Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

Jordy Nelson vs Pierre Garcon

Jordy Nelson starring at Packers camp so far Jordy Nelson has been among the best players at Packers camp through two weeks.

Now entering his fifth season, Nelson is picking up right where he left off in 2011. "Wow!" receivers coach Edgar Bennett said. "This guy just continues to improve. He is an elite receiver. ... He has those three 'S' words: size strength and speed. This guy is a difference-maker." Offensive coordinator Tom Clements raved similarly. While a repeat of last year's efficiency is highly unlikely, Nelson is locked into an every-down role in the game's best passing offense. Last year wasn't a fluke. Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Aug 8 - 8:58 AM

Well, Washington may only throw for 15-20 TDs, given a rookie QB, and I've never seen Garcon as much anything special. I think the current 3-4 round difference in their ADP is pretty on point simply for Nelson's upside.

Not much confidence in Garçon this year. Could be good value and solid consistent play most weeks but nothing special.

Jordy on the other hand could win your week and is my ticket to get a piece of the Green Bay action. Along with the Pats (lloyd) and Saints (Graham), I have to get a piece of each of them.

I love Garcon at his current ADP and as a PPR WR, but because at his current spot he represents great value. That said, no way would I even consider trading Jordy for him right now unless there is another piece thrown in to close the very wide gap. I don't expect Nelson to put up the TD's he had last season, but with Jennings concussed, Finley unable to make the routine catch and Driver clearly on the downside of his career, Nelson should be great again.

As you know, I have both in Zealots. I think Nelson is going to be a stud this year. I doubt he will repeat his insane efficiency but if he drops a little in that department I fully expect to see more targets come his way.

I think Garcon is going to have a few monster games this year, sprinkled in with some mediocre games. I believe in ppr his ppg average is going to be somewhere around 13-15. The thing that I really like about the situation in Washington is the combination of RG3, Garcon, and Hankerson. Hankerson was regarded by some, not a lot but by some, as a better prospect than Julio Jones. I think Julio has the higher ceiling but I also believe Hankerson is going to have a great opportunity in the near future to become a serious stud. The combination of these 2 WR is going to turn RG3 into a top 5 QB before long. He is going to be the next generation of top tier QB once Brees and Brady are past their prime.

I am curious why Indy didn't try and hold onto Garcon. That is the one concerning thing about the situation he was in. They have Andrew Luck coming in and not a whole lot of young WR talent to put around him. I have a feeling it was more of a "time to clean house" type of mentality to put the new GM's stamp on the team. The WR's Indy drafted this year I do not think compare to what Garcon could have offered in terms of pure talent.

Time will tell. I cannot wait to see these 3 in action, especially Garcon and Hankerson, once everyone gets comfortable in their role. Thankfully I have all 3 on my team and am damn confident at least 2 will be a consistent force at the top of the WR rankings.

I have Jordy in Dynasty PPR and was pleasantly surprised by how effective he was last year. His success is somewhat dependent on Jennings pulling pressure away from him, but the Packers offense is so potent he's going to get his numbers. Like previously expressed, I expect a fall-off in the long TD's, but I also expect his receptions to go up now that he's locked in as a starter, Driver is on tail end of his career and James Jones isn't a threat. With Findley back at full health, there are just too many bodies to cover. I would take him over Garcon every day and I'd only consider trading him for a an elite, clear #1 WR on a team, and Garcon definitely doesn't qualify.

As you know, I have both in Zealots. I think Nelson is going to be a stud this year. I doubt he will repeat his insane efficiency but if he drops a little in that department I fully expect to see more targets come his way.

I think Garcon is going to have a few monster games this year, sprinkled in with some mediocre games. I believe in ppr his ppg average is going to be somewhere around 13-15. The thing that I really like about the situation in Washington is the combination of RG3, Garcon, and Hankerson. Hankerson was regarded by some, not a lot but by some, as a better prospect than Julio Jones. I think Julio has the higher ceiling but I also believe Hankerson is going to have a great opportunity in the near future to become a serious stud. The combination of these 2 WR is going to turn RG3 into a top 5 QB before long. He is going to be the next generation of top tier QB once Brees and Brady are past their prime.

I am curious why Indy didn't try and hold onto Garcon. That is the one concerning thing about the situation he was in. They have Andrew Luck coming in and not a whole lot of young WR talent to put around him. I have a feeling it was more of a "time to clean house" type of mentality to put the new GM's stamp on the team. The WR's Indy drafted this year I do not think compare to what Garcon could have offered in terms of pure talent.

Time will tell. I cannot wait to see these 3 in action, especially Garcon and Hankerson, once everyone gets comfortable in their role. Thankfully I have all 3 on my team and am damn confident at least 2 will be a consistent force at the top of the WR rankings.

Hi. Indy did try to keep Garcon. They tried VERY hard to do so. He refused to even negotiate with them knowing they would not tag him. He made it clear midway through last season he wanted to be paid like a top WR. The reports I read after he signed in Washington were Indy was willing to match the contract, but he told them no.

Nice to see someone else shares my love of Hankerson. When he broke those record in college, he was being compared to Irvin and Owens. Many scouts said in three years he could be the best WR in the NFL. As you said, some even compared him to Julio, or thought he could be better. I have him stashed on my bench in all my dynasty leagues and believe he will be the next Brandon Marshall in time.

FBN, that's a pretty bold prediction for Garcon. 208 points in PPR has been around WR20 the past few years; 240 has been around WR10-12. I don't think Griffin can support the latter, especially with Fred Davis around.

FBN, that's a pretty bold prediction for Garcon. 208 points in PPR has been around WR20 the past few years; 240 has been around WR10-12. I don't think Griffin can support the latter, especially with Fred Davis around.

Last year in my PPR league Garcon had 205.3 fantasy points through week 16.

my question is simple: how big is the gap in points scored this year between Nelson and Garcon :dunno:

It's bigger than the gap between Strahan's 2 front teef.

Last year in my PPR league Garcon had 205.3 fantasy points through week 16.

That lower bound is achievable--not a guarantee, but doable, and a good value for where he's going now. It's the higher one I really hesitate on with Davis and Santana still around. I don't really buy Garcon's skillset as that of a true #1 receiver.

That lower bound is achievable--not a guarantee, but doable, and a good value for where he's going now. It's the higher one I really hesitate on with Davis and Santana still around. I don't really buy Garcon's skillset as that of a true #1 receiver.

If we look what Garcon did last year (with Wayne and Clark still around) I think he should be able to come near matching those numbers and possibly exceeding them. Who was his QB last year? RG3 is a huge upgrade! I love his value as a #2-3 WR over the value of Nelson at current ADP. The gap is still pretty big when you think of trade value however, as Nelson is more of a sure thing and Garcon has not put on the #1 WR shoes and excelled.

I read an article about the propensity of mobile QB to find fast targets that may need to quickly adjust when the QB decides to move around. In the article they bought into garcon being a beneficiary of RG3's ability to scramble and move outside the picket. They also pointed to slower targets, like davis, not being the recipient of as many targets because of the lack of adjustment they are able to make. I dont know where the article is but i bought into this phylosophy.

There will definitely be some statistically shallow games from garcon but i also believe, with garcons speed and agility, he will put up at least a couple monster games raising his total ppg to around 13-15. I wouldnt be comfortable with him as my wr1 and probably not as my wr2 as i plan on having at least 2 by the time his adp comes up. I do think his potential this year is high and am definitely willing to spend a mid round selection to get him on my team.

The preseason will give us a good idea of the comfort level these two have with each other.

Thanks for the imput guys

I didnt originally mention the exact offer as I just wanted opinions on these two players. Turns out most are in the same boat as me and see a large gap..

Just for fun the offer was Garcon, Royster & Alex Green for Jordy

I own starks and have been trying to score Green for a draft pick or a couple bordeline players so that is kinda how we got to where were at now..

the other owner sends me a E-mail that says he's going to blow my socks off! I dont trust any shanny back. No matter what there saying this week he could be on the practice squad by next month..Green was more of a insurance for my insurance so thats not a big deal..and Garcon seems to be as much of a question mark to you guys as he does to me..

Hitting the Reject button ASAP, maybe he counters with somthing a little better?

Thanks for the imput guys

I didnt originally mention the exact offer as I just wanted opinions on these two players. Turns out most are in the same boat as me and see a large gap..

Just for fun the offer was Garcon, Royster & Alex Green for Jordy

I own starks and have been trying to score Green for a draft pick or a couple bordeline players so that is kinda how we got to where were at now..

the other owner sends me a E-mail that says he's going to blow my socks off! I dont trust any shanny back. No matter what there saying this week he could be on the practice squad by next month..Green was more of a insurance for my insurance so thats not a big deal..and Garcon seems to be as much of a question mark to you guys as he does to me..

Hitting the Reject button ASAP, maybe he counters with somthing a little better?

Yeah i wouldnt trade away jordy for that. He us more of a sure thing and he will be more consistant this year than garcon. Consistancy is a big influence when considering talent for me. Thats why vjax is prob not ending up on my team.

Do you still see the gap as being very large between the two after the first game?

agreed Garcon looked good last night but I try not to be too reactive as a owner. never get to high based on one good game (or 10 plays) and not too low either. I find the biggest mistake I made as a Rookie owner back in the day was to jump on whoever was hot at the time. Through my years of Dynasty play I have made a purposeful attempt to do just the opposite..

I am probably higher on Garcon then the majority though Nuts, he is a WR2/3 that I plan to target in my redrafts that are coming up soon but not a guy I would to trade a proven commodity for until I see a little more..

I have Garcon projected right around his last year numbers with 195 (ppr). I have Jordy around 230, so the gap isn't quite as significant as it appears. You'd have to overpay to get Jordy right now imo, cause whoever drafted him has a boner over his TDs last year. Should Garcon continue a high level of play throughout the preseason his stock will continue to climb. Right now still too little tape to judge insofar as Garcon's potential.