Sign in to follow this  
PunkRockRedneck

UPDATE: Jamaal Charles Expected to Play

Some sites are saying he's playing, others not so sure. I've been trying to decide between going with Ware or Forte in my flex. I think Ware might have a better match up if Charles sits again. But without knowing how much use Charles will get (if any) it just makes it tougher to decide. Anyone know whats up with him this week?

In my opinion, it would be stupid to play him when you have a bye in week 5.

• Like 1

He was a wasted pick, thats whats up with him. Same as Rawls.

And I have both...as my #1 and #2. I completely flaked on their injuries during the draft.

The practice report for KC normally comes out this afternoon and Reid answers some questions. I fully expect to hear that he got some reps with the first team, getting a little better, might get in this week and the followed be an inactive. The same as the last two weeks.

In my opinion, it would be stupid to play him when you have a bye in week 5.

I gotta agree.

if you sit him, then he gets 2 more weeks of rest and when he comes back for week 6, he's a full go.

Even with a green light he prolly gets eased back into the line up anyway which translates to little fantasy value. Fortunately, I have D. Murray in a full PPR and he has been more than satisfactory (he is The Titans offense).

I would say he's a game time decision at best but the Chiefs are doing the same thing they have done the past couple of weeks. They are being secretive each week and eventually ruling him out.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is ruled out later in the week.

He was once again limited in practice .

I think he will sit again and then return after the teams bye week.

• Like 1

Oh yea he has been a bust

Championships are won in the latter weeks. If he comes back, gets stronger and is peaking at the end of the season it may pay off for some owners

Yea that's a very good point.

I'm just not to sure he will be healthy enough to be the player he once was.

JJ Watt thought he was fine and ready to come back. They rushed him back. The doctors said 8-12 weeks. At 8 weeks to the day he was going full on. Now, he's done for the year.

Maybe, just maybe the Chiefs are being a little on the cautious side. They don't absolutely need him. When it matters most, late season and playoff run, they absolutely want him out there. He's a difference maker. Ware is not.

No RB has been successful after suffering 2 major ACL tears. Charles is done. RB2 at best not the elite Charles. I watched an interview of him in the preseason and thought he looked defeated.

No RB has been successful after suffering 2 major ACL tears. Charles is done. RB2 at best not the elite Charles. I watched an interview of him in the preseason and thought he looked defeated.

This. He is recovering pretty damn slow. Hopefully Reid doesn't force him back into the offense too hard when he is finally able to play.

This. He is recovering pretty damn slow. Hopefully Reid doesn't force him back into the offense too hard when he is finally able to play.

Don't worry Joey, Coach Reid is a very good judge knowing when to call his man to action and when to tell him to hold a clipboard. Week 6 will be his time, I feel pretty confident in saying this.

Don't worry Joey, Coach Reid is a very good judge knowing when to call his man to action and when to tell him to hold a clipboard. Week 6 will be his time, I feel pretty confident in saying this.

This is the same Andy Reid who let McNabb play a football game on a broken foot.

Per Adam Schefter, Charles is expected to play this week.

With Charcandrick West (ankle) out, Charles will get his first action of the season on Sunday night against the Steelers. There's no definitive word on Charles role, but its likely he will be limited and be in a backup role to Spencer Ware. Ware's value dips to RB2 level while the uncertainty makes Charles a FLEX dart throw.

So it'll be one of those, "ERMAGEHRD, Charles suited out and is expected to play!!!"

to....

"Wow, this MF is just standing on the side lines, he ain't gon' play.."

Steelers are having to make a few adjustments in case Charles plays...smart move by Reid and the Chiefs.

I know nothing about it, but I wouldn't doubt if he gets a series or two to get his feet wet... then they build his role to a 50-50 split with Ware or 60-40 best case scenario... seems like as an owner of both, you will hope one gets hurt

Great. I will be lucky to get 10 points combined from my two RBs this week- CMike and ware.

Great. I will be lucky to get 10 points combined from my two RBs this week- CMike and ware.

Charles this week will be = to what C. West would have been if he played or less.

I think this is what they did with Gronk last week. Say he's playing so opponent has to account and game plan in practice. Then he will probably get 15 snaps with most being a pass just to warm him up to game speed and pass protection. I can't imagine with a bye coming up next week he would risk a re aggravation of whatever is ailing him in that knee

I think this is what they did with Gronk last week. Say he's playing so opponent has to account and game plan in practice. Then he will probably get 15 snaps with most being a pass just to warm him up to game speed and pass protection. I can't imagine with a bye coming up next week he would risk a re aggravation of whatever is ailing him in that knee

At this point the knee is probably completely healed, so I doubt there is a big issue with reaggravating it. The concern I have is, is there a possibility of another injury because of compensating for the knee. That's probably what happened to Cruz