Sign in to follow this  
Torn

2018 Proposal - Please Vote

Keeper Limitations  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should we limit/eliminate keeper trade options?

• Keep things as they are
    • Modify keeper trade options to limit retention AND movement to 4 players max

This is NOT going to effect this year.

A question has arisen re: the ability to Keep 4 players AND trade any "extra" keepers to improve draft position.

The case for:

* This has been allowed in the league since inception of the keeper format

* "It takes two to tango" - if a deal suits two managers, what's the problem?

* It rewards good drafting and waiver wire management. If you draft/obtain more than 4 good keepers, why shouldn't you be able to (try to) benefit from it

The case against:

* If multiple replacements occur, the new managers don't have a full roster from the prior year to leverage (see WW and Tucker this year)

* This model effectively allows for more than 4 keepers to be utilized by a manager - if the limit is 4 keepers, it's 4... You shouldn't get the advantages of 4 personal keepers AND the value of increased draft position via a 5th or 6th player from your roster...

Please vote ....

I vote to allow players to be traded prior to locking in keepers. I don't see the counter point of new owners not having a full roster to leverage as being a big deal. Trading should probably lock after the season ends and then only open up around this time as teams look to finalize their keepers.

In terms of allowing new owners the same access to trade for another owners extra keepers rather than being locked into their drafted keepers, something I was going to suggest but decided not to, is that a draft like Tucker and myself had could go more than 4 rounds. It could go 10 and then we, as new owners, could have added time to explore trades before ultimately locking in our keepers from the players we drafted.

I literally just voted on my phone and accidentally voted for change the rule (big thumbs small screen).... I'm for just keeping the rule the way it was though. Not sure if I can change my vote?

I literally just voted on my phone and accidentally voted for change the rule (big thumbs small screen).... I'm for just keeping the rule the way it was though. Not sure if I can change my vote?

Okay NM I could change it

Yes, you can change your vote - should be a "delete my vote" button under the poll graph.

For rule changes, a majority is required. With 6 "keep as is" votes, a majority for change is not attainable. We will continue on with the current keeper rules.

Thanks for your votes and for the proposal! It's always good to re-look at things on occasion.