins, unless they think they can get them next year in a bidding war...

they Celtics have never had a #1 pick, they have had terrible luck in the lottery. They should trade the pick :doh:

:lol:

It's well thought out replies like this that convince me you're s sports expert. :doh:

It's well thought out replies like this that convince me you're s sports expert. :doh:

like you repeating the same thing over and over and over

like you repeating the same thing over and over and over

That was the first time I mentioned the fact that Brady is the oldest player in the league. You don't think that's relevant? The Pats organization is smart enough to know that they are going to have to replace Brady and the reason for their success is that he is a special player. And that they're hard to come by. The fact that they're willing to deal Garappolo when their starter is 40 years old tells you that he's not that special player.

That was the first time I mentioned the fact that Brady is the oldest player in the league. You don't think that's relevant? The Pats organization is smart enough to know that they are going to have to replace Brady and the reason for their success is that he is a special player. And that they're hard to come by. The fact that they're willing to deal Garappolo when their starter is 40 years old tells you that he's not that special player.

you're right newbie. No NFL team will trade for Garopollo. you've convinced them.

you're right newbie. No NFL team will trade for Garopollo. you've convinced them.

I think I already said that the Browns might.

But feel free to straighten me out and explain why a team with a 40 year-old QB is willing to trade their backup. I'll wait

Right now Jimmy G is better than any QB in this years drafting class. However, how much longer he will be better than them I do not know. Someone in the drafting class could end up being better than him in a few seasons. If a team is looking for an immediate starter then they should get Jimmy G. If they want to draft a QB to groom to be their future then I'd say it's best to not get him and draft one

It's simple, the way the CBA is set up now you can get 4 years out of a drafted QB for cheap, if you trade for Jimmy you will be paying top dollar to get him under contract, NE know this and thus are trying to get value for him before they have to make a decision to extend the 5th year option or sign to a second multi year contract.

He is almost as unknown as any QB you would draft this year in the top 2 rounds so you might as well go cheap and keep your draft picks instead of giving them to NE and having to pay up for Jimmy G

im not saying Jimmy G is a bust but the thing is, this has all played out before. Matt Cassell got the same learning experience that Jimmy has received. We also so Brock Osweiler get to learn from another HoF QB in Denver.....

Some team will overpay up front for him because of the need for QBs in the NFL and in 2-3 years it will either look like a steal or a waste

im not saying Jimmy G is a bust but the thing is, this has all played out before. Matt Cassell got the same learning experience that Jimmy has received. We also so Brock Osweiler get to learn from another HoF QB in Denver.....

Some team will overpay up front for him because of the need for QBs in the NFL and in 2-3 years it will either look like a steal or a waste

BINGO. The Patriots work their salary better than any team in the league. They feel the dropoff from Garappolo to Bissett is not big enough to pay J.G.