Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

ATL shut down

. At the ATL Airport. Major power outage. Been that way for 4 hours now. That's going to have a serious domino effect. Any news from out there?

. At the ATL Airport. Major power outage. Been that way for 4 hours now. That's going to have a serious domino effect. Any news from out there?

Go out. Do something. Ask the nurse for a pass.

IRONY!!!

Been out all day with my friends. You should get some. Or go out at least. Ask nice for permission

Is nurse Ratched still on shift ??

I picture Wiffle as Cheswick. Hit me. Hit me. Hit me.

• Like 1

Nobody is buying that. Stop it

Who are you anyway? I've remember you saying something about the Marines.

:first:

Lots of traffic on the turnpike today? Didn't look like there were a lot of people at the game. Liar

God, this board gets sucker and suck here. Really? Nothing?

Other than the usual trollias?

I'll bite:

1. "Official" story is construction crew cut the one line that provides power to ATL (wink). "Unofficial" story is a bunch of corrupt FBI officials and/or congressmen about to be #metoo'd were trying to escape the country. The good guys stopped them.

2. Shutting down the busiest airport in America for half a day had a ripple effect throughout the world. Holiday travelers just trying to get home to see meemaw were so frustrated, they all posted selfies on social media claiming "I can't even"

3. Of all the airports to get stuck in ATL is at least a top 10. Lots of fine ass soccer moms and college girls through there wearing their comfy yoga pants, putting their butts on display for all to ogle. Sweetwater Brewery has 2 locations where you can post up and drink some decent beer and people watch (or NFL games since it is Sunday). And mail SenatorRock a green 420 pale ale t shirt. Plus there are at least 2 BBQ joints in ATL. Honestly, I think hanging out in an airport on a Sunday during holiday/football season is probably one of the better ways to spend a day. If you have your looks together you could probably even get a date or two off of tinder or bumble. Family restrooms are where it's at for an airport rendezvous.

Atlanta is the only airport I've ever been in with homeless filth in it lying around.

Like, past security?

It was pre 9/11. Where the restaurants were.

I'll bite:

3. Of all the airports to get stuck in ATL is at least a top 10. Lots of fine ass soccer moms and college girls through there wearing their comfy yoga pants, putting their butts on display for all to ogle. Sweetwater Brewery has 2 locations where you can post up and drink some decent beer and people watch (or NFL games since it is Sunday). And mail SenatorRock a green 420 pale ale t shirt. Plus there are at least 2 BBQ joints in ATL. Honestly, I think hanging out in an airport on a Sunday during holiday/football season is probably one of the better ways to spend a day. If you have your looks together you could probably even get a date or two off of tinder or bumble. Family restrooms are where it's at for an airport rendezvous.

I'm sure those things were all quite awesome without power.

• Like 1

It was pre 9/11. Where the restaurants were.

So what relevance is a probably bullsh1t story from 16+ years ago?

F***, can you imagine getting stuck in some of those tunnels in Pitch Black at the ATL?

This is why I always look around when I'm stuck in elevators and train cars and such. If the power goes out I know exactly who and where I'm groping.

Nothing worse than being at the airport and not having a place to charge your phone.

Nothing worse than being at the airport and not having a place to charge your phone.

That doesnt bother me. I hate the airports that have no free WiFi. You land, have no cell service because youre in a new country, and you cant message anyone to tell them youve landed, or google where you are going, or whatever.

And US airports suck in that you can never seem to buy a damn prepaid SIM card there. Everywhere else, no problem.

And also, fock those money exchange bastages in the airport. Huge fees and sh!t rates.

Whaaat? This is the first I'm hearing of it. I live in Atlanta!! Interesting....I'll find out the truth of matters. Both airports??? That's impossible...they're in different areas.

I just looked at the airport map and it SEEMS the international section is totally separate from the domestic, but in fact they are connected.

I suppose if all of Manhattan can suffer a blackout, so can an airport.

I frankly don't see how the whole airport lost power. There are multiple feeds (at least two) to prevent this such a thing. It would have to be after the those feeds enter the building.

This seems like one of those stories we are not going to know the whole story for years to come. If ever at all.

You coke a cola drinking, chik filet eating mo fo's better unfock yourselves! :mad: I have a very important flight to Vegas this evening.

I frankly don't see how the whole airport lost power. There are multiple feeds (at least two) to prevent this such a thing. It would have to be after the those feeds enter the building.

Probably hobos starting fires again.

• Like 1

This seems like one of those stories we are not going to know the whole story for years to come. If ever at all.

Yup

You know, I can't really fault the utility companies slow response time.

The dumbass that called them said oh yeah we're right off of Peachtree!

ATL-ians will understand.

• Like 1

Like, past security?

Yes. By where the uh restaurants were. Near the public bathroom.

Yes. By where the uh restaurants were. Near the public bathroom.

How would you know? Did you stop there on your way to Dallas? Lol. What a loser