Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Anyone see Manny Pacquiao gets screwed last night?

And now you know why boxing has become antiquated. You don't see that crap in the UFC. The ref was actually going to stop that fight before the 10th round if Horn didn't start defending himself and fighting back. LOL

I thought it was a close fight, with Manny winning. They were in Australia so a little home cooking. Manny had his chance to end it in the 9th.

With that said I actually think this fight may have saved boxing. It was free! Manny willing to do that, knowing he's 38 and all but done, may change the model away from PPV to the old school model.

Didn't get to see it but driving home around 10-10:30 last night, this fight was all they could talk about on sports radio. Tony Atlas basically told the winner he lost. :o :lol:, and Stephen A was being Stephen A.

The result of that fight is why I will put money on McGregor when I go to Vegas in August.

If a fight goes to the cards, Vegas determines the outcome.

I thought it was a close fight, with Manny winning. They were in Australia so a little home cooking. Manny had his chance to end it in the 9th.

With that said I actually think this fight may have saved boxing. It was free! Manny willing to do that, knowing he's 38 and all but done, may change the model away from PPV to the old school model.

I think the fact that ESPN is going to be televising boxing with some big-name attractions is a great thing for boxing. The fact that people may have tuned in last night to check it out and have to witness that robbery and see how crooked the sport is, is just going to further its demise

I think the fact that ESPN is going to be televising boxing with some big-name attractions is a great thing for boxing. The fact that people may have tuned in last night to check it out and have to witness that robbery and see how crooked the sport is, is just going to further its demise

I know nothing about fight sports, so feel free to correct me.

Why do judges even exist? Rounds? All of that crap?

Just put the two men in the ring. Fight until one man is unconscious or someone throws in the towel.

Same thing with racing. Fock all the damn rules and bullsh!t. Fighting and racing are appealing because they are the two simplest human activities. All the bs gets in the way.

Just put the two men in the ring. Fight until one man is unconscious or someone throws in the towel.

Same thing with racing. Fock all the damn rules and bullsh!t. Fighting and racing are appealing because they are the two simplest human activities. All the bs gets in the way.

Same reason we don't sanction gunfighters having dueling tournaments probably. But we will get there soon it seems.

I fell asleep before the fight but saw highlights. Not sure if it was a screw job it seems like horn won the early rounds and Pac turned it on at the end but couldn't get a stop and it was a little too late. Did more overalls damage but it was over a shorter period of the fight

I fell asleep before the fight but saw highlights. Not sure if it was a screw job it seems like horn won the early rounds and Pac turned it on at the end but couldn't get a stop and it was a little too late. Did more overalls damage but it was over a shorter period of the fight

You should see the punch numbers. Manny landed twice as many punches. He won the fight, just some home cooking.

many many years ago, that's how they did it. You fought until somebody was knocked out. I don't know the exact history, but I would think I had something to do with maybe Fighters dying or cumulative brain damage as a result of fights just going too long and too much of a pounding.

I have no problem with having judges, and I do understand that judging a fight is objective, but I have not heard one single person or commentator say that they think Horn won that fight. There has to be some kind of commission or something that can overrule obviously biased and incorrect judging.

I didn't watch, but everything I've read it sounds like Pacman was better, but not overwhelmingly better to the point it proves a fix was in. Reportedly, each obviously won a few rounds, and others were subjective.

The fight was held in Horn's country of Australia, so maybe a little home-town judge helped. Also read Horn's aggressive style may have catered to those particular judges.

Still, hard to understand the scoring from one judge 117-111 Horn, as if he dominated the entire fight which he apparently didn't.?.

I heard it was blatantly fixed and set up to give Manny a rematch to pretend he still had drawing power.

Same reason we don't sanction gunfighters having dueling tournaments probably. But we will get there soon it seems.

I don't mean Bareknuckle stuff. And there would be doctors who could stop the fight. But again, I don't know anything about it.