Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I like being single at 40

It's been fun. Not what I expected to happen by any means. But damn if the last 9 months or so has not been interesting. Turns out and I'm going to rip a line from a song here....some girls don't like boys like me...But some girls do. And those girls are dirty slutss.

I know. Rats ass

• Like 1

Ah sluts, I love them. I don't know how anyone gets married in their 20s, what a waste. After 30 it's fine, I prefer having my wife now. But that's because I'm balder and lazier, can't bag the good tang anymore. Now If i was rich that's a dif story, I'd never marry and id just party til I died.

There should be two holiday weekends a year where monogamy is ignored. Those would be awesome holidays.

I'm a fan of serial monogamy interspersed with flurries of free agency. But I'm getting old for this sh!t.

There should be two holiday weekends a year where monogamy is ignored. Those would be awesome holidays.

I'm a fan of serial monogamy interspersed with flurries of free agency. But I'm getting old for this sh!t.

You could ask the spouse for the Andrei Kirilenko special.

He used to play for the Jazz. His wife gave him one freebie per year.

Im sure that didnt turn into 2 or 3 or 30.

• Like 1

My prime was forty. Looks, personally, money. If I would have been single, I'd have been good single wise. Best thing I ever did was to be in a relationship and had my daughter. I was president of the Dads Club. Coaching softball. And loving every minute.And it all changed. Looking back, it was the best times of my life. My prime was forty. Being single would have made bad bedfellows at that time. Just saying.

My prime was forty. Looks, personally, money. If I would have been single, I'd have been good single wise. Best thing I ever did was to be in a relationship and had my daughter. I was president of the Dads Club. Coaching softball. And loving every minute.And it all changed. Looking back, it was the best times of my life. My prime was forty. Being single would have made bad bedfellows at that time. Just saying.

Bed fellows?

It's been fun. Not what I expected to happen by any means. But damn if the last 9 months or so has not been interesting. Turns out and I'm going to rip a line from a song here....some girls don't like boys like me...But some girls do. And those girls are dirty slutss.

I know. Rats ass

how about a back story, did you divorce?

I got Married at 40.......wish I would have waited until 50

In a couple of days I'll turn 49. I'm married with two boys 11 and 13. I wouldn't trade it for all the wh0res in the world. To each their own. :cheers:

• Like 1

In a couple of days I'll turn 49. I'm married with two boys 11 and 13. I wouldn't trade it for all the wh0res in the world. To each their own. :cheers:

I didn't know they let you marry two boys in Minnesota. :unsure:

how about a back story, did you divorce?

I got Married at 40.......wish I would have waited until 50

nahhhh. We were together for 5 years. One kid. Been broken up for about 9 months.
  • Like 1

I know. Rats ass

Enjoy it buddy. You're at the rare time of your life where you're available and the women in your age bracket are freaks.

I turn 40 this year. I can still find company when I want to, but I'm not nearly as active now as I was 2-3 years ago (as some here may recall I was) for a number of reasons.

Most days, I prefer being solo..... And as simple as it sounds, I like seeing a cute girl and knowing I can flirt with her without guilt. Even if I don't do it all that often, just having the option makes life more joyful.

The downside is I really miss having someone to kind of keep my non-work life running smoothly. I'm bad with the small stuff... I forget about birthdays, I miss paying certain bills, I miss doctors appointments and let scripts I need expire, I suddenly realize have no clean socks or any food at all in my apartment, etc. Obviously I make fun of myself for it as my ex and daughter roll their eyes at my ridiculousness, but it sure would be nice to have someone around to manage me.....

I also have the voice in my head that notices that the 30+ never married gal tends to be a bit weird, whereas those late 20's girls are relationship material....Right now I can still get the 27 year old, but as I creep into my 40s, that may become an issue. So on some level I'm aware that I'm at a potential crossroads that I'm simply choosing to not concern myself with. Whatever happens there happens, as I don't think anything good comes from being outcome oriented with the love life.

So yeah, I mostly like being single at 40. :doublethumbsup:

I'm bad with the small stuff... I forget about birthdays, I miss paying certain bills, I miss doctors appointments and let scripts I need expire,

Outlook/iphone calendar is your friend.

Outlook/iphone calendar is your friend.

I do that......then I somehow ignore the phone vibrating in my pocket, as I assume it's someone texting me....only to look down at it at the end of the day and realize I missed 2 appointments or something. I'm the best.

I turn 40 this year. I can still find company when I want to, but I'm not nearly as active now as I was 2-3 years ago (as some here may recall I was) for a number of reasons.

Most days, I prefer being solo..... And as simple as it sounds, I like seeing a cute girl and knowing I can flirt with her without guilt. Even if I don't do it all that often, just having the option makes life more joyful.

The downside is I really miss having someone to kind of keep my non-work life running smoothly. I'm bad with the small stuff... I forget about birthdays, I miss paying certain bills, I miss doctors appointments and let scripts I need expire, I suddenly realize have no clean socks or any food at all in my apartment, etc. Obviously I make fun of myself for it as my ex and daughter roll their eyes at my ridiculousness, but it sure would be nice to have someone around to manage me.....

I also have the voice in my head that notices that the 30+ never married gal tends to be a bit weird, whereas those late 20's girls are relationship material....Right now I can still get the 27 year old, but as I creep into my 40s, that may become an issue. So on some level I'm aware that I'm at a potential crossroads that I'm simply choosing to not concern myself with. Whatever happens there happens, as I don't think anything good comes from being outcome oriented with the love life.

So yeah, I mostly like being single at 40. :doublethumbsup:

I hear you. It's like anything else there are trade-offs both ways.

Like I said earlier a lot of us would like to be able to go out and mash again but I wouldn't trade my little girls in for that either though.

Christ I don't have the energy to live like that anymore even if i wanted to. Hah

Got married when I was 44. I have forgotten much of my life as a single man. It's like a big wall between then and now.

Like I said earlier a lot of us would like to be able to go out and mash again but I wouldn't trade my little girls in for that either though.

Christ I don't have the energy to live like that anymore even if i wanted to. Hah

It isn't just about being able to fock whatever comes your way (although obviously that is part of it).

Even the best relationships just come with a certain amount of... trade off. You get the good (someone around, someone who gives a sh!t, etc.) and you get the bad (someone ALWAYS around, someone who thinks their giving a sh!t means they get to try to change things) etc.

Its just one of those things that the grass is always greener. When you're single, after a while, you look at your friends that are coupled up and think "man, that looks nice." When you are in a couple, you look at your friends that are single and think "Man, those were the days."

Neither one is really better than the other. They are just different. And honestly, for most of us, its probably better for us to have someone keeping us somewhat on the upright. I know if I'm totally single for too long, I can get a little bit antisocial and whatnot.

Enjoy it buddy. You're at the rare time of your life where you're available and the women in your age bracket are freaks.

The women in his age bracket are too old. I'd recommend to go get a 28 year old. When we were young, the older guys would come down and date our girls, now for those of us unattached, it's our turn.

The women in his age bracket are too old. I'd recommend to go get a 28 year old.

right now I am doing well with the 25 to 27 year olds.

right now I am doing well with the 25 to 27 year olds.

Yea they are going for 40yr olds, sure buddy. Way to fudge the number by a decade.

Yea they are going for 40yr olds, sure buddy. Way to fudge the number by a decade.

Oh cmon tan. If you're half the c0cksmith you claim to be, you know how easy it is to pick up a girl 15 years younger than you.

All her make friends are idiots with ball caps playing beer pong. You drop a little of that "sophisticated older man" thing. They eat it up.

Hell, I'm 37, and I find it much easier to make a living in the under 25 crowd than in the 30 and up crowd. Their bullsh!t detectors aren't developed yet. They are still willing to just let things happen and have fun, whereas older ones are all about "where is this going."

I find nothing at all unbelievable about a reasonably put together 40 year old man bagging girls in their mid to late 20's.

Oh cmon tan. If you're half the c0cksmith you claim to be, you know how easy it is to pick up a girl 15 years younger than you.

All her make friends are idiots with ball caps playing beer pong. You drop a little of that "sophisticated older man" thing. They eat it up.

Hell, I'm 37, and I find it much easier to make a living in the under 25 crowd than in the 30 and up crowd. Their bullsh!t detectors aren't developed yet. They are still willing to just let things happen and have fun, whereas older ones are all about "where is this going."

I find nothing at all unbelievable about a reasonably put together 40 year old man bagging girls in their mid to late 20's.

you just have to be a lot more careful with those younger ones period they might still want children. That's another beautiful thing about the 40 year old woman period they don't want that any more than you do

Man, I'm on my way home from 4 nights of drinking at our sales kickoff. I'm 49 and too old to do that regularly. The idea of some strange sounds good in theory but I'm too old and lazy for it. :cheers:

you just have to be a lot more careful with those younger ones period they might still want children. That's another beautiful thing about the 40 year old woman period they don't want that any more than you do

Oh yes. The young uns can be dangerous in their way. Usually pretty easy to see their wacko sh!t coming though.

And yeah, there is something quite sexy about a woman your age who knows what she wants, no bullsh!t, and isn't shy about it.

Woman is indeed gods most fascinating creation.

Man, I'm on my way home from 4 nights of drinking at our sales kickoff. I'm 49 and too old to do that regularly. The idea of some strange sounds good in theory but I'm too old and lazy for it. :cheers:

Hah...i know. I tip my cap to those that can still roll like that.

If i make it thru the news at 10..im a bad ass. Ha

I have not banged anything older than 27. Say what ya want. I have a car. An Apartment. A job and an adorable kid. Still have my hair and to be honest most think I'm in my 30s when I start flirting with them. So it's not like I'm a bald super old looking 40 year old.

Also. I'm banging a 25 year old freak that would curl your toes buddy. Started as a joke about me being old. Lead to her stopping by twice a week to fock. So in this case. My age actually was the catalyst for me banging her.

I have not banged anything older than 27. Say what ya want. I have a car. An Apartment. A job and an adorable kid. Still have my hair and to be honest most think I'm in my 30s when I start flirting with them. So it's not like I'm a bald super old looking 40 year old.

When I lose the glasses for contacts and dress a bit, people always guess I'm 27-28.

I'm beginning to question tan. I always bought his stuff about picking up girls. But if he seriously doesn't believe that a 40 year old can easily pick up 28 year olds, I dunno.

Pulling younger isn't that hard if you're confident, in shape, and decent looking. Even 2 out of 3 of those traits will take you pretty far.

In my mid - late 30's I dated an 18 yr old, a 23 yr old, and a 25 yr old.

At age 40, I married a 29 yr old.

All bets are off if you're poor.

• Like 1

In my big Tinder run, which occurred when I was 36-37, girls in that 23-27 range were ridiculously easy to succeed with, as they were easily impressed.....As the girls got into their 30's, it definitely became more challenging in that i actually had to provide a bit of substance.... Then once they hit 40, it got simple again, but now it was because they were the ones with the agenda.

Now I do theorize that once I hit 40, the 25 year old will hesitate more.. Just from a marketing standpoint, the new decade signals a shift from an older guy to a much older guy...if that makes sense. But we will see.

So Newbie can't score with the young chicks? He keeps talking about these 40 year old hags. I'm 50 and I've never had sex with someone in their 40's.

So Newbie can't score with the young chicks? He keeps talking about these 40 year old hags. I'm 50 and I've never had sex with someone in their 40's.

a bunch of dudes in here talking about chicks and you just can't help yourself from being an ass hole.

a bunch of dudes in here talking about chicks and you just can't help yourself from being an ass hole.

Those dudes are talking about chicks. You're not. You're talking about old hens.

Also. I'm banging a 25 year old freak that would curl your toes buddy. Started as a joke about me being old. Lead to her stopping by twice a week to fock. So in this case. My age actually was the catalyst for me banging her.

If you can pass for 35-39 then fine. I do miss my hair, don't remind me.

I was the opposite, I scored with a few in late 30s and early 40s when I was early 20s. Never really went for much younger than me otherwise.

Those dudes are talking about chicks. You're not. You're talking about old hens.

congrats. You outsmarted all of us. You let a woman in her thirties trap you into having two kids so the three of them can suck up all that pension you worked for. You sucker. And your kids are going to really love being at their Little League games and having the other kids make fun of the fact that their father looks like a grandfather. So I'll stick to my old hens that look like models. While you are cleaning sh1t off of baby's legs and losing all of your money.

congrats. You outsmarted all of us. You let a woman in her thirties trap you into having two kids so the three of them can suck up all that pension you worked for. You sucker. And your kids are going to really love being at their Little League games and having the other kids make fun of the fact that their father looks like a grandfather. So I'll stick to my old hens that look like models. While you are cleaning sh1t off of baby's legs and losing all of your money.

Lol. Newbie is having a meltdown again! And the one "chick" you have shown us is not, I repeat NOT anything close to a supermodel.

Lol. Newbie is having a meltdown again! And the one "chick" you have shown us is not, I repeat NOT anything close to a supermodel.

lol. Poor dumb bastard.

As long as you lease and not purchase who cares what the age is. Keep Calm and Mash on

Have you ever met a 40+ year old dude who didn't think he could pass for 10+ years younger under some condition?

Me neither. :lol:

Have you ever met a 40+ year old dude who didn't think he could pass for 10+ years younger under some condition?

Me neither. :lol:

I said my 30s. Not 30