Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

What do you buy that's used?

Clubs for sure get them used. Guys who quit the game, upgrading sets, there are always people throwing out perfectly good club sets.

My buddy makes a killin selling these online.

I actually love thrift shopping. Again. I work in Ann Arbor which has emu and the u close and the area is well to do. So it's usually good stuff. Plus I can outfit the boy for under 20 bucks in name brand clothes.

I just don't want to spend money on clothes like I used to.

I probably would buy things at goodwill, but things in my size are rarely there. I need tall shirts and such.

Ive never bought a new car. Probably never will.

Ive had good and bad experiences with used electronics. Probably wont ever do that again. Its not worth it. They are cheap enough as it is.

Shopping for used books and cds used to be my hobby. I combed through all the used places weekly. Now I just pirate stuff. Would still do books (turns out the Pirate Bay crowd aint the most literate bunch.)

I probably would buy things at goodwill, but things in my size are rarely there. I need tall shirts and such.

you should check out the fair grounds after the carnival leaves, freakshow.

:banana:

There are some Etsy sellers who make their living scouting out vintage clothes. The best dress I ever bought was off Etsy, purchased at an estate sale in Texas. Beautiful handmade piece, not sure the decade. It's been a while since I've had the time to discriminately thrift, but I remember shoes were the absolute no-go...until I stumbled across black velvet pumps with embroidered mistletoe on them. Obviously a once a year piece but worth it for the under $5.

Furniture, for fixing up.

There are some Etsy sellers who make their living scouting out vintage clothes. The best dress I ever bought was off Etsy, purchased at an estate sale in Texas. Beautiful handmade piece, not sure the decade. It's been a while since I've had the time to discriminately thrift, but I remember shoes were the absolute no-go...until I stumbled across black velvet pumps with embroidered mistletoe on them. Obviously a once a year piece but worth it for the under $5.

Furniture, for fixing up.

My sister does the furniature thing. She goes and buys what appear to be sh!tty old beat up pieces at yard sales and estate sales and whatnot. Then refinishes them and sells them.

I wouldnt have thought such a thing would work, but I must say, she does a damn good job and makes a significant side income doing it.

My sister does the furniature thing. She goes and buys what appear to be sh!tty old beat up pieces at yard sales and estate sales and whatnot. Then refinishes them and sells them.

I wouldnt have thought such a thing would work, but I must say, she does a damn good job and makes a significant side income doing it.

My mom does that. She's a principal but since my dad is retired he runs the shop where they have the furniture. Her and her other teacher friend run it. They've been doing really well with it. Buy stuff from auctions and resell it. Hell I've seen them buy a whole row of stuff for $5, turn around, and sell one piece for $200 and still have other stuff left over to sell.

Ladies underwear

Just borrow some from Sasquatch. Should fit.

I'm interested in this. Tell me more. Seriously. I'm surrounded by golf courses here. You might not think it but Michigan has a ton.

I'm interested in this. Tell me more. Seriously. I'm surrounded by golf courses here. You might not think it but Michigan has a ton.

Pretty much anything you'd find in a sporting goods store. Divorce and kids moving,growing up provides a constant supply.

Same thing with tools. New tools are crap these days. I'll take a thirty year old true Craftsman anything over virtually any new equivalent.

Same thing with tools. New tools are crap these days. I'll take a thirty year old true Craftsman anything over virtually any new equivalent.

Oh yeah! Craigslist is where I found most of my woodworking tools. I paid $50 for a 1979 Craftsman (Emerson) table saw. I dialed it in and put a $300 fence on it and I can circumcize a gnat with it. I also paid $50 for a Craftsman Radial Arm Saw, $200 each for an old Rockwell jointer and drill press. Its so sad they dont make em like they used to :(. Even Snap On, etc is not what it used to be. Gone are the days if passing tools down to your kids.

Oh yeah! Craigslist is where I found most of my woodworking tools. I paid $50 for a 1979 Craftsman (Emerson) table saw. I dialed it in and put a $300 fence on it and I can circumcize a gnat with it. I also paid $50 for a Craftsman Radial Arm Saw, $200 each for an old Rockwell jointer and drill press. Its so sad they dont make em like they used to :(. Even Snap On, etc is not what it used to be. Gone are the days if passing tools down to your kids.

Hmm. If that is a widespread sentiment among tool aficionados (Ive heard it many times, I assume it is) seems like theres an opportunity there. Old people die every day with lots of tools. Hell, pawn shops are full of old tools.

I bet a refurbished old tool store would do well.

Hmm. If that is a widespread sentiment among tool aficionados (Ive heard it many times, I assume it is) seems like theres an opportunity there. Old people die every day with lots of tools. Hell, pawn shops are full of old tools.

I bet a refurbished old tool store would do well.

The problem, for me any way, of reselling old tools is that your potential market will just do the same thing youre doing on their own. I personnally havent had much success making $ doing it, Ive just outfitted my shop with nice deals.

Just borrow some from Sasquatch. Should fit.

I thought you didn't get personal / go after wives and kids?

Another RP lie. :(

I thought you didn't get personal / go after wives and kids?

Another RP lie. :(

Oh, now you don't like it. Must. be true.

I bought a used book just last night.

Used books from Amazon or your local used book store is a great option to buying new.

• Like 1

Oh, now you don't like it. Must. be true.

I love it when you expose yourself as a hypocritical liar. :lol:

Literally a ton ?

I bought a used book just last night.

Used books from Amazon or your local used book store is a great option to buying new.

That's a good one. Sadly most of the secondhand bookstores in Philly are gone. And Fock Amazon: Great service but they are a horrible employer.

Ive never bought a new car. Probably never will.

Ive had good and bad experiences with used electronics. Probably wont ever do that again. Its not worth it. They are cheap enough as it is.

Shopping for used books and cds used to be my hobby. I combed through all the used places weekly. Now I just pirate stuff. Would still do books (turns out the Pirate Bay crowd aint the most literate bunch.)

Search for a reddit on getting books from irc.. the old internet relay chat.. its totally awesome and way better than pirate bay..

Goodwill is a great place to find cheap clothes that are cool are even new.

You don't have to be poor to shop there.

Books, cars, golf clubs, kids clothes (some good consignment sales around here...though, now that the kids are older its tougher to find stuff). Kids bicycles...

Panties, condoms and gum

Agree with tools, golf clubs, books, fishing gear. Not keen on the thought of used clothes.

Recently bought a used copier/printer for the office. Lease return with less than 1000 copies run and a full manufacturers' warranty. $1500 machine for $395. Don't see how I can really go wrong.

Bought all my ATVs used. Bought a few used guns over the years too.

Workout equipment. It gets donated to Goodwill a lot but they don't like to store it (big/heavy) so it's a crazy deal. Bought a 1 year old treadmill with all the bells/whistles for $8.

hookers