Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

I've come to the conclusion Trump acts like a child.

I've given up. President Trump does not act Presidential.

That said, I don't want a polished empty suit for my President either. If Trump acted more Presidential I think he would garner a lot more respect for the direction the Country is heading. I know there will always be ideas that are unpopular to some, but as a whole I genuinely think if Trump was polished he would be getting more of his plans passed and we would be better in the long run.

• Like 2

Progress. I like it You're a rarity. Most on the right have no problem with his behavior.

Progress. I like it You're a rarity. Most on the right have no problem with his behavior.

I've felt this way for awhile. I just think he can get things done. In an unusual way, sure, but if he had tact he would be much more successful.

Plans such as...

Has he even actually submitted a bill yet?

I'll let the debaters debate that. I like what I hear, ya know the typical stuff. Boarders, USA first, tax reform, the typical mantra that got him elected.

I love his charisma! Keep it up Mr. President!

I'll let the debaters debate that. I like what I hear, ya know the typical stuff. Boarders, USA first, the typical mantra that got him elected.

Unless trump has a pro surfing platform, I think you mean borders.

Basically, it seems like we pretty much don't have a president. Ryan and co. Are busy lining their pockets while trump golfs and tweets.

4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

I love his charisma! Keep it up Mr. President!

Trump reminds me of cartoon I saw as a kid, a frog 3/4 the way down a birds mouth, with its hands wrapped around the birds throat. The caption, Never Give Up.

I don't like how he acts either but I like what he's trying to accomplish.

I used to think he was crazy but I don't think it's an accident. He stays in the news every day....he sends liberals into convulsions which in turn makes us like him more.

It's a rare election where I'm looking forward to voting him back in already. Part because I believe in the few tenants he's trying to get done....but also just to piss liberals off.

America.....Fock yeah.

Unless trump has a pro surfing platform, I think you mean borders.

Basically, it seems like we pretty much don't have a president. Ryan and co. Are busy lining their pockets while trump golfs and tweets.

I'm a terrible speller.

I used to think he was crazy but I don't think it's an accident. He stays in the news every day....he sends liberals into convulsions which in turn makes us like him more.

It's a rare election where I'm looking forward to voting him back in already. Part because I believe in the few tenants he's trying to get done....but also just to piss liberals off.

America.....Fock yeah.

Tenets. Tenants are the people who pay him rent.

America.....Fock yeah.

See I think he is doing it on purpose too.

This is your quote-

"I used to think he was crazy but I don't think it's an accident. He stays in the news every day....he sends liberals into convulsions which in turn makes us like him more."

I think the "us like him more" is starting to go the other way. I'm starting to think it is STRONGLY effecting him negatively.

Having a good day. :)

Sorry. I can't stop. It drives me crazy.

Ignore it. I don't mean anything by it. I correct spelling and grammar by habit now. Occupational hazard.

• Like 1

Trump reminds me of cartoon I saw as a kid, a frog 3/4 the way down a birds mouth, with its hands wrapped around the birds throat. The caption, Never Give Up.

Listen. He's no different than anyone else. He just doesn't give a shite about tweeting his gut feelings. I love how the bored lefties are so taken aback by his tweets. You ever see some of newbies posts? Makes Trump look like an amateur. Fake outrage.

See I think he is doing it on purpose too.

This is your quote-

"I used to think he was crazy but I don't think it's an accident. He stays in the news every day....he sends liberals into convulsions which in turn makes us like him more."

I think the "us like him more" is starting to go the other way. I'm starting to think it is STRONGLY effecting him negatively.

I really don't think it's an act.

I know people like that. You meet a lot in the legal profession.

Quite simply, he's egocentric. By which I mean he cannot even conceive of something that isn't about him. Ever.

Quite simply, he's egocentric. By which I mean he cannot even conceive of something that isn't about him. Ever.

You mean like the Clintons and everyone else in politics? Gotcha

Sure. To greater or lesser extents.

Trump, unlike the clintons, was born and bred to privilege. Perhaps that's why he's so bad at hiding it. I really don't know.

I'm in the financial world and have met some of those types. It seems the more of a dlck people are the more people want to be part of their "team". I've also notice the most successful people DO fight fire with fire.

By all means it's a fee thread to post in. That said, EVERYONE knows there is hypocrisy at all levels. We all do it but it doesn't make things right. Agree?

By all means it's a fee thread to post in. That said, EVERYONE knows there is hypocrisy at all levels. We all do it but it doesn't make things right. Agree?

This isn't about right or wrong. I prefer the guy in the open vs the people doing it behind closed doors and claiming outrage.

He's been that way the whole time, since the primaries. What did anyone expect. :dunno:

But....he does make the liberals squirm so its not all bad. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

That said, I don't want a polished empty suit for my President either. If Trump acted more Presidential I think he would garner a lot more respect for the direction the Country is heading. I know there will always be ideas that are unpopular to some, but as a whole I genuinely think if Trump was polished he would be getting more of his plans passed and we would be better in the long run.

Agreed, I have no problem with it.

Agreed. Every day Trump makes an ass out of himself, disgraces the office of the president and embarrasses America.

Agreed. Every day Trump makes an ass out of himself, disgraces the office of the president and embarrasses America.

Bahahahahahahahaha........

Bahahahahahahahaha........

It's not that I don't like Trump's politics or don't like him personally. You could say that about many politicians. It's that he doesn't conduct himself with an adult level of dignity and acts like a spoiled little girl. I think it's a sign we're a nation of idiots. :thumbsup:

I remember thinking the same thing with Obama. Dude was doing commercials and filling out brackets and doing whatever else to get his pretentious mug in front of the camera. Are you a celebrity or leader of the free world?

Trump has already went that route so no need to do any of it in office. But he isn't very Presidential. Extremely thin skinned and immature. If he could enact legislation that benefitted the American people, I'd actually be a bit more forgiving of his "act". But I don't think his "act" is as choreographed as others. It's inhibiting him to lead. Not a single piece of meaningful legislation has been passed yet. Healthcare should have been teed up and hit out of the park. Infrastructure would have been a slam dunk. These are things that would have affected many a "forgotten American". Instead he just seems focused on helping those like him.

His "act" further divides us as well. We used to talk about policy on this bored. Now it's all about fake news and MAGA and what the idiot in Chief tweeted. It's just like when he announced his candidacy and called Mexican immigrants murderers and rapists. Some thought that Trump was bringing the issue of immigration to the forefront of American consciousness. He didn't. It was about calling Mexicans rapists. And that's how it is today. People focus on what he says....as they should. Hell, if my 6 year olds can't communicate a coherent thought, I tell them to try and use better words to do so. I don't tell everyone else....give the kid a break, you know what he's trying to say. Yet that's the slack we give the POTUS. Pretty sad.

I've said it all along...the damage done in this Administration is self inflicted. It's not the liberal media's fault. It's not Democrats fault. Ultimately its Trump's. Used to be the case that alpha male, leader types just got sh!t done and refused to make excuses. Just goes to show Trump isn't any of those things.

I remember thinking the same thing with Obama. Dude was doing commercials and filling out brackets and doing whatever else to get his pretentious mug in front of the camera. Are you a celebrity or leader of the free world?

Trump has already went that route so no need to do any of it in office. But he isn't very Presidential. Extremely thin skinned and immature. If he could enact legislation that benefitted the American people, I'd actually be a bit more forgiving of his "act". But I don't think his "act" is as choreographed as others. It's inhibiting him to lead. Not a single piece of meaningful legislation has been passed yet. Healthcare should have been teed up and hit out of the park. Infrastructure would have been a slam dunk. These are things that would have affected many a "forgotten American". Instead he just seems focused on helping those like him.

His "act" further divides us as well. We used to talk about policy on this bored. Now it's all about fake news and MAGA and what the idiot in Chief tweeted. It's just like when he announced his candidacy and called Mexican immigrants murderers and rapists. Some thought that Trump was bringing the issue of immigration to the forefront of American consciousness. He didn't. It was about calling Mexicans rapists. And that's how it is today. People focus on what he says....as they should. Hell, if my 6 year olds can't communicate a coherent thought, I tell them to try and use better words to do so. I don't tell everyone else....give the kid a break, you know what he's trying to say. Yet that's the slack we give the POTUS. Pretty sad.

I've said it all along...the damage done in this Administration is self inflicted. It's not the liberal media's fault. It's not Democrats fault. Ultimately its Trump's. Used to be the case that alpha male, leader types just got sh!t done and refused to make excuses. Just goes to show Trump isn't any of those things.

I cannot disagree with most of what you said. It's a good post. :thumbsup:

What I can do is try to understand the "how" or "why" a guy like Donald Trump was elected. And I'm not talking about the idiot divisive stuff like "cause all the racists came out to vote!@#!" or "The Russians stole it!@#!"

A lot of people, normal working hard folks, the "silent majority" if you will, all but got fed up. The number one thing to me was that they became fed up with the identity politics of the past decade. They were not only forgotten about, they were more or less ridiculed and they spoke at the ballot box. It's something I don't think the so called "left" really understands.

So while I too think Trump is sort of a joke as a President, I think he's a good reset button for our political system. Sometimes you have to shock the system. :dunno:

As you can see in this thread...it doesn't matter what he does...his defemders lover him mostly because he pisses off liberals.

Party over country in display.

I think it's what we don't see and don't hear that speaks volumes.

the only ones offering anything near a full throttle defense of the president are disposable spokes people and surrogates outside the White House like Newt Gingrich and Hannity.

The powers-that-be didn't get to be that way by being stupid.

Pence in and of himself could not have been elected POTUS. But Pence coming in as the Savior over a train wreck like Trump would be unstoppable.

However it happens, I see Pence at the top of the ticket next time around. Goldman has run every single White House for decades. Some sort of arrangement will be made and you know Trump will only enter into a deal where he gets to declare victory. Like I said, however it happens, Trump will leave and Pence will come in to save the day and make a push 4 10 years of GOP rule on top of however long Trump stays.

As you can see in this thread...it doesn't matter what he does...his defemders lover him mostly because he pisses off liberals.

Party over country in display.

Not sure who you''re exactly talking too but...........

The tweets and stuff, while I agree are "Un-Presidential", does it really "hurt" you, me, the US Citizens in any way. Yes it's childish, yes it's embarrassing, but that's just words.

I was fine with pulling out of the Trans-Pacific Agreement.

If the Paris Accord is a bad deal for America, then so be it, get out.

We did need to get tougher on immigration. The "wall" thing is stupid hyperbole, but immigration is a big issue.

I like that we are re-looking at healthcare, it's not working as currently constructed.

etc. etc.

I'm not all that upset of the sticks and stones that have gone on his first five months on the job.

Remember Shonuff, sticks and stones are what break bones, words (tweets) can't hurt you. :)

Not sure who you''re exactly talking too but...........

The tweets and stuff, while I agree are "Un-Presidential", does it really "hurt" you, me, the US Citizens in any way. Yes it's childish, yes it's embarrassing, but that's just words.

I was fine with pulling out of the Trans-Pacific Agreement.

If the Paris Accord is a bad deal for America, then so be it, get out.

We did need to get tougher on immigration. The "wall" thing is stupid hyperbole, but immigration is a big issue.

I like that we are re-looking at healthcare, it's not working as currently constructed.

etc. etc.

I'm not all that upset of the sticks and stones that have gone on his first five months on the job.

Remember Shonuff, sticks and stones are what break bones, words (tweets) can't hurt you. :)

Read up on the threats he has made to people.

How the lies he tells on twitter are coming back to hurt him. Like it or not his tweets are official statements of the President.

His tweets have consequences.

It's not that I don't like Trump's politics or don't like him personally. You could say that about many politicians. It's that he doesn't conduct himself with an adult level of dignity and acts like a spoiled little girl. I think it's a sign we're a nation of idiots. :thumbsup:

True...i can get on board with that.

The masses..in general...are idiots