Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

So...What Kicker You Rolling With In The Playoffs?

Kickers do matter, particularly in the playoffs. My condolences to those who started Badgley or Buttkicker. I had been rolling with Buttkicker all year....even held him through the bye, but just had a bad feeling about last night, and dropped him for Rosa from NYG, who has been money since the resurgence of the Giant offense, but faces the Titans who are not very kicker-friendly.

Also, there are some potential weather issues this weekend for several kickers, including Rosas....so I would advise checking forecasts for open-stadium games, if you are inclined to factor in such things. Myers is also an interesting choice, as he is the 4th best kicker to date yet widely available as a free agent. He faces the the Texans, who have also not given up a ton of points to kickers.

One guy I am looking at closely is Daniel Carlson with Oakland. He is the 6' 5" dude that was selected in the 5th round this year by Minny (he is the all-time SEC scoring leader), and cut after the Green Bay game, in which he missed 3 FG's, including 2 in O.T. Raiders picked him up in week 8, and he has not missed a FG (9 attempts) or EP in the last 5 games. Oakland offense showing a little life, and they get the Bengals this week, who give up the 2nd most FF points to kickers thus far, and the weather looks dry with light winds. In other words, the Raiders will prolly get shut out...lol.

Who are you rolling with, and have you made any changes (streaming) this week, or just standing pat with the dude that got you there?

Greg the leg. I'll only stream kickers if theres bad weather for my main guy. At one point in my life I tried streaming kickers every week but it's just chasing random points. Over the entire year usually a handful turn out to be more valuable than the rest but week to week it's the biggest crap shoot.

Greg the leg.

The guy that I always draft, year after year: Justin Tucker.

Greg the leg

Two good ones, for sure.

In fact, I hope The Leg has 7 FG's and no extra points, as I am facing Goff and Gurly. :bandana:

Edit: I hope The Leg has 2 EP's...following defensive TD's by the Rams

Two good ones, for sure.

In fact, I hope The Leg has 7 FG's and no extra points, as I am facing Goff and Gurly. :bandana:

Edit: I hope The Leg has 2 EP's...following defensive TD's by the Rams

sweet! I can now look forward to 7 FG and 2 EP from Legatron :thumbsup:

I'm gonna be risky and stay with Crosby I think....going against a stout Bears defense in Chicago.

I have Rodgers too. Hope for a 26-23 type game. Several Green Bay drives stall and Crosby kicks a few. Rodgers gets a few TD's too.

I might drop Crosby for Matt Bryant though. Love dome games.

Going against the grain..

McManus vs CLE

Per Yahoo, not more that one FG in 7 straight games...

BUT Browns give up 26 per game. Something has to give, bonuses for long kicks, and if nothing else gives me a rooting interest as Ill be watching the game Sat night.

McManus vs CLE

BUT Browns give up 26 per game. Something has to give, bonuses for long kicks, and if nothing else gives me a rooting interest as Ill be watching the game Sat night.

I like the way you think.....good luck (and, aside from numerous FG's, at least 2 EP's from Brandon "Preying" McManus following long Lindsay TD's, please).

• Like 1

I've been on Rosas for awhile (the guy that the experts sh*t on every week while he just puts up double-digit points consistently) though his matchup is a bit of a concern this week.

Been rolling with Kai Fairbairn for weeks, and dude has been killing it. Here's what I look for in a kicker-

Indoor turf field.

Solid defense to keep games close.

Good running game.

Competent QB who is just good enough to engineer drives without turning the ball over, yet still not a top tier passer who's lights out in the RZ.

I'm still debating for this week. I dropped Badgely before game-time on Thursday, and was glad I did. I'm looking at Parkey at home vs. Packers, Cantanzaro for Panthers at home vs. Saints.

Been rolling with Kai Fairbairn for weeks, and dude has been killing it. Here's what I look for in a kicker-

Indoor turf field.

Solid defense to keep games close.

Good running game.

Competent QB who is just good enough to engineer drives without turning the ball over, yet still not a top tier passer who's lights out in the RZ.

Yeah he is and was again today a great pick.

McManus vs CLE

Good call...

• Like 1

Snagged Legatron when he was dropped bc he was hurt. Kept Tucker too just so that the top squads couldnt start him either. I draft Tucker every year too and lucked out that Greg the Leg was available mid season.

Possible season killer. Decided against swapping kickers, stuck with Rosas instead of grabbing Fairbarn. 23 point mistake thanks to the walking sh*tstain Eli Manning.

I am stuck with Crosby, out of FA pick ups for the season.

He did well for me today, 12 pts.

About as good as I could hope for.

We'll see next week.

Very happy with my Carlson pick.

Got me 13 points. I'll take that any day....and twice on Sundays.

• Like 1

Rolling out Rosas in a couple of leagues.

After a zero last week, and the Colts (who NYG's play this week) blanking Maher....probabilities would tend to be in his favor.

I went with Carlson last week, but was eyeing Crosby and Elliot... Thinking im going Crosby this week.