Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2016 Free Agency - Begins 4 p.m. ET, Wednesday

2016 Free Agents - Sorted by position, skill position players on offense and defense (No OL, Punters). I don't think the official list from the NFL has been released so when it is I'll included any players I've missed. If you guys think I've missed someone, shoot me an email and I'll get him included.

Overall, it seems like a weak free agent class especially at QB and WR. We'll have some interesting RBs to track (Forte and Lamar Miller, Doug Martin) and Alshon Jeffery being the biggest name at WR. The Chargers have a some decision to make at TE as both Antonio Gates and Ladarius are free agents.

I think that both Colts TE's Fleener and Allen are on the free market also .

I think that both Colts TE's Fleener and Allen are on the free market also .

Allen to New Orleans would make me happy as a dynasty owner.

Allen to New Orleans would make me happy as a dynasty owner.

I still think Allen is a phenomenal player. A starting gig somewheres, and I'd be all over it.

I still think Allen is a phenomenal player. A starting gig somewheres, and I'd be all over it.

Really? I dont see it. Solid hands, sure. But is he athletic enough? Im not so sure he is.

Snap Jeffery would have been a great asset for the Patriots . Now he will die away slowly in a Bears uniform. Sad sad day.

Snap Jeffery would have been a great asset for the Patriots . Now he will die away slowly in a Bears uniform. Sad sad day.

He put up great stats every time he played. It was his injuries that kept his total stats in check. Plus 14ish mil for 1 season isnt exactly dying away

Right on Cue , I knew you would show up to defend your favorite team , it's just so precious.

Right on Cue , I knew you would show up to defend your favorite team , it's just so precious.

I wont defend anything the Bears do if its a poor decision. I am no homer who gobbles up every move the Bears make. As for Alshon, i was merely pointing out that what you said was pretty much nonsense, what you do best.

Once again right on Cue .

He'll be a FA next year. Patriots can get him then.

Tag deadline is today. Here are the players wearing a franchise or transitional tag...

Franchise Tag

DE Muhammad Wilkerson, NYJ

K Justin Tucker, BAL

OT Cordy Glenn, BUF

WR Alshon Jeffery, CHI

DB Josh Norman, CAR

LB Von Miller, DEN

S Eric Berry, KC

CB Trumaine Johnson, LAR

QB Kirk Cousins, WAS

Transition Tag

DE Olivier Vernon, MIA

The Salary Cap for the 2016 league year has been set at $155,270,000 per club.

Franchise Tag $ by position...

Position		Tender Amount
Quarterback		$19,953,000 
Running Back		$11,789,000 
Wide Receiver		$14,599,000 
Tight End		$9,118,000 
Offensive Linemen	$13,706,000 
Defensive End		$15,701,000 
Defensive Tackle	$13,615,000 
Linebacker		$14,129,000 
Cornerback		$13,952,000 
Safety			$10,806,000 
Kicker/Punter		$4,572,000 

Tag deadline is today. Here are the players wearing a franchise or transitional tag...

Franchise Tag

DE Muhammad Wilkerson, NYJ

K Justin Tucker, BAL

OT Cordy Glenn, BUF

WR Alshon Jeffery, CHI

DB Josh Norman, CAR

LB Von Miller, DEN

S Eric Berry, KC

CB Trumaine Johnson, STL

Transition Tag

DE Olivier Vernon, MIA

Cousins?

Add Roddy White, Brandon LaFell, and Scott Chandler to the list of 2016 free agents. All three were released this afternoon

Add Roddy White, Brandon LaFell, and Scott Chandler to the list of 2016 free agents. All three were released this afternoon

I get the official transactions report from the NFL each morning, so any player signed, released, etc. will typically show up in the free agent tracker the next day.

I get the official transactions report from the NFL each morning, so any player signed, released, etc. will typically show up in the free agent tracker the next day.

Wait...there's actually more to FFToday than the bored and the 3 and out contest?!?!!

:ninja:

Mario Williams should end up in ATL, but Dallas will likely pursue him. Where does Marvin Jones end up?

Mario Williams should end up in ATL, but Dallas will likely pursue him. Where does Marvin Jones end up?

All the radio boys up here in Patriotvil are all begging for him to come to New England.

Yea I think Marvin Jones landing with the Patriots would be a very good move for both party's .

Jones is going to get paid, and I doubt NE ponys up the cash to secure his services. Detroit or Cleveland would be my guess as to where he lands. NE might get Forte though.

Jones is going to get paid, and I doubt NE ponys up the cash to secure his services. Detroit or Cleveland would be my guess as to where he lands. NE might get Forte though.

I am still holding out hope that NE signs Rishard Matthews

Yea the Lions would be a good landing spot . How about the Forty Niners looks like they can use him .

According to Ian Rapoport, the Philadelphia Eagles are in talks with the Miami Dolphins for trading Byron Maxwell.

Edited: 12:07pm PST

Schefter just came out and said that Byron Maxwell AND Kiko Alonso are expected to be traded to the Miami Dolphins for draft pick compensation.

Chip Kelly era is getting wiped clean

Other rumors I've seen reported...

- Texans interested in QB Brock Osweiler

- Bucs interested in RB Chris Ivory (fallback plan if they lose Doug Martin)

- Eagles shopping RB DeMarco Murray and RB Ryan Mathews

- Seahawks interested in Arian Foster (from John Clayton)

- Julius Peppers is trying to sell Matt Forte on Green Bay

- Chiefs interested in WR Rod Streater ( <_< )

- Browns interested in WR Marvin Jones

Dwayne Allen was re-signed for a four year contract in Indy. He's long been hyped. I wonder if they move on from Fleener and get Allen more reps. As a dynasty owner in one league, I'd love for him to get the bulk of the snaps and targets.

Kelechi Osemele has agreed in principle to a deal with the Oakland Raiders. (link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/08/raiders-strike-a-deal-with-kelechi-osemele/ )

There were few FA's that I wanted as an Eagles fan. Osemele was certainly one of them, though I knew he'd command money that few teams were capable of. This is a great pickup for the Raiders and the interior of their offensive line.

The ultimate question now is whether or not they will continue to actively shop for another running back either in free agency or in the draft.

Kelechi Osemele has agreed in principle to a deal with the Oakland Raiders. (link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/08/raiders-strike-a-deal-with-kelechi-osemele/ )

There were few FA's that I wanted as an Eagles fan. Osemele was certainly one of them, though I knew he'd command money that few teams were capable of. This is a great pickup for the Raiders and the interior of their offensive line.

The ultimate question now is whether or not they will continue to actively shop for another running back either in free agency or in the draft.

If the Raiders upgrade at RB that's your top sleeper candidate of the year. I'm hearing they're throwing in on Martin, but feel it's just a feint. They have far greater needs, and may just be running the price up. I'm not sold on Martin at all, and feel is contract demands are hilarious. I'd rather have Lamar Miller. Or Zeke Elliott.

Look for moves on defense for Oakland. They've been talking Weddle, but would rather have Iloka of Cincy. Or even Tashaun Gipson. Sean Smith, Danny Trevathan, Malik Jackson are other players who may soon be Raiders.

Not understanding why Philly doesn't pursue Mathis, at least on a short term deal. Especially with the Chipster gone.

Miller and Martin are huge dominoes for fantasy purposes, wish we would hear where they are going with some more certainty.

It's been known around here for a while that Dallas covets L. Miller... Word is it's a bidding war between us and the Texans right now.

It's been known around here for a while that Dallas covets L. Miller... Word is it's a bidding war between us and the Texans right now.

Indeed, and Martin in SF. But would like to see who wins the war in Texas. Miller and Cowboys fans are hoping he goes to Dallas I'm sure.

Indeed, and Martin in SF. But would like to see who wins the war in Texas. Miller and Cowboys fans are hoping he goes to Dallas I'm sure.

Signing him would have huge draft implications, as well as filling a need for sure... I'm afraid if he doesn't sign here, the temptation to draft Elliot climbs dramatically... Which I've not been a fan of - but if he's truly the best value on the board at 4, and truly is the real deal - maybe I could be swayed to jump on board with.