Sign in to follow this  
Apparition

Julio? WTH!

thats fantasy football for ya. 95 percent pure luck imo nowadays compared to 10 years ago

compared to 10 years ago when it was 93% luck?

• Like 1

At least Atlanta won. The Saints went down without using Cooks. I don't get it. Why they don't just get Cooks the ball in a variety of ways besides just spring training deep is a massive underutilization.

The Saints have about enough power to scheme and take away one player. They did it to Jones. They did it to a lesser extent to OBJ last week. The Saints have so many weak links that teams can simply take everything else that is low hanging fruit.

Super offense powered game that blows past the over, Cooks and Julio combine for pennies. I started MThomas and won in miracle fashion. FF is Phun!

Congrats on your win

So to take the opposing teams top player out of the game, they essentially gave the game away by letting the opposing RBs on the other side to do whatever they want. 300 yards and 4 TD. Just dumb.

He's a lower body gimp. Every year it's a lower body. DND.

Despite his frailties, he managed to finish as the WR8 in 2014 and the WR2 in 2015. He'd never make it past the first round of a draft.

Had him last year. Don't care how gimpy he was throughout the season, he finished 2nd best and lead my team to a championship $$$$.

I'll always welcome a gimpy Julio Jones to my team, 99% would do the same. Don't be that 1% people.

id be concerned if i owned julio this year(i drafted him 5th overall last year and rode him to a title in a high stakes league)....kyle shannahan had come out last week and said they werent going to force him targets.....matt ryan appears to be playing pretty well right now....i think thats the tough thing with some of these good, veteran, quarterbacks....when u look at guys like palmer, ryan and brees.....they can go through progressions and reads and get the open look.....thats going to make some things inconsistent for their receivers....well maybe not brees...their defense is so bad hell be tossing that thing up so much that every guy should get some lol.....but u see my point......i drafted evans over a guy like cooks in the 2nd round twice this year....was a no brainer....jameis is locked in on evans....guys like palmer, brees and ryan can move it around and its going to make things tough weekly

Julio is an every other year type. I had this listed as his 'off' year. He has 10 catches in 3 games so far. And he's not healthy. And Matthew Ice doesn't appear to be interested in going down with the ship of forcing him the ball. We'll see.

So to take the opposing teams top player out of the game, they essentially gave the game away by letting the opposing RBs on the other side to do whatever they want. 300 yards and 4 TD. Just dumb.

At least it helped me win

Julio is about as big a buy low as it gets at wr right now. Its a long season and they will need him. Matty Thrice may be 3-0 but they will come down to earth eventually.

Folks will see us coming a mile away with a buy low, right? And what is 'low' for a first rounder in an average league? High end wr2 and a rb2?

Folks will see us coming a mile away with a buy low, right? And what is 'low' for a first rounder in an average league? High end wr2 and a rb2?

Yes low is relative, no one will give him away for peanuts. In fact no one will prob give him away period. Buy low, sell high is just one of things people like to say on forums to sound smart. In real life owners know it was just a bad game and you wont get him for anything lless than a top 5 player.

As an example, last week the Julio owner traded him and Dixon for Edelman, Freeman and Vereen.

Had him last year. Don't care how gimpy he was throughout the season, he finished 2nd best and lead my team to a championship $$$$.

I'll always welcome a gimpy Julio Jones to my team, 99% would do the same. Don't be that 1% people.

Doesn't matter. Eventually a gimp will gimp it up. He's got the weakest ankles on the planet. Same thing went down with Calvin. Constant leg injuries and it took a toll.

Julio is an every other year type. I had this listed as his 'off' year. He has 10 catches in 3 games so far. And he's not healthy. And Matthew Ice doesn't appear to be interested in going down with the ship of forcing him the ball. We'll see.

Every other year type player?

2014 104 catches 1,600 yards 7TD

2015 136 catches 1,873 yards 9TD

I don't really consider that an every other year type player. If it, sign me up every year. Not to mention 2013 he was on his way to doing the same thing until his injury. 2012 he put up another 1,200 yards 10TDs.

For all this "gimpy player" concern he's played in 34 of his last 35 games.... :wave:

He had a stretch of three games last year where he went:

4/38

5/67

6/93

And no touchdowns. Stop the worrying. Dude is a beast.

Every year type player?

2014 104 catches 1,600 yards 7TD

2015 136 catches 1,873 yards 9TD

I don't really consider that an every other year type player. If it, sign me up every year. Not to mention 2013 he was on his way to doing the same thing until his injury. 2012 he put up another 1,200 yards 10TDs.

For all this "gimpy player" concern he's played in 34 of his last 35 games.... :wave:

He had a stretch of three games last year where he went:

4/38

5/67

6/93

And no touchdowns. Stop the worrying. Dude is a beast.

Sure he is

Yes low is relative, no one will give him away for peanuts.

OTOH, I would give Michael Floyd away for peanuts. Literally. Honey Roasted only, and a big bag. But I'd do it.

Just offered Dez and Cobb for Julio trying to buy low and ditch Dez.

I'd never take that trade if I was the Julio owner. An injured Dez and a guy who hasn't put up good stats since 2014?

I'd never take that trade if I was the Julio owner. An injured Dez and a guy who hasn't put up good stats since 2014?

Figured I'd start with that. Going to try a few different guys and see if anything sticks. But I'm with you I don't expect this deal to get accepted.

Figured I'd start with that. Going to try a few different guys and see if anything sticks. But I'm with you I don't expect this deal to get accepted.

You just want to be careful to not be seen as throwing out absurd offers. Then no one will want to listen to you :) If you think you can sell Cobb as a guy who will return to form, then maybe. But giving up one great WR for one hurt and one WR3, without even knowing the guy's lineup, doesn't seem like it will help him at all. If it was a hurt or mediocre RB, and the Julio owner was desperate at RB, then maybe. But he's clearly not desperate at WR--he has Julio :)

People think it can't hurt to offer bad trade offers, but it can. If someone sends me absolute junk, I might not deal with them later even if they send a decent deal.

Just my opinion. Good luck :)

You just want to be careful to not be seen as throwing out absurd offers. Then no one will want to listen to you :) If you think you can sell Cobb as a guy who will return to form, then maybe. But giving up one great WR for one hurt and one WR3, without even knowing the guy's lineup, doesn't seem like it will help him at all. If it was a hurt or mediocre RB, and the Julio owner was desperate at RB, then maybe. But he's clearly not desperate at WR--he has Julio :)

People think it can't hurt to offer bad trade offers, but it can. If someone sends me absolute junk, I might not deal with them later even if they send a decent deal.

Just my opinion. Good luck :)

All valid points! Guy is in last place at 0-3. The guy I initially targeted with that deal was Edelman but I thought I'd try this first :dunno:

All valid points! Guy is in last place at 0-3. The guy I initially targeted with that deal was Edelman but I thought I'd try this first :dunno:

Ah, yep. The last place thing can be a motivator for someone to make otherwise bad trades. In that case, I might be offering too :) I've been trying to move Floyd, and the first guy I targeted was the last place guy in the league. All I wanted was Jeremy Hill, which I still don't think was a bad deal, considering I had WRs and he didn't, and he had RBs and I didn't. Guy ended up not going through with the trade...he still lost last week :) Although I did too, he scored more than me, and he moved up out of the cellar one place.

Anyway, good luck.

Just offered Dez and Cobb for Julio trying to buy low and ditch Dez. If that fails i'll move on the D Thomas or Edelman but Julio is a guy I'd like to have.

IF that fails?

Kent - never underestimate some of the stunods that play FF. Stunods and homers.

Maybe if Dez was healthy.

0-3 can be a death sentence and people start to panic. Can't blame us for trying!

This is why I hate trades.

Maybe not this particular trade (cause Dez is a huge unknown)

It's like a Vulcher soaring over the weak and wounded, looking to attack. Desperate teams will make scary trades, basically Fire Sales because they have "nothing to lose", or "it can't get any worse". Or they are weak minded newbies that don't realize that most average projections will pan out, and they don't have the patience.

At the same time, as commissioner, I can't and never have vetoed a trade as both owners paid the same amount and they have control of their teams.

So it all comes back to the Vulcher.

I don't really consider Julio's production from last week an indicator of things going forward. He looked a little off, but Saints D could not stop the run to save their lives, and Matt Ryan couldn't hit anything beyond 5 yards.

HOWEVER, I do have other concerns for this week and ROS:

1. Falcons did not have a reliable receiving corps outside of Julio last year. This year Ryan looks completely comfortable throwing to Sanu, Tamme, and other options should opposing teams focus on Julio.

2. Freeman/Coleman combo is a beast, and it looks like it might be the focal point of the offense all season instead of Julio...both rushing with them and pass-catching.

3. Going back to #1, Julio if anything has always been a target monster, even if he doesn't score a lot. He is averaging less than 7 targets a game right now. Maybe that's because he's had a nagging injury, but still...

4. As far as this week goes, Carolina matchup is extremely tough. I know their D probably isn't as good as last year and they haven't faced an above average QB yet, but they can still put a lot of pressure on the QB. Julio's success against them last year is the one silver lining to everything else I've mentioned.

This is gonna sound crazy, but I just got Terrelle Pryor off waivers and I'm seriously tempted to put him in over Julio. I honestly have no idea which Julio is going to show for this game, but I at least know I'm going to get a Swiss Army Knife type of production from Pryor. Not saying I'll pull the trigger on that decision, but Julio's inconsistency/injury and Pryor's upside can't go unnoticed.

I don't really consider Julio's production from last week an indicator of things going forward. He looked a little off, but Saints D could not stop the run to save their lives, and Matt Ryan couldn't hit anything beyond 5 yards.

HOWEVER, I do have other concerns for this week and ROS:

1. Falcons did not have a reliable receiving corps outside of Julio last year. This year Ryan looks completely comfortable throwing to Sanu, Tamme, and other options should opposing teams focus on Julio.

2. Freeman/Coleman combo is a beast, and it looks like it might be the focal point of the offense all season instead of Julio...both rushing with them and pass-catching.

3. Going back to #1, Julio if anything has always been a target monster, even if he doesn't score a lot. He is averaging less than 7 targets a game right now. Maybe that's because he's had a nagging injury, but still...

4. As far as this week goes, Carolina matchup is extremely tough. I know their D probably isn't as good as last year and they haven't faced an above average QB yet, but they can still put a lot of pressure on the QB. Julio's success against them last year is the one silver lining to everything else I've mentioned.

This is gonna sound crazy, but I just got Terrelle Pryor off waivers and I'm seriously tempted to put him in over Julio. I honestly have no idea which Julio is going to show for this game, but I at least know I'm going to get a Swiss Army Knife type of production from Pryor. Not saying I'll pull the trigger on that decision, but Julio's inconsistency/injury and Pryor's upside can't go unnoticed.

Please play Pryor. Those are the decisions that help Julio go off on your bench for the rest of us.

Please play Pryor. Those are the decisions that help Julio go off on your bench for the rest of us.

Did AJ Green go off for anyone when I benched him for Marvin Jones last week?