Sign in to follow this  
ROCKFORD

Marion Mack, "the knife", rb, ind.

Marlon Mack poised for bigger role?
Rookie RB erupted for 91 yards rushing in Week 5
By: Doug Orth | Oct 9 2017, 4:55 pm

Indianapolis Colts
HC Chuck Pagano: "I think it would be wise to try to find ways to get (Marlon Mack) the football and get him more involved." (CNHI Sports Indiana)

FFToday's Take: Mack had been sidelined by a shoulder injury since Week 2, but he did not appear to miss a beat against San Francisco in Week 5. The rookie is highly unlikely to force Frank Gore out of the lineup, but a true split backfield seems the most likely resolution for a team that wants to reduce Gore's workload. Nevertheless, Mack should be added in leagues this week and could be a serviceable flex option in Week 6 against the Tennessee Titans.

I'd add him for sure, but temper expectations. You should never underestimate the stupidity of Chuck and Chud. Mack hasn't chopped enough wood yet for the Chuckster.

Wow great post boilerddd.

I agree.

I like Mack and he's worthy of a roster spot.

• Like 1

Great stash and hold if you can afford the space during byes.

I think its easier to hold him if you also have Gore, but I do agree.

Hes more appealing in keeper or dynasty, but anyone with a rotating roster spot should make a bid. I was outbid on all the backs last week, except Collins who I picked up the week prior. I plan to overbid for Mack. I can see him taking the job in the second half of the year, or at the very least being in position to be the lead next year.

Great stash and hold if you can afford the space during byes.

Hey wait....I picked up Collins to stash last week. Is he any better of a stash?

I think Mack will get more and more work going forward.

He's a good one.

I think he will supplant Frank Gore after Andrew Luck returns. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a rookie season similar to David Johnson and rank in the top 5 going into next season.

I think he will supplant Frank Gore after Andrew Luck returns. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a rookie season similar to David Johnson and rank in the top 5 going into next season.

well, if you want to put a rookie RB in a position to succeed, it would make sense to wait until Luck is back.

speaking of which, isnt Luck expected to be back in the next couple of weeks?

Would he be a better stash/spot starter than Collins?

I think he is a better stash than Collins. Collins had the perfect storm of a West injury and a huge lead against the Raiders who were playing a back up QB. I had Collins in my line up and thought he was going to go off. Instead the staff showed that they fear Collins fumbling so much that they would rather hand the ball to Allen. If he couldn't make it work then I don't know how he is going to get anything going in the future. Plus, Woodhead will be back and a few weeks so you have that to deal with.

• Like 1

I would agree.

I would let Collins go and pick up Mack.

After all TheFootballGuru talked him up this past summer, and I agree with it.

It's ok of they need to pass forty times, he's very good on the passing game.

He moves very good in space.

He's worthy.

Question for you guys. Since I'm in a Yahoo League where you can drop a player that's played for someone that has not would you recommend I do this?

I could drop Breida... and pick up Marlon Mack just to see how he plays. Or is Breida a better stash given that hide may get traded any second?

I'm really excited about M Mack even coming into the this season.

I'll take Mack.

Long live Frank Gore!!!!!!! Go for 40 big guy!!!!!!!!

Mack has about another 5 years to wait.

I feel like Gore has the position based on seniority.

Gore still brings it, but will never have a run over 40yds again. Mack IMO is a younger version of, said dinosaur.

I think he is a better stash than Collins. Collins had the perfect storm of a West injury and a huge lead against the Raiders who were playing a back up QB. I had Collins in my line up and thought he was going to go off. Instead the staff showed that they fear Collins fumbling so much that they would rather hand the ball to Allen. If he couldn't make it work then I don't know how he is going to get anything going in the future. Plus, Woodhead will be back and a few weeks so you have that to deal with.

Agree with this. I made this very decision last week, dropping Collins for Mack. Collins may end up with the early-down role before long (if he doesn't already), but he's probably not going to contribute AT ALL in the passing game. Also, Woodhead is (probably) coming back in about a month. Gore refuses to get injured, but how many games can Indy really put up with about 3.5 YPC from Gore before the coaches say enough is enough. It's not necessarily a knock on Gore, he just needs a mauling o-line at this point of his career, and that is not what he has.

With Turbin's injury, it should really be Mack on early downs and Gore as the trusted blitz-pickup/third-down back if they insist on splitting the workload.

Agree with this. I made this very decision last week, dropping Collins for Mack. Collins may end up with the early-down role before long (if he doesn't already), but he's probably not going to contribute AT ALL in the passing game. Also, Woodhead is (probably) coming back in about a month. Gore refuses to get injured, but how many games can Indy really put up with about 3.5 YPC from Gore before the coaches say enough is enough. It's not necessarily a knock on Gore, he just needs a mauling o-line at this point of his career, and that is not what he has.

With Turbin's injury, it should really be Mack on early downs and Gore as the trusted blitz-pickup/third-down back if they insist on splitting the workload.

Don't underestimate the idiocy of Chuck Pagano.

Matt Jones is also in the mix. I’m sure Chuck loves him too.

Agreed (ugh). I just said he's a better stash, not that he will carry the load in December.

Matt Jones is also in the mix. I’m sure Chuck loves him too.

You're probably right. Either way, this is for you Chuck ... :rolleyes:

He's part of a 3 headed rbbc and he did nothing to separate himself last night.

Stash if you have a spot, but don't expect much unless Gore gets injured.

Turbin is out for the year, so two-headed RBBC with a 34-year-old RB (unless you are counting Jones, who has already been cut by the Colts once).

I don't get these coaches. Just start gore. Give Mack two series to gore's one.

They have these legitimate players and they refuse to play them. Shït -

arians needed 2 runningbacks to get hurt before he would even play david johnson. He was just a top 3 runningback talent in the league riding your bench.

Only thing holding The Mack back is the coaching, or lack of coaching.

Agree I don't understand how these coaching staff use these up and coming players.

Mack did nothing to separate himself from Gore, because he was only given the ball twice and avg 9 yards per rush.

He's has the big play making ability that the Colts coaching staff seems afraid of using.

Mm I don't know.

Turbin is out for the year, so two-headed RBBC with a 34-year-old RB (unless you are counting Jones, who has already been cut by the Colts once).

Just saw that about Turbin. Definitely helps Mack's prospects.

Only thing holding The Mack back is the coaching, or lack of coaching.

Agree I don't understand how these coaching staff use these up and coming players.

Mack did nothing to separate himself from Gore, because he was only given the ball twice and avg 9 yards per rush.

He's has the big play making ability that the Colts coaching staff seems afraid of using.

Mm I don't know.

Not to toot the homer horn, but that's one of the things I love about Carroll, he's plays his explosive players after they flash.

Not to toot the homer horn, but that's one of the things I love about Carroll, he's plays his explosive players after they flash.

Oh, so that's why Lacy was the lead back coming into the year.

So true.

After saying Mack should get more carries LAST week, Pagano's post-game presser had him saying "We should probably find ways to get Mack more carries".

Pagano's the Homer Simpson of NFL coaches.

Oh, so that's why Lacy was the lead back coming into the year.

And when Carson badly outplayed him Lacy was inactive the next week.

I do wish the team would have swallowed their pride and kept Collins over Lacy (or just never signed fat Eddie at all) but I digress.

There's a 7:02 roto blurb in which a local reporter states at least 2 teams have expressed in interest in trading for Gore.

Things could get interesting....

There's a 7:02 roto blurb in which a local reporter states at least 2 teams have expressed in interest in trading for Gore.

Things could get interesting....

well, I think there is no doubt this is Gore's last season.

if they can get anything for him... anything at all, they should think about it.

the only real advantage to keeping him is that he could act as mentor to the young Marlon Mack.