Sign in to follow this  
VermilionTiger

What are your thoughts on Vernon Davis this year?

Looking to make a trade offer to acquire Manning, but Vernon Davis will have to be in it as well.

It'll be Tom Brady and Jimmy Graham for Peyton manning and Vernon Davis.

Basically you both have QB's nearing the end of their career, and then the best TE in the NFL vs the #4 or #5 TE

Not sure I would do that trade. What is scoring system? Passing TD's are how much?

Davis will not duplicate nor beat the production he had last season IMO.

Basically you both have QB's nearing the end of their career, and then the best TE in the NFL vs the #4 or #5 TE

Not sure I would do that trade. What is scoring system? Passing TD's are how much?

Davis will not duplicate nor beat the production he had last season IMO.

PPR and its 6 points per TD for QBs

Looking to make a trade offer to acquire Manning, but Vernon Davis will have to be in it as well.

It'll be Tom Brady and Jimmy Graham for Peyton manning and Vernon Davis.

. Nope I would not do it . Hard to see V Davis catching 13 tds again . They have Crabtree back and or course Boldin and picked up S Johnson no I would not . And I think Brady has a better season then last .

Is this a dynasty or redraft?

Wouldn't trade Graham in dynasty.

This...

I think Peyton falls back down to his normal year and Brady bounces back to a more normal year for him. Davis is on the downside while Jimmy is catching his stride.

Surely, it's not dynasty... I don't think anyone would do that in dynasty.

Personally, I think Davis has a better year than last year. That SF defense is not what it used to be and with Crabtree, Stevie Johnson and Boldin, defenses will have a lot of people to cover, leaving more room for Vernon.

Statistically, Davis has always done worse with Crabtree healthy, but there is no questioning Vernon's talent. The fact is he has been totally misused in SF and if he was on the Saints, Broncos or Patriots he would be the best TE in the game.

PPR and its 6 points per TD for QBs

Like some of my intelligent peers said, If its a dynasty HELL NO. The gap between Brady and Manning wont be as much as you think and Davis before last year was a marginal TE at best. If anything he has been a disappointment till last season when he stepped up with Crabtree out. I wouldnt risk the best TE in the league for a maybe, or I hope so...Keep what you got man, your in a lot better shape than you realize. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Davis became the only tight end in NFL history to have two 13-touchdown seasons.

No big deal, clearly on the downside.

:doh:

Davis has a bigger year this year with more catches and yards. That SF offense is going to be nasty.

He's definitely not on his downside. Davis is only 30 years old, (Graham will be 28 in a few months) and with the freak that he is athletically, he could easily play at a high level for another 5 years.

His problem is his use and the SF offensive philosophy. I think you will see that change with a "not so dominant defense" and better offensive weapons in the passing game, as well as a declining running game. With that said, I am confident Davis will finish top 5 this year.

He's definitely not on his downside. Davis is only 30 years old, (Graham will be 28 in a few months) and with the freak that he is athletically, he could easily play at a high level for another 5 years.

His problem is his use and the SF offensive philosophy. I think you will see that change with a "not so dominant defense" and better offensive weapons in the passing game, as well as a declining running game. With that said, I am confident Davis will finish top 5 this year.

Top 5 is not equal to Graham at #1...not even close

Davis may have better YPC, but his targets and TDs will be down somewhat IMO. I don't think he slips all that much, but he's gonna slip. Brady's one Gronk "Man of Glass" injury from having no decent targets in the red zone again. Dobson MAY be a decent target down there, if he can ever get on the field. Manning's gonna take a step back IMO, because Samuels isn't all that good, and Welker's one hit from retiring ala Syd Rice. Tough call, but overall, I'd probably rather have Manning and Davis.

I don't think Manning is taking a step back this year at all and a bigger upgrade over Brady then people think.

That being said, I think Brady does improve from last year and it's not worth giving up Graham for.
I wouldn't trade Graham period.

I don't think Manning is taking a step back this year at all and a bigger upgrade over Brady then people think.

That being said, I think Brady does improve from last year and it's not worth giving up Graham for.

I wouldn't trade Graham period.

Not taking a step back from the best year ever for a qb in history? Its pretty much fact that he will wonty match that so yea he will step down. But he is still a threat for 40tds wich would be mind bogglingly huge. Go lookup how many qbs have put up 40tds back to back. Brady bouncing back big this year but a typical brady year is only 30 or so tds and 4500yds so hes not that crazy even at his best.

Not taking a step back from the best year ever for a qb in history? Its pretty much fact that he will wonty match that so yea he will step down. But he is still a threat for 40tds wich would be mind bogglingly huge. Go lookup how many qbs have put up 40tds back to back. Brady bouncing back big this year but a typical brady year is only 30 or so tds and 4500yds so hes not that crazy even at his best.

Sorry - I guess what I mean is IMO he will still be leading the QB's and I think end up the #1 QB again. (with 40 or so TD's)

An amazing stat like you said, and what I meant by "not taking much of a step back."

(Sure, there's good reason to assume a drop - But, that doesn't mean you maintain everybody else's stats from last year either)

I think the next best QB will fall too, and only hit the 30+ TD area. All relative in the QB ratio - Meaning Manning maintains top status.

History does not mean much to me. The NFL has changed to crazy numbers. And losing Decker is not a big enough factor with improvement on the Def side, and the wides they replaced him with.

What we (Hawks) did in the SB is not the norm! We are something special on Def right now and teams are not going to copy cat that. We are in a league of our own on Def. like Denver is on offense.

As far as Brady - I think he is max 26-30 now. They are going more with Def & running game. But, with a bump in numbers he could close the gap some. And trading Graham is not a good idea like I said.