Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the NFL

Anything further is going to simply be an attempt to corral a greased pig. People can read who has better points, MDC, and decide for themselves.

Of course there is risk. In fact, Goodell may be - right now - in the process of testing that level, and increasing it.

No, I never said that, and I'm utterly tired of running around stamping out brush fires that you create out of your imagination. I said that the innovators were the small group of ORIGINATORS.

How about you stop inventing crap in your head which you then use to convince yourself that you're correct?

I never said this either. I said that there would be other qualified athletes, and that's all I said. It'd be like considering if there would be an owner who runs the Eagles franchise like Lurie does. No one is addressing that, but you feel the need to invent stuff like this to drag the argument into places you think you need to in order to win the argument.

Winning the argument for you requires you to distance yourself from the core of the contention: this life rewards great ideas more and better than it does great athleticism.

Proof is what the original founders of the AFL have created.

But I never made those claims. You did. You invented them.

And you're badly losing this debate as a result.

Raiders said the owners "create" the jobs and beat all the risk. This is nonsense: There is no risk to being an owner today and the league would function fine with any collection of owners.

You seem to know that's true and now you're reduced to blubbering about innovations that happened 40 years ago. :doh:

So if they disappeared tomorrow who is more replaceable: Lurie or Wentz?

Stop bobbing and weaving and just answer the focking question.

I can't speak for Lurie but I will say that the most valuable person in the history of the AZ Cardinals is Michael Bidwill, who took over the team from his useless father, pushed through a stadium referendum, and created a culture of success. I would take him over Fitz, Warner, and Aeneas Williams rolled into one superathlete. :thumbsup:

Copied this comment from an article I was reading about Georgia cheerleaders taking a knee during the Anthem:

"I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for the many great contributions of the Black community and their culture to our society. Their peaceful and generous nature makes them ideal neighbors, lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other culture.

Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as an example to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people. Real Estate values are fueled by the influx of African Americans into an area due to their caring and respectful nurturing of these communities, an example of all they have achieved by their enthusiasm for self-improvement through hard work and a self-reliant can-do nature. Without their industrious and creative drive, we would be poorer as a nation."

Raiders said the owners "create" the jobs and beat all the risk. This is nonsense: There is no risk to being an owner today and the league would function fine with any collection of owners.

You seem to know that's true and now you're reduced to blubbering about innovations that happened 40 years ago. :doh:

I never said any such thing. I reacted to a very specific claim you made - and your claim had nothing to do with 'Raiders'. You did as most leftists do: attempt to diminish the value of ownership and increase value of workers.

There is only one entity qualified to do that: the market.

I never said any such thing. I reacted to a very specific claim you made - and your claim had nothing to do with 'Raiders'. You did as most leftists do: attempt to diminish the value of ownership and increase value of workers.

There is only one entity qualified to do that: the market.

The irony is that you're crediting NFL owners today for creating a league that was already well established before roughly all of them either inherited their franchise or bought in.

The point is that the NFL is not a traditional employee / worker relationship in that the success of the league depends mostly on the on field talent, and the top end of that talent at least is irreplaceable.

The irony is that you're crediting NFL owners today for creating a league that was already well established before roughly all of them either inherited their franchise or bought in.

There is no irony here. I'm not crediting them with anything other than having accumulated the resources needed to do so. The rest is your imagination.

The point is that the NFL is not a traditional employee / worker relationship in that the success of the league depends mostly on the on field talent, and the top end of that talent at least is irreplaceable.

The success of ANY employer depends upon the field talent.

It is not irreplaceable, or the franchises would die when their top players retire. The point isn't that at all. The point was what you originally posted to object to.

You're moving goal posts to and fro to avoid being held accountable for your original assertion.

The simpleton is the one who thinks one team gives a ratsass about who another team signs. Kaepernick's definition of collusion applies to every person not in the nfl. 32 teams don't want us. Must be collusion.

If Mike Freeman has this comment, or others like it, recorded somewhere, it's gonna be a little bit easier...because I doubt this verbiage is being used on Trent Richardson

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2651681-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-kaepernick-anger-intense-in-nfl-front-offices

"I don't want him anywhere near my team," one front office executive said. "He's a traitor."

There is a reason he filed the grievance and it is bigger than him just "winning".

If the courts prove that there was collusion against a player, the whole CBA can be voided. The ultimate goal for the Player's Union is to get out of the current CBA and move closer towards guaranteed contracts. They are using Colin as their pawn.

There is no irony here. I'm not crediting them with anything other than having accumulated the resources needed to do so. The rest is your imagination.

The success of ANY employer depends upon the field talent.

It is not irreplaceable, or the franchises would die when their top players retire. The point isn't that at all. The point was what you originally posted to object to.

You're moving goal posts to and fro to avoid being held accountable for your original assertion.

I still have no idea what I even said that you disagree with and also no longer even care.

I still have no idea what I even said that you disagree with and also no longer even care.

However you want to exit the conversation is fine with me.

Haven't read much of the thread, have to skip through the trolling of MDC.

The fact that his own union isn't involved tells us quite a bit.

Haven't read much of the thread, have to skip through the trolling of MDC.

The fact that his own union isn't involved tells us quite a bit.

Had to name drop me - rmff!

However you want to exit the conversation is fine with me.

MDC doesn't leave a thread until his strawman has grandchildren.

MDC doesn't leave a thread until his strawman has grandchildren.

Like saying NFL owners create jobs? :overhead:

Had to name drop me - rmff!

Strange response to a thread you are extremely prevalent in.

You may want to consider medication.

Like saying NFL owners create jobs? :overhead:

That's not a strawman.

And they do. The opportunity for the jobs goes beyond the players, btw.

hmm

where did I say the owners create jobs

and thats why you are a liberal, you truly think things should favor the worker, not the guy who puts up all the risk and creates jobs

I guarantee owners don't want the headache of Kaepernick, it doesnt need to be collusion for 29 teams to agree

I guess you don't read that as a blanket statement of business owners vs workers, I am not surprised though, you can twist anything to create your narrative

in most cases of the NFL, these business owners have taken risk after risk on business their entire life and saved to buy into an elite club. These owners however do provide thousands of jobs, and just because Bill Gates can be replaced at this point doesnt mean you can discredit the jobs that Microsoft creates

• Like 1

hmm

I guess you don't read that as a blanket statement of business owners vs workers, I am not surprised though, you can twist anything to create your narrative

in most cases of the NFL, these business owners have taken risk after risk on business their entire life and saved to buy into an elite club. These owners however do provide thousands of jobs, and just because Bill Gates can be replaced at this point doesnt mean you can discredit the jobs that Microsoft creates

MDC invents positions in his debate opponents. His record in his head is undefeated.

Page 1:

and thats why you are a liberal, you truly think things should favor the worker, not the guy who puts up all the risk and creates jobs

:dunno:

Page 1:

:dunno:

jeezus dude, you are becoming Shotard stupid. I quoted myself, of course I know which quote you referred to. The statement you truly think things should favor the worker, not the guy who puts up all the risk and creates jobs

is a blanket statement because the left thinks workers should get more than the BUSINESS owner in general. I wasn't talking about team owners in general, but yes team owners create jobs, but by your accounts, Facebook is an established company, Zuckerberg could be replaced and his job creation is irrelevant cause its a license to print money

jeezus dude, you are becoming Shotard stupid. I quoted myself, of course I know which quote you referred to. The statement you truly think things should favor the worker, not the guy who puts up all the risk and creates jobs

is a blanket statement because the left thinks workers should get more than the BUSINESS owner in general. I wasn't talking about team owners in general, but yes team owners create jobs, but by your accounts, Facebook is an established company, Zuckerberg could be replaced and his job creation is irrelevant cause its a license to print money

Well since this thread is about NFL owners and you were commenting on NFL owners I thought it was worth noting that they are primarily investors in the league rather than business owners and they don't "create" jobs any more than Roger Goodell makes the NFL money.

He clearly has no interest in actually playing football again.

I think this is the case. He would have had to know that this will make it less likely that he plays.

Exactly. He knows that the reason he's unemployed is because he's looked upon as a trouble-maker and a media whoor who would cause distractions to any football team. Then he takes it one step farther to become even more of a media whoor and a disruption. This ass hole wants to become the new Martin Luther King or something. He loves being considered a martyr for the cause. His focus has gone from football to black icon.

Keep growing the fro, Colin. And wearing the pig socks.

Well since this thread is about NFL owners and you were commenting on NFL owners I thought it was worth noting that they are primarily investors in the league rather than business owners and they don't "create" jobs any more than Roger Goodell makes the NFL money.

I dont understand how your failure to understand business is. If I go out and buy a business tomorrow and it has employees I am responsible for giving all of those employees jobs.

Just like Obama had 84 personal staff people and Trump has 27, he had to cut jobs, Obama created jobs in that department

and I don't think ANY owner thinks of himself as an "investor"

Im suing Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Blake Lively and Jessica Alba for collusion against me. :mad:

• Like 1

Im suing Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Blake Lively and Jessica Alba for collusion against me. :mad:

LOL I was going to say next time I go to a Super Model after party and don't get laid I'm suing for collusion

:lol:

Didn't read the whole thread but doesn't this solidify the fact that he will never ever suit up for an NFL team again ?

I mean you sue the owners. Where do you go from here ?

Didn't read the whole thread but doesn't this solidify the fact that he will never ever suit up for an NFL team again ?

I mean you sue the owners. Where do you go from here ?

Then you sue them again because they didnt hire you because you sued them.

According to a Pro Football Talk report, Kaepernick decided to charge the NFL with collusion after the Titans signed Weeden two weeks ago. Kaepernick filed a grievance against the league arguing that the NFL, at the behest of President Trump, had conspired to keep him out of the league after he became the face of the players’ national anthem protests.

According to a Pro Football Talk report, Kaepernick decided to charge the NFL with collusion after the Titans signed Weeden two weeks ago. Kaepernick filed a grievance against the league arguing that the NFL, at the behest of President Trump, had conspired to keep him out of the league after he became the face of the players national anthem protests.

Good I hope he wins.

never did

Good I hope he wins.

why, cause you hate America, you want more division created around false narratives? Your side seems good at those

you probably think Michael Bennett has a case against LVPD too

According to a Pro Football Talk report, Kaepernick decided to charge the NFL with collusion after the Titans signed Weeden two weeks ago. Kaepernick filed a grievance against the league arguing that the NFL, at the behest of President Trump, had conspired to keep him out of the league after he became the face of the players’ national anthem protests.

but wait. newbie said it's not collusion

Ed, give it up, newbie destroyed you

do you really want to be on the same legal side as Kaepernick? When he loses you are done

Kaep should have known to come here before wasting his time

dude Jerry Jones had done more for the NFL than damn near any owner....ever. Bought his team in modern times.