Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Is This Speaking On Someone's Behalf?

Is This Speaking On Someone's Behalf?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is This Speaking On Someone's Behalf?

• Yes
    • No

So long story short, in my fantasy football league, a rule was written in such a way that I and at least two other people interpreted it differently from the way the commissioner intended it to be read. I wrote an email to the commissioner saying "Since I and at least two other people interpreted this rule differently, I thought I would explain how I am reading it." However, he got very angry (extremely short temper) and told me that I do not speak for other people, so I should not presume to.

I did not name the people who interpreted it differently, and specifically chose not to reveal their names. Also, I know they saw it my way because we all had discussions about it.

Given this set of facts, have I actually spoken on anyone's behalf?

So long story short, in my fantasy football league, a rule was written in such a way that I and at least two other people interpreted it differently from the way the commissioner intended it to be read. I wrote an email to the commissioner saying "Since I and at least two other people interpreted this rule differently, I thought I would explain how I am reading it." However, he got very angry (extremely short temper) and told me that I do not speak for other people, so I should not presume to.

I did not name the people who interpreted it differently, and specifically chose not to reveal their names. Also, I know they saw it my way because we all had discussions about it.

Given this set of facts, have I actually spoken on anyone's behalf?

Why don't the other people just speak up? Have a group meeting for God's sake. What's with all the drama? You must either be divorced 3 times or going to be in the future. No communication skills by you outside of internet questions to strangers.

I'd like to speak on behalf of the rest of this forum....... :doh:

How many leagues are you in? Is it the same league?

Commissioners let power run to their heads I guess, but then again, it's been a while since I've been one. I remember back in the day I had to send out an ultimatum to the league to stop them from bickering with each other (over matchups, BS trade offers, waiver wire pickups, personal stuff, etc.) on the league message board. lol.

Serious question: Are you trolling us w all these threads or are you really this pedantic about your league bylaws?

Were I mish I'd have kicked you from the league if its the latter.

What kind of people spend all their time b!tching at each other about things like this, suspecting each other of collusion, yelling over email, causing someone to come to internet strangers for dispute mediation...and then stay in the league?

Dude, I have played in anonymous free Yahoo leagues with people nicer and more civil than your league(s). Just fricking leave the league(s) already. Not trying to be a jerk here, but man...how do people think FF is worth this much hassle, a new dispute every other day?

What kind of people spend all their time b!tching at each other about things like this, suspecting each other of collusion, yelling over email, causing someone to come to internet strangers for dispute mediation...and then stay in the league?

Dude, I have played in anonymous free Yahoo leagues with people nicer and more civil than your league(s). Just fricking leave the league(s) already. Not trying to be a jerk here, but man...how do people think FF is worth this much hassle, a new dispute every other day?

There's only roughly 25 million people playing fantasy football so his options seem limited.

• Like 1

There's only roughly 25 million people playing fantasy football so his options seem limited.

ugh this guy only has 80 posts and I'm already tired of his gimmick.

Yeah, I feel you. I felt like my email to him was civil, but you never know what's gonna set someone off.

Nice. You and mobb can keep doing that.

I would ask the commish to come to your house and punch you in front of your wife and kids if I were you

• Like 1

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but you need to start a fantasy football version of The View.

LOL.

Rodgers for Carr?! Oh no you didn't just make me that offer! Giiiiiiirl!

• Like 1

Been here a long time....

Not sure if I would want you in my league, as the way you present thinks is annoying. Try not to put so much into it. Maybe stop looking at loopholes, future potential issues and just play and have fun.

If you do not get along with a league, just bail. Also sounds like the commish does not dig you so you probably will get booted next year anyways.

• Like 1