Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Mexico- anyone been there recently?

So not one of you decided to just google "violence Cancun"? I'll go over the broad strokes: 14 killed in 36 hours, travel advisory in affect. Yeah, you shouid be fine.

Lol. First thing I thought of when I opened the thread.

Lol. First thing I thought of when I opened the thread.

Yeah- I read the focking article- I asked if anyone actually had gotten off their fat ass and had actually been there recently.

The golden age of air travel.

Midnight text from the airlines. First flight delayed 3 hours- would miss connecting flight- and miss the Mexican transport to the resort.

Finally found a flight through Chicago. But it leaves an hour earlier.

Rain on the drive to airport. Hail. De- icing. Take off 45 minutes late.

And her we go!

I was in Cabo last year. Was in town during the day, stayed at the resort at night. No issues.

Yeah- I read the focking article- I asked if anyone actually had gotten off their fat ass and had actually been there recently.

Why risk it? Is Puerto Vallarta still safe? If so, could you go there?

I was there exactly 13 years ago today on my honeymoon.

We only left the resort once. We stayed at this one:

https://vallarta.grandvelas.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwk9HWBRApEiwA6mKWaU0AFbA0Qg9Cx-zaK8CUO3iq97FkcRfGQjV8isJmUBF0tVAUeUP1BBoC3FwQAvD_BwE

Never mind. Just saw your post about being on the way. Safe travels man.

I went to Punta Mita last year. Stayed at the 4 Seasons Resort - loved it.

I'm the anti-tourist. Some people try to speak the language and use local currency. I'm not that guy. When waiter or cab driver asked "habla Espaniol?" I always replied "Nope." Even though most Floridians can to some degree. All educated Mexicans speak English anyway and if they can't, you probably shouldn't be talking to them. When wife asked if we should get pesos I said until they request it, they get dollars. Let them do the math. Nobody requested it.

Going to Playa Mujeres this week, all inclusive, car service to from airport, not leaving the grounds. Looking forward to it

Going to Playa Mujeres this week, all inclusive, car service to from airport, not leaving the grounds. Looking forward to it

Have you checked to see what booze is available with the all inclusive? Buddy went to Jamaica a couple of months ago and all they had for whiskeys was Jim Beam and the only beer that was 'free' was Red Stripe.

Have you checked to see what booze is available with the all inclusive? Buddy went to Jamaica a couple of months ago and all they had for whiskeys was Jim Beam and the only beer that was 'free' was Red Stripe.

Red stripe in Jamaica is tasty. Plus you go there for the rum if anything

If Mexico banned guns, I would be much safer.

:thumbsup:

Red stripe in Jamaica is tasty

I don't mind Red Stripe but If I had to drink Jim Beam for a week...that would suck.

I don't mind Red Stripe but If I had to drink Jim Beam for a week...that would suck.

The first few days are the toughest.