Sign in to follow this  
Artista

I Hate The DMV!

Got renewal notice for my d/l for when mine expires on 9/28. Since I've been able to do it by mail the last 2 times law says I have to go in! :mad:

I'm in sx on Thurs and will have a compromised immune system assuming I can even have the strength to go deal with that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit of a place that's crawling with germs! Left my # for this call back thing they supposedly do but WTF?

I guess if they don't call back today I'll have to go first thing in the am and try to get this done now.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is usually because they want a quick eye test check and updated photo...

It is usually because they want a quick eye test check and updated photo...

It's all but quick in that unsanitary place. I can't risk getting sick and every time I've been in there, it's wall to wall people of which 1/2 look like they are sick. I highly doubt I can get an appt for tomorrow anyway. Wed is out with my nuclear medicine injection and then bro getting here.

Do you happen to know if they give extensions for such circumstanced for a few months or I have to risk it going in there with a compromised immune system? I always feel gross coming out of there as is as air circulation is much to be desired as well. Can't believe my luck! :(

You can't do it online? I'm pretty sure that's how I renewed mine. I've got the same picture from 14 years ago on mine. :dunno:

It's all but quick in that unsanitary place. I can't risk getting sick and every time I've been in there, it's wall to wall people of which 1/2 look like they are sick. I highly doubt I can get an appt for tomorrow anyway. Wed is out with my nuclear medicine injection and then bro getting here.

Do you happen to know if they give extensions for such circumstanced for a few months or I have to risk it going in there with a compromised immune system? I always feel gross coming out of there as is as air circulation is much to be desired as well. Can't believe my luck! :(

That I could not tell you... I think if you are able to get them on the phone/email and explain your situation, they "might" cut you a break...

You can't do it online? I'm pretty sure that's how I renewed mine. I've got the same picture from 14 years ago on mine. :dunno:

No. It says at the DMV office and I have to sign this thing there. Fock. I don't have enough on my mind and to do that I have go there and worry about if I catch anything there. I guess better before sx than after and then chemo et al. :mad:

The DMV is not as horrifying as far as lines go as it used to be anyway. A lot of people do a lot more things online now obviously. I had to go there about a year ago for something, there was only one other customer in the place.

That I could not tell you... I think if you are able to get them on the phone/email and explain your situation, they "might" cut you a break...

Definitely going to plead my case. Hopefully I get a nice person if I get a call back. As with any gov agency, you can opt to hold for 2 hours until someone decides they aren't busy enough to pick up the phone or in this case, leave your number and hope someone decides they aren't busy enough in the zoo to call you back. :rolleyes: I'll be real surprised if I get a call back...

Strange you don't like the DMV, usually they rate among the highest in customer satisfaction.

I'd almost rather have sx without anesthesia, almost....

The DMV is not as horrifying as far as lines go as it used to be anyway. A lot of people do a lot more things online now obviously. I had to go there about a year ago for something, there was only one other customer in the place.

You would think but so many older folks and folks who are green with computers fill the walls of the DMV. I had to drop something off before recently and it was packed! I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Long azz nap time. Have the phone full blast and by my ear so I won't miss their call, assuming they do call...

:sleep:

There used to be businesses in California that did business with the DMV so the individuals did not have to go into the DMV offices. They would sometimes have offices in little huts in parking lots like a Photo Mat back in the day.

The reason they existed was to assist illegals who were scared that they would end up back in Mexico if they physically went into the office,. You might see if they can help.

There used to be businesses in California that did business with the DMV so the individuals did not have to go into the DMV offices. They would sometimes have offices in little huts in parking lots like a Photo Mat back in the day.

The reason they existed was to assist illegals who were scared that they would end up back in Mexico if they physically went into the office,. You might see if they can help.

AAA used to offer DMV services as well.

I think that's why the DMV here is so packed all the time. Not long ago it was passed that illegals can get a d/l. :mad:

I did get a call back 2 hours later. Dude couldn't help me but gave me 916-657-7790 as the # to an office that I could talk to to try and extend it without going in.

This is great except either this place is like 1970 when no voice mail existed cuz there isn't one, or it's a set up to send people like me to get a busy signal every time you dial! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:wacko:

At least I got a little nap in before housekeeper is back to finish up with this place.

AAA used to offer DMV services as well.

Oh you're right! Thank you! Going to check it out now. I have the basic road service package with them.

:unsure:

I didn't know you dated bill Cosby.

Funny dudes this fine Monday afternoon........ :lol:

Well, if I lived in NV I would be gold. No go in CA or UT if anyone is curious for d/l renewal. <_< Looks like I have to go early in the am to do this. No appt so we'll see how long I'll be there. :mad: Will go with a hand held kleenex mask over my nose. Maybe that'll help get me out sooner if I look sick. <_<

No, that pharmacies Actually sell actual medical masks, right?

I"m spent. Energy is always low much less after being out all am running errands and a short nap. So no go out again today for me. This shiiiiiiiiiiiiit kicks the shiiiiiiiiiiiiit out of you, and then you have such shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit put on top of it. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :wacko: <_<

Going to stand in line at 7:30 am for 8:00 opening. I have to be in Berkeley at 1:00 pm to meet my med onc. I better be out by noon or I"m really hosed. :wall:

I'm going to be holding kleenexs over my nose the entire time, even for the photo. The Islamic look minus the burka and all. Yeah, I'm going to be fun for them tomorrow. :lol:

I remember the DMV in Cali. You had to stand for hours in the line People would run out of time and stomping out because they had to pick up the kids or some shiot.

DMV here is nuts cuz everyone is moving here again, from a lot of out of stater tech heads to foreigners all saying we just moved here, to our illegals. Great. Thanks for overpopulating our already overpopulated state that's in a severe drought. Hope you brought your own water and tent! :mad:

Got there at 7:00 am thinking 1 hour early, shouldn't be much of a line. Err, the line was wrapped around the building already! :mad: At least I got a front parking spot and an end seat by the door so fresh air and only 1 person next to me. It's like visiting a zoo only no one is caged. :wacko:

Was a fine 3 hour waste of time this morning. Now to prepare my notes and questions for my med onc appt at 1:00...

I just LOVE it. I often wait in line, even if I don't need them

DMV here is nuts cuz everyone is moving here again, from a lot of out of stater tech heads to foreigners all saying we just moved here, to our illegals. Great. Thanks for overpopulating our already overpopulated state that's in a severe drought. Hope you brought your own water and tent! :mad:

Got there at 7:00 am thinking 1 hour early, shouldn't be much of a line. Err, the line was wrapped around the building already! :mad: At least I got a front parking spot and an end seat by the door so fresh air and only 1 person next to me. It's like visiting a zoo only no one is caged. :wacko:

Was a fine 3 hour waste of time this morning. Now to prepare my notes and questions for my med onc appt at 1:00...

They are a part of the same organization that we recently gave our health care system to.

They are a part of the same organization that we recently gave our health care system to.

That I like though. Have a great plan and low premium, which with my cancer diagnosis if I didn't have, I'd be dead cuz who can afford all this shiiiiiiiiit??

I just LOVE it. I often wait in line, even if I don't need them

The only line I have patience for is a concert line, not tickets, but to get in. Cuz there's something to look forward too. Everything else, oh hells nos!