Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Foster and IR announcement?

Anybody know when teams have to announce when their players (like Foster) are either going on IR/designated for return or not? What is the deadline for announcing that?

Whenever the team feels like it. They just have to get to 53. So they can keep him on the 53 if they think he might be back sooner. Or use PUP, etc. Bills used some other desig for L.McKelvin.

Fantasy leaguers bench spots probably aren't high on their priority list.

Whenever the team feels like it. They just have to get to 53. So they can keep him on the 53 if they think he might be back sooner. Or use PUP, etc. Bills used some other desig for L.McKelvin.

Fantasy leaguers bench spots probably aren't high on their priority list.

Well it should be

News today says a strong chance he's back by the Bucs game in week 3. That would be ridiculous for getting him as late as many people did.

I took him off my board and I'm probably going to regret it.

News today says a strong chance he's back by the Bucs game in week 3. That would be ridiculous for getting him as late as many people did.

I took him off my board and I'm probably going to regret it.

tbh you should be happy with yourself for avoiding this clusterfock.

It's basically common knowledge now that they expect Foster back in 3-5 games. He will end up a steal nomatter where he was drafted this year if that turns out to be the case.

- just a lil' nugget for those who somehow don't get it with this cat yet:

past 5 seasons, rb rank for Foster

#1 in yds from scrimmage

#1 in rushing yds

#1 in tds

#1 in fantasy ppg (std and ppr)

if he's playing, he's producing ... best all around back of this era, no question.

to those who snagged him already :thumbsup:

for those still with drafts coming up ... GO GET YA SUM :banana:

With this news about him being back so soon he is a forth rounder to me right now . In two of my early picks I was able to draft him on round 8 twice steal .

So people here who a week ago were saying you're dumb to take Arian in round 6 or 7 (or at all because he'll re-injure) are now saying he'll be a steal wherever you take him and/or would take him in round 4.

:rolleyes:

So people here who a week ago were saying you're dumb to take Arian in round 6 or 7 (or at all because he'll re-injure) are now saying he'll be a steal wherever you take him and/or would take him in round 4.

:rolleyes:

First they said he would miss the first eight plus games now he might miss three or so so of course his value is going to go up the closer he gets to returning. .

#1 in yds from scrimmage

#1 in rushing yds

#1 in tds

if he's playing, he's producing ... best all around back of this era, no question.

In the last Foster thread about 99% of people posting basically think he is done

#1 in yds from scrimmage

#1 in rushing yds

#1 in tds

In the other Foster thread about 99% of other posters said they wouldnt draft Foster till really late if at all. Foster is probably the best overall back in the league, yes when healthy.

Here is update from PFT

Texans think Arian Foster will be back “sooner rather than later” :ninja:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/07/texans-think-arian-foster-will-be-back-sooner-rather-than-later/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Arian Foster (groin surgery) "could" return in four weeks, but that he may be sidelined "six or more."

Coach Bill O'Brien provided a non-update on Foster's status Monday. Returning in a month would have Foster missing four games, and quite possibly five. Houston's Thursday night tilt in Week 5 is 31 days from today. There have been some recent rosy assessments of Foster's timeline, but it's now trending the other way. Week 6/October 18 could be Foster's most realistic return date. Sep 7 - 5:24 PM

In the last Foster thread about 99% of people posting basically think he is done

That was when he was supposed to be out til week 10. Not that it's drastically sooner he's a far better value.

Now it's not week three or four now it's week six lol .

Sounds like he will be good for a late-season/playoff run.....so draft accordingly. (and if Houston hasn't won a game, then he possibly will not be rushed back)

the longer the better. the foster owner in my league will be scary good if he comes back early and is a top 10 guy. hope this turns into a josh Gordon situation.

Now it's not week three or four now it's week six lol .

Sometimes we all forget 2 key things.

1. Misdirection is a thing. We think everything people say is the word of the almighty. In reality they have a lot to gain by being vague or deceptive.

2. Medicine is not an exact science. We think 4 weeks means 4 weeks on the dot. It isn't, human bodies are fickle and can take shorter or longer to heal than doctors say.

This is quickly turning into a roller coaster that could easily end in Foster missing 3, 4, 6, 8 weeks. It's completely up in the air. No telling what is the bullcrap or what is wishful thinking.

if Foster comes back by week 3, there will be a high chance he'll be out by week 4... for another 3-4 weeks.... and then repeat.

Foster has reportedly told teammates it is "quite possible" he plays against Carolina this weekend, but O'Brien does not think he will be ready. Even if he cannot make it back this week, it is becoming clear Foster will return in the first month of the season. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora said Week 3 was the "worst case scenario" for a return.

Per Aaron Wilson via twitter

Foster has reportedly told teammates it is "quite possible" he plays against Carolina this weekend, but O'Brien does not think he will be ready. Even if he cannot make it back this week, it is becoming clear Foster will return in the first month of the season. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora said Week 3 was the "worst case scenario" for a return.

Per Aaron Wilson via twitter

Excellent

Oh great Arian, use your magical vegan powers to come save me from 'The De-Dezzing' of my team. Fill the empty space that is my flex spot, and lead my forces to victory. Come soon, great Arian.

I love how he is going to build everyone up, just to let them down.

Says the person that passed on him .

I actually have him...

Lol