Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Hooray for inattentive owners!

My dynasty league has odd rules. We have a one round rookie draft. I took Wells in the three slot (Sanchez and Moreno went 1 and 2).

After the one round rookie draft, anyone else is fair game, starting today. I just grabbed Percy Harvin off waivers for free.

And I also noticed while I was there that Derek Mason was on the wire, as the owner dropped him, thinking he retired. Cmon aboard sir.

Then I notice that Cederick Benson was on the wire! I'll take that too.

:music_guitarred:

Of course last year, one idiot owner, not knowing what a dynasty league meant, cut Tom Brady in week 2. I snatched him up.

So my roster for the upcoming season looks like this...

QB: Tom Brady, Chad Pennington

RB: Adrian Peterson, Steve Slaton, Ryan Grant, Chris Wells, Tim Hightower, Chester Taylor

WR: Anquan Boldin, Marques Colston, Derek Mason, Devin Hester, Tedd Ginn, Percy Harvin

TE: Jason Whitten

D/ST: Steelers, Bucs

Championship! :dunno:

i expected a much more rediculous looking roster.

If it wasn't for the moron dropping Brady your team wouldn't be that amazing. As it is now I wouldn't call it a lock for anything

and this isn't me being overly critical in response to a bragging thread... It just really isn't that special

My dynasty league has odd rules. We have a one round rookie draft. I took Wells in the three slot (Sanchez and Moreno went 1 and 2).

After the one round rookie draft, anyone else is fair game, starting today. I just grabbed Percy Harvin off waivers for free.

And I also noticed while I was there that Derek Mason was on the wire, as the owner dropped him, thinking he retired. Cmon aboard sir.

Of course last year, one idiot owner, not knowing what a dynasty league meant, cut Tom Brady in week 2. I snatched him up.

QB: Tom Brady, Marc Bulger

RB: Adrian Peterson, Steve Slayton, Ryan Grant, Chris Wells, Tim Hightower, Chester Taylor

WR: Anquan Boldin, Marques Colston, Derek Mason, Devin Hester, Tedd Ginn, Percy Harvin

Championship! :dunno:

I mean no disrespect by this question but, how is that fun? It takes away from the draft experience in my opinion. That is a great team, but the way you built it doesn't seem very challenging. You should be good for the next few years from what I understand from your rules. I prefer a challenge. I don't understand dynasty leagues.

I mean no disrespect by this question but, how is that fun? It takes away from the draft experience in my opinion. That is a great team, but the way you built it doesn't seem very challenging. You should be good for the next few years from what I understand from your rules. I prefer a challenge. I don't understand dynasty leagues.

This is my first dynasty league. It is a startup from last year. We did an auction draft. I ended up overpaying for peterson, but felt I built a fairly ok team. The idiocy of my co-owners has helped.

This is an office league. All the owners work in my office, and a fair amount of smack gets talked.

I wanted to do a dynasty league because I like the thought of nursing a team along through the years, identifying young players that, while not special now, will be someday. For example, I know that I will need to pick a young QB in the next year or two in hopes that he is a stud by the time Brady hangs em up. That kind of thing.

This is my first dynasty league. It is a startup from last year. We did an auction draft. I ended up overpaying for peterson, but felt I built a fairly ok team. The idiocy of my co-owners has helped.

This is an office league. All the owners work in my office, and a fair amount of smack gets talked.

I wanted to do a dynasty league because I like the thought of nursing a team along through the years, identifying young players that, while not special now, will be someday. For example, I know that I will need to pick a young QB in the next year or two in hopes that he is a stud by the time Brady hangs em up. That kind of thing.

What players did you draft and what players were from last year?

What players did you draft and what players were from last year?

Let's see, I drafted Peterson, Grant, Boldin, Colston, Steelers, Bucs, Ginn, Taylor, Hightower, whitten, hester, and slayton. I paid a bit to much for Peterson and Grant, and had little money left by the end. Fortunately, I got Boldin and Colston and Whitten fairly cheaply.

I also had a couple of scrub QB's. I pretty much played QBBC last year, which hurt me. Thankfully, I have Brady to hold that down this year.

i can tell you from experience that it's a VERY different beast to play in a competitive dynasty league (that rules yours out TBBOM). i'm in my 3rd year as a dynasty owner and can honestly say that my team may actually not be any better today than it was 3 years ago. Some of that comes from circumstances beyond my control, like Vince Young being the suck (he was drafted by the previous owner), Plaxico Burress shooting himself and Marshawn Lynch being an idiot. I was chomping at the bit last year for Jonathan Stewart, got lucky and he fell to me at 3rd, then watched as guys like Forte, Slaton and even Kevin Smith outperformed him. Since it's also a PPR AND a IDP league, it's very complicated. And QB's are worth big pts in this league, and inheriting a team that had Eli and VY as the QB's is an almost unrecoverable deficit. Redrafts are damned easy compared to this thing...hell, Mandarin Chinese is easy compared to it...

I'm not trying to insult you but I agree with some of the comments made prior to mine.

I love the competition of FF and I would hate to get an upper-hand by someone else not paying attention. I love playing in active leagues where I have to out-study, out-plan, and out-do my competition.

Why only 1 round in a rookie draft?

Also if this guy was new to dynasty leagues and didn't quite understand the process it was kind of shitty of you guys to allow him to drop Brady to the pool.

P.S. and it's Witten (drop the H).

Why only 1 round in a rookie draft?

Also if this guy was new to dynasty leagues and didn't quite understand the process it was kind of shitty of you guys to allow him to drop Brady to the pool.

P.S. and it's Witten (drop the H).

As for the only one round thing, I honestly don't know why. I think its stupid myself, but I don't make the rules.

And as for the Brady thing, we didn't have IR spots, and he needed the roster space I guess. I offered to give him back, he declined. :thumbsup:

Let's see, I drafted Peterson, Grant, Boldin, Colston, Steelers, Bucs, Ginn, Taylor, Hightower, whitten, hester, and slayton. I paid a bit to much for Peterson and Grant, and had little money left by the end. Fortunately, I got Boldin and Colston and Whitten fairly cheaply.

I also had a couple of scrub QB's. I pretty much played QBBC last year, which hurt me. Thankfully, I have Brady to hold that down this year.

How does your dynasty league work? What are you allowed to keep and what is put back into the draft? And how much money do you use for the auction draft process? We have the same group of guys that have stayed in our league for fifteen years and the Dynasty Draft question came up at our meeting this year. Some of the older guys are interested. TIA

RB: Adrian Peterson, Steve Slaton, Ryan Grant, Chris Wells, Tim Hightower, Chester Taylor

Championship! :thumbsdown:

List the rest of your family's teams.

Guest John_Rizzio

Championship! :unsure:

Your league is bush league bro! If i am dis commish and someone drop brady mr tom terrific in a keepa league I am not letting it happen. You is cheating. Shame on you :thumbsdown: <_<

Your team is average. Come back when you are actually winning every game to tell me I am wrong. A truly great team is one that is still stacked once the injuries occur (and you my friend have many injury affected players) your bench is terrible...Cardinals rbs? Why bother wasting the roster space? Ryan Grant? Looked great in 2007 when the stars were alligned, now is a nonpass catching back in a pass happy offense.

Percy Harvin? lol

DMAse? What, is he 40 yet?

Pennington? Once the magic wears off of last season, he will be where he normally is, with a backup breathing down his neck (Henne)

If your league is so dumb, you should try pulling some trades for some of your garbage.

If Cedric Benson can nut up and find a pair, Marvin Lewis, the plumber of coaches, just may turn him into a poor man's Rudi Johnson, ie. 1200 yds 10 TD's...

and a fair amount of smack gets talked.

How do you talk smack over the roar of the deep fryer?

Last year a buddy and I became co-owners of a team in a Keeper/Salary Cap league. It is by far the most interesting fantasy league I have been in. I still like redraft leagues but the salary cap makes it so more interesting. We have a $150 cap and a 2 round rookie draft followed up by a auction to distribute the other players.

:headbanger:

Championship! :wub:

Inattentive owners? Are you being PC? We call these owners "bad owners" and don't ask them back the next year.

So the goldmine you're referring to is Beanie, Harvin, Mason and Benson?

Well Wells was my rookie pick.

But yeah, I'd say checking the wire and getting a starting RB, a starting WR, and Harvin in a dynasty league is a goldmine. Maybe it would help if I told you what I dropped to get them...

Josh Morgan

Jake Delhomme

Trent Edwards