Sign in to follow this  
IndyFan

Jacobs or Ward

I am faced with the same dilemma as a lot of other Jacobs owners. If I start Jacobs what are the chances that he starts but only gets 10 carries and gives way to Ward who then gets 20 carries. If I start Ward it may go the other way around. I amleaning toward Ward because I think that even if Jacobs starts he probably will be protected by the Giants coaching staff and share carries in the first half and not come back at all in the second half. What do you guys think.

If he is good enough to play at all he will get normal carries. If he is an injury risk, my guess is that he will not play at all and Bradshaw will get a heap of carries. Ward is a good play regardless, as you know that the GMen are going to try and run as much clock as possible.

Local (AZ) radio guys on Wednesday pointed out that after the Cards game, the Giants have 3 consectutive division games. Not that they would punt the Cards game as that could have tiebreaker implications, but it could affect the Giants longer-term thinking. My guess is that he plays, but is largely limited to short-yardage/end zone opps.

Eli hasn't topped 200 yards since the first weekend of October.

I think the normal workload will hold true.

Coughlin/Gilbride don't tinker.

If it ain't broke...

Jacobs - 17 touches

Ward - 13 touches

Bradshaw - 5 touches

(e.g., season averages for Earth, Wind & Fire)

F.U. Coughlin for putting Jacobs as PROBABLE on the report.

Now I have to start the piece of shyte that is Fargas.

And F.U. Andy Reid. McNabb better be the starter next week. I can't make it thorough the playoffs with Garthia as my QB.

the thing that i don't understand is that i was watching the yahoo fantasy live show @12:45 and they were saying he was likely to play. where did they get that info? nothing like turning on the game and hearing "brandon jacobs will be inactive today as the cardinals host the giants". it would be one thing if he didn't practice all week, but it sounds like he could have been fine to play with the limited practice and then the full practice. listen i know he has been putting up good numbers all year, just seems that all info was either very misinformed or he decided at the last possible minute not to suit up. makes u wonder what to do next week when they claim the knee is all healed up, he'll definitely be in the lineup. oh really.

the thing that i don't understand is that i was watching the yahoo fantasy live show @12:45 and they were saying he was likely to play. where did they get that info? nothing like turning on the game and hearing "brandon jacobs will be inactive today as the cardinals host the giants". it would be one thing if he didn't practice all week, but it sounds like he could have been fine to play with the limited practice and then the full practice. listen i know he has been putting up good numbers all year, just seems that all info was either very misinformed or he decided at the last possible minute not to suit up. makes u wonder what to do next week when they claim the knee is all healed up, he'll definitely be in the lineup. oh really.

Welcome to the world of Jacobs ownership. This has been his M.O. since being in the league, very unpredictable injury-wise.

F.U. Coughlin for putting Jacobs as PROBABLE on the report.

Now I have to start the piece of shyte that is Fargas.

And F.U. Andy Reid. McNabb better be the starter next week. I can't make it thorough the playoffs with Garthia as my QB.

That didn't turn out too badly for ya.

Welcome to the world of Jacobs ownership. This has been his M.O. since being in the league, very unpredictable injury-wise.

As far as I can remember, this was the first time all year that his status was uncertain. I've been plugging him in as my #2 RB and not giving it much more thought until this week. Last year may have been a nightmare for his owners, but as Pumba would say "...you have to put your past in your behind..."