Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Any Regrets?

I wish I would have bought a bigger boat. Now I am stuck in my current boat for a few years. I would have liked a 24 foot twin engine catamaran.

Not really. I can think of a couple people that I probably should have been better to, but even then it's not like I focked their wives or anything. Pretty tame stuff as far as regrets go.

My only two major ones is after going to a junior college to play basketball....got injured and kind of let basketball go. Was 18 and wanted to spend time with my girlfriend at the time. Have no doubts I could have made a big 12 bench somewhere.....nowhere near starter level but could have made a roster.

But...18...you don't realize how little time in your life you get to be part of a team or play sports competitively in more than some crummy YMCA league.

My other one is screwing up my first marriage. I'll just say I didn't handle some of her issues properly and let it come between us and made some bad decisions. Was in a bad place for awhile. Really screwed up my life that I think I'm probably still dealing with on some levels now almost 10 years later. Cost me almost all of my friends, my job, and I was embarrassed to the point I moved out of town....took a long time to rebuild my life.....but I definitely deserved it.

And thus ends my TMI on a Saturday night post.

• Like 2

Any regrets? Tons of them.

I wish there was a rewind button when it comes to life but I try to move forward cause thinking back hurts too much.

Little things...not sticking with piano lessons when I was a kid or picking up guitar when I was younger.

Not getting into running again until 5 years ago or so...should have done it sooner.

Working too much.

My kids are 15 now and I took their childhood for granted. Would love to just play with them and hear that toddler, belly-laugh again.

:(

• Like 1

After years of posting like a normal person on the mange bored and occasionally seeing a "take it to the Geek bored" post, my curiosity got the better of me and I finally clicked on the link to this cesspool...

In real life, one regret was not getting into venture capital investing in the 90s. Or more generally, not really doing anything with my MBA when I got it. My company paid for it so I felt a certain loyalty (although I wasn't contractually obligated to stay or pay it back if I left), so I stuck around for two years doing basically what I had been doing. Eventually I moved into a field sales engineer role and into sales, and made a lot of money doing it, so it worked out OK. But in the 1995-2000 range people made a mint in tech companies.

Regret is a strong word, there are things I might have done differently, but it all lead to where I am now, which I'm cool with.

Regret is a strong word, there are things I might have done differently, but it all lead to where I am now, which I'm cool with.

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

I've got a few, but then again, too few to mention. :dunno:

:lol:

Not going pro In baseball when I had the chance to :(

What happened? Drafted by the Yankees but refused to sign since your uncle is a lifelong Red Sox fan?

What happened? Drafted by the Yankees but refused to sign since your uncle is a lifelong Red Sox fan?

Exhibit A of why I say this guy is a pathetic loser who is jealous of others.

Seriously man, youre pulling a HT and MDC. Those arent two people you want to imitate. Cause youre looking quite pathetic right now

At this moment I wonder if I should buy a house and will I regret not buying one in the future or will I regret buying one if I do....

I regret not being more responsible with contraception and being more vocal about it during my relationships. I let my future rest in the hands of someone else.

I regret not ending bad relationships sooner. Such a waste of my time and my life.

• Like 1

I wish I would have bought a bigger boat. Now I am stuck in my current boat for a few years. I would have liked a 24 foot twin engine catamaran.

This was 3 and a half years ago, now that I have a 24 foot twin engine offshore boat I wish i would have bought a 28 footer and regret settling for the 24 footer.

Maybe in 3 and a half more years my regret will change again :banana:

There are a few people that I let live, I prolly should not have done that.

I have an awesome life right now. I only wish I had did more in my early to mid 20s.

Not committing more to school. I had a good time in high school but I was smart enough to get a full ride to a good school if I'd have just tried.

Other than that, no ragrets.

• Like 1

Uncle Rico