Sign in to follow this  
sderk

I'll take my lumps. Bears lost to the iggles.

All year I mentioned that this year was only about the Bears building up the new offense and making Trubisky a franchise QB. Based upon what Nagy was preaching. He said before the season, "it will take 2 years for the team to learn this offense". The only goal was to work on Trubisky. And it is working. Only 60% passing today but over 300 yards and TD and the Bears would have won with an average FG kicker.

I gotta admit, all year I bought in and thought of only wanting to see Trubisky get better, not caring about their record. But I ended up really wanting one win in the playoffs and that didn't happen. I'm bummed about it.

I realized I hadn't watched a sporting event with any emotional tie since the Cubs played in the World Series. And the Blackhawks winning the Cup 3 of 6 years. Crazy. It was a sucky outcome. Oh well, I still have a good job and have a wonderful GF and a good life. Go Bears 2019!!

I am officially now a Chargers fan for the playoffs.

Yeah that was a very tough loss. I'm still digesting it all, trying to figure out where exactly I would lay the blame. Obviously, Parkey should have made that kick, but the Bears O was a lame duck for almost 3 quarters. I thought Trubisky was ok, and we got lucky twice with passes that should have been picked off. But, in the 4th qtr, he put the Bears in position to win it, twice. You gotta like that. He did not fold up when the real pressure was on.

I kinda think the lackluster play of the 1st half I might lay the blame on play calling - Nagy. Remember last year on KC in the playoffs as well. It seems that he goes into clam shell mode in the playoffs when it comes to offensive play calling. It's hard to know for sure if the calls were bad, or Trubisky still struggled if the first read was covered. But If you look at Nagy history of play calling in playoffs, it might suggest he is the issue. He doesn't "Be You" in those big games.

Overall, though I did not expect the bears to be relevant by week 13 this season, so to win the division, and host a playoff game was an unexpected bonus. A young team and the arrow is pointing up. Tomorrow is never a guarantee though, and that's why losing this game the way it went down really hurts. And that completed pass, that wasn't? Terrible officiating right there. Terrible. That could have changed everything. Although had the initial call been correct catch and fumble, there was nothing but eagles back there and they likely would have recovered the fumble.

So now I must choose my surrogate team - I like watching the Chiefs, and the Chargers. And I must say, I am really impressed with the Colts. Rivers has been around a long time and likely nearing the end, so, I would like to see him get a Trophy. So, I'll pull for the Bolts to win it all!

• Like 1

Yeah that was a very tough loss. I'm still digesting it all, trying to figure out where exactly I would lay the blame. Obviously, Parkey should have made that kick, but the Bears O was a lame duck for almost 3 quarters. I thought Trubisky was ok, and we got lucky twice with passes that should have been picked off. But, in the 4th qtr, he put the Bears in position to win it, twice. You gotta like that. He did not fold up when the real pressure was on.

I kinda think the lackluster play of the 1st half I might lay the blame on play calling - Nagy. Remember last year on KC in the playoffs as well. It seems that he goes into clam shell mode in the playoffs when it comes to offensive play calling. It's hard to know for sure if the calls were bad, or Trubisky still struggled if the first read was covered. But If you look at Nagy history of play calling in playoffs, it might suggest he is the issue. He doesn't "Be You" in those big games.

Overall, though I did not expect the bears to be relevant by week 13 this season, so to win the division, and host a playoff game was an unexpected bonus. A young team and the arrow is pointing up. Tomorrow is never a guarantee though, and that's why losing this game the way it went down really hurts. And that completed pass, that wasn't? Terrible officiating right there. Terrible. That could have changed everything. Although had the initial call been correct catch and fumble, there was nothing but eagles back there and they likely would have recovered the fumble.

So now I must choose my surrogate team - I like watching the Chiefs, and the Chargers. And I must say, I am really impressed with the Colts. Rivers has been around a long time and likely nearing the end, so, I would like to see him get a Trophy. So, I'll pull for the Bolts to win it all!

Great post here. Only thing, just because no one recovered the ball except the ref, doesn't mean it was not a catch.

Bears D with only 1 sack in the game, couldn't close out against an inferior team, although Nick Foles is fast becoming an anomaly I don't remember seeing before. Bottom Line they were/are the best defense in 2018-19, but not a great defense, at least not yet

Bears D with only 1 sack in the game, couldn't close out against an inferior team, although Nick Foles is fast becoming an anomaly I don't remember seeing before. Bottom Line they were/are the best defense in 2018-19, but not a great defense, at least not yet

I think the defense did their job. Philly did well to double team Mack on every play. And to only give up 16 points is not bad in current day NFL. I think the problem for the Bears was the coaching and the running game. Not good by the Bears at all. Impacts their passing game. Oh well. :dunno:

That is a tough ending to what was a really good season.

My heart goes out to Bears fans.

I would have rather seeen a team I was rooting for get blown out.

Losing it on a missed fg is a tough one.

But hey on the bright side, they will be back, they have a good solid foundation.

Good luck Bears fans in 2019, Go Bears.

• Like 1

Tough loss. Trubisky showed some signs he may reach Eli status just yet.

I thought the kicker was a good one, seems he was pretty average this year just checking the stats.

Inferior team LOL.... Defending champs dude. This team continues to defy the odds with 4th and 5th string off the street built up secondary.

Agreed, which is why they are inferior. I can only imagine what Michael Thomas will do to Maddux

Trubisky is still learning. The guy came out of college with less experience than anyone. Yesterday, his QB rating by quarter started out at 50 in the first quarter, to 76 in the second, to 96 in the third, and 130 something in the fourth quarter. He had no playoff experience and he gets too hyped early in the game. Once he gets that under control, he will be top 5 in the league.

People whining about him don't really have any clue about that offense and what it takes to run it. The coach came out and stated it would take two years for the players to master it.

Nagy turtles up. Just like Andy.

I agree. This was actually brought up prior to the game as a possible problem.

As a Bear's fan I still like the dude though.

Still not ready to talk about the game, tomorrow isn't looking good either.

:(

Agreed, which is why they are inferior. I can only imagine what Michael Thomas will do to Maddux

Na overall the bears obv have the better def but their offense isnt even close to the Birds, even with all of the injuries Philly is the better team

Well the double doink of Cody Parkey agrees with you. I do kind of like the Cody Parkey challenge that has evolved in Philly...

Well the double doink of Cody Parkey agrees with you. I do kind of like the Cody Parkey challenge that has evolved in Philly...

The BLOCK heard around the world