Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

Economy adds jobs

Things were going well right up til '06....................when Pelosi and Reid started running Congress.

Hmmmmmm...........

I blame the Republican party for every dollar of debt we've accrued since they took over the House of Reps. :thumbsup:

I don't think the employment situation has ever been worse in my lifetime. At last tally, there were maybe three people on my block that still had jobs, including me. The stunning thing is the amount of union people who have been laid off in the past few months. One of my neighbors got turned down for a job selling knives door to door. Too many applicants. Convenience stores won't even take your applications anymore. Anyone that is telling you the economy and/or employment is improving doesn't know d!ck.

I'll have to be sure and let our convenience store managers know we aren't taking applications anymore. :thumbsup:

Good for you.

I guess you only blame Congress when the Dems control the purse strings.

Shocker. We all thought you had principles. :lol:

I guess you only blame Congress when the Dems control the purse strings.

Shocker. We all thought you had principles. :lol:

The Rep congress passed a budget that attempted to get spending under control. The Senate never even brought it up for a vote. In fact, the Demwit Senate hasn't passed a budget since your Hero took over.

Feel free to blame anyone you want. :thumbsup:

The Rep congress passed a budget that attempted to get spending under control. The Senate never even brought it up for a vote. In fact, the Demwit Senate hasn't passed a budget since your Hero took over.

Feel free to blame anyone you want. :thumbsup:

If the GOP wins the Senate this fall will you immediately blame them for every dollar of deficit spending? :lol:

[republicans] This is still a result of part-time Christmas season hires [republicans]

i think it's good that hiring is up in the service industry, and also that more people who had stopped looking for work have started looking again.

service industry jobs pay small wages. those people take those wages and purchase goods produced and manufactured in other countries, usually from a wal-mart type superstore because the prices are lower.

what we need here in the united states is factory, manufacturing jobs. they pay higher wages, they are sustainable jobs, and they make goods that we can sell to others and our own. real goods that people purchase...not solar panels and electric cars. everyday things that people purchase regularly.

the united states needs factories building things, with competitive wages (meaning not union wages) that build competitively priced goods. that entails the epa and other regulatory agencies to police the production, but not be a barrier by being too strict.

At last tally, there were maybe three people on my block that still had jobs, including me.

That's because you live in a filthy, rat-infested sh!thole.

That's because you live in a filthy, rat-infested sh!thole.

The other two neighbors are strippers. :banana:

Oh. I think I just made your point. :huh:

120,000 jobs added in March. Unemployment down to 8.2%

Conservturds, please enlighten us as to how this is actually bad. :music_guitarred:

link

Conservturds, please enlighten us as to how this is actually bad. :music_guitarred:

link

More people have realized that under Obummer you don't need a job and can milk off the system indefinitely so they left the workforce.

I believe this is what economists call the "Phurfur effect."

link

The price tag has been over $5 trillion. I need much more bang for my buck. Remember we were promised 3 1/2 years ago that unemployment would not go over 8%. HTH You lefties are fooled so easily.

link

Employers added 120,000 jobs in the month, the Labor Department reported Friday, falling far short of economists' expectations. The number marked a significant slowdown in hiring from February, when the economy added 240,000 jobs.

"It's discouraging that job growth was half of what it had been the previous month," said Christine Owens, executive director of the National Employment Law Project.

Job growth of around 120,000 is just about enough to keep up with population growth, and is therefore more like "treading water" than a major improvement, Owens said.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.2% as the labor force shrank by 164,000 workers, mostly due to white women leaving the job market.

My link

If the size of the workforce used to calculate the unemployment rate were the same today as it was the day our White-African-American POTUS took office, the unemployment rate today would be 10.9%.

Keep taking people out of the equation to fudge the numbers seems to be how Summer Of Recovery 3.0 is gonna happen. :thumbsup:

If the size of the workforce used to calculate the unemployment rate were the same today as it was the day our White-African-American POTUS took office, the unemployment rate today would be 10.9%.

Keep taking people out of the equation to fudge the numbers seems to be how Summer Of Recovery 3.0 is gonna happen. :thumbsup:

Starting 1-1-11 a baby boomer will retire every 10 seconds for the next 20 years. 76 million of them.

Employers added 120,000 jobs in the month, the Labor Department reported Friday, falling far short of economists' expectations. The number marked a significant slowdown in hiring from February, when the economy added 240,000 jobs.

"It's discouraging that job growth was half of what it had been the previous month," said Christine Owens, executive director of the National Employment Law Project.

Job growth of around 120,000 is just about enough to keep up with population growth, and is therefore more like "treading water" than a major improvement, Owens said.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.2% as the labor force shrank by 164,000 workers, mostly due to white women leaving the job market.

My link

White women leaving the workforce? Did I miss something?

Starting 1-1-11 a baby boomer will retire every 10 seconds for the next 20 years. 76 million of them.

That's not where the drop in the labor pool is coming from.

That's not where the drop in the labor pool is coming from.

So when people retire the stay in the labor pool. :dunno:

Recall that back in 2009, White House economists Jared Bernstein and Christina Romer used their old-fashioned Keynesian model to predict how the $800 billion stimulus would affect employment. According to their model—as displayed in the above chart, updated—unemployment should be around 5.8% today.

White women leaving the workforce? Did I miss something?

From the link in his link:

The unemployment rate fell to a three-year low of 8.2% in March, but it wasn't because more Americans found jobs. Instead, thousands of people dropped out of the labor market.

Who were those people?

White women, mainly.

Roughly 136,000 white women left the labor force in March. Their participation in the job market has been slowly dropping since mid 2009, and now it's at levels not seen since 1996.

In contrast, white men have also recently left the labor force, but not nearly as dramatically in March. And blacks of both genders have been wading back into the job market. (The Labor Department doesn't collect seasonally adjusted data on Hispanics and Asians).

Why are white women leaving? Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell from the Labor Department's data. Reasons could include going back to school, retiring, staying home to take care of family or having a disability.

Or perhaps they're just giving up on the job market altogether.