Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Terrelle Pryor a Redskin

With their receiving corps undergoing a make over, it looks like Kirk Cousins just got a new weapon. That is if Kirk stays himself.

After a 1000 yard season in Cleveland of all places, Washington could be the place Pryor takes his career to the next level.

Pryor is a bit of a risky option but this could end up being a big signing for a growing offense.

His fantasy value could certainly trend upwards.

I am surprised that Cleveland let him get away.

I am also surprised he left.

he was not gonna make it as a QB and Cleveland developed him as a player. a year ago today everyone was making fun of the Browns for thinking he could ever be a WR.

Cleveland believed in him and gave him a chance.

This is how they are repaid. I dont know what went wrong, but it's certainly a sad story for someone.

I'm surprised that TP basically took a one year prove it deal. I guess you could say he is betting on himself. Or he was seen as being toxic by other teams. I think it was Harline that questioned what would happen if someone paid him.

If Cousins is back you have to like all those weapons.

A lot of players don't like him.

Hartline being the oddest one in public. Former teammate?

Now he goes to a franchise that is facing a current PR nightmare.

:lol:

I am surprised that Cleveland let him get away.

I am also surprised he left.

he was not gonna make it as a QB and Cleveland developed him as a player. a year ago today everyone was making fun of the Browns for thinking he could ever be a WR.

Cleveland believed in him and gave him a chance.

This is how they are repaid. I dont know what went wrong, but it's certainly a sad story for someone.

yeah you do feel bad to some degree for them to lose him considering they did a real good job of making him into a player. But it is their own fault for being a bad organization for so long. They don't deserve player loyalty yet, and they'll have to earn back their reputation.

If it was me, I wouldn't have wanted to be back in Cleveland either.

yep.

Like this move for Pryor.

He's diffently betting on himself, but if Cousins stays I like the combo.

If I remember correctly, Hartline wasn't a teammate - just a (jealous?) ass.

During his time in Oakland, he got along fine and worked tirelessly to improve his game.

He's a hard worker who has seen some success as a result of his stick-to-it-iveness. That could rub some lesser-achievers the wrong way, I suppose.

At any rate, it kind of sucks that he jumped into the D.C. volcano - wish that he would've landed with a team where he could really flourish.

Still a huge upgrade in scenery

If I remember correctly, Hartline wasn't a teammate - just a (jealous?) ass.

During his time in Oakland, he got along fine and worked tirelessly to improve his game.

He's a hard worker who has seen some success as a result of his stick-to-it-iveness. That could rub some lesser-achievers the wrong way, I suppose.

At any rate, it kind of sucks that he jumped into the D.C. volcano - wish that he would've landed with a team where he could really flourish.

Hartline spent an offseason, training camp and I think one or two games on the roster with Pryor.

However...he was also a teammate of Pryor's at Ohio State.

Pryor is a project still, and a rather old one at that. Decent contract to see what he's got, but as an Eagles fan I'm glad they didn't sign him.

He should be due for some major targets though, so fantasy wise I'd take a shot on him if the price is right

Like this move for Pryor.

He's diffently betting on himself, but if Cousins stays I like the combo.

If he can be on the receiving end of a good amount of Cousins' passing yards in 2017 - assuming he doesn't get moved - Pryor could be in line for a solid payday next offseason.

Washington seems super unstable, so I don't think anyone really knows what to expect from the Redskins for 2017 at this time, but I'm definitely intrigued by the Cousins/Pryor tandem

Oh yeah the Redskins are sitting on very shaky ground right now.

Thanks for the reply.

The influx of WR tent to the NFCE is grim news for a team that is probably losing 75% of its starting secondary. add to that the S. jones injury, pushing every other cb up the board.

if you want a laugh, check out the offense vs defense cap breakdown for DAL on overthecap.com. actually, i'll save you the time: $106M for offense, $36M for defense.

:wall:

The influx of WR tent to the NFCE is grim news for a team that is probably losing 75% of its starting secondary. add to that the S. jones injury, pushing every other cb up the board.

if you want a laugh, check out the offense vs defense cap breakdown for DAL on overthecap.com. actually, i'll save you the time: $106M for offense, $36M for defense.

:wall:

Everyone knew the strength of this team was in the offense.

The D was okay but not outstanding last year. Largely this is because the offense was good enough to keep the D off the field.

the year before, the D was terrible.

clearly the D needs attention, but Dallas has lost two O linemen as well, so a high pick on an OT or OG may be happening.

hard to say, but it will be interesting to watch Dallas this next year.

Yeah losing two Oline players is going to hurt Zeke production next season.

yeah you do feel bad to some degree for them to lose him considering they did a real good job of making him into a player. But it is their own fault for being a bad organization for so long. They don't deserve player loyalty yet, and they'll have to earn back their reputation.

If it was me, I wouldn't have wanted to be back in Cleveland either.

not only that. They went through 17 QBs last year and didn't let him play.

not only that. They went through 17 QBs last year and didn't let him play.

the fact that Pryor was consistently productive though with every QB leads me to believe he wasn't a fluke, and is definitely going to be a guy on my radar this year.

excited to see what he can do in an actual legit offense...presuming Cousins stays of course.

the fact that Pryor was consistently productive though with every QB leads me to believe he wasn't a fluke, and is definitely going to be a guy on my radar this year.

excited to see what he can do in an actual legit offense...presuming Cousins stays of course.

He was pretty good, but he also had an abysmal performance for all of the ffball playoffs.

Oriole I agree with you.

Pryor only scored tds in three games last season, posted only three one hundred plus games, and only recorded 8 or more rec in two games, but he was targeted over ten times in seven games.

Now he's going to have a pretty good Qb and I think he could be a real find this next season.

Crowder faded away late last season and I don't know what magnitude of a role Doctson will have.

No question to me that he's going to be the Redskins number one Wr next season.

Oriole I agree with you.

Pryor only scored tds in three games last season, posted only three one hundred plus games, and only recorded 8 or more rec in two games, but he was targeted over ten times in seven games.

Now he's going to have a pretty good Qb and I think he could be a real find this next season.

Crowder faded away late last season and I don't know what magnitude of a role Doctson will have.

No question to me that he's going to be the Redskins number one Wr next season.

As for the TD's I think that's largely a function of playing on a bad team.

If you have a poor offense, with a subpar QB and you are largely starting your offensive series with a long field, that usually translates into fewer TD's.

if the WR is good enough, it often means more yards during garbage time when the opposing D is playing a Prevent or Zone Defense.

I'd be interested in seeing Pryors stats to see if he got most of his yards against man coverage or zone.

People saying Browns let him get away are ignorant. The Browns offered him a 4 year deal for $8 mil per. That's a heckuva a deal. No other team was offering a multi year deal. He left because he wanted out. Period. We'll see how he likes being doubled teamed all season long. Bwahahaha!

See how he likes having a Qb.

As for the TD's I think that's largely a function of playing on a bad team.

If you have a poor offense, with a subpar QB and you are largely starting your offensive series with a long field, that usually translates into fewer TD's.

if the WR is good enough, it often means more yards during garbage time when the opposing D is playing a Prevent or Zone Defense.

I'd be interested in seeing Pryors stats to see if he got most of his yards against man coverage or zone.

that's why I track targets as a key stat when I'm evaluating WR options. It's easier to predict week to week productivity.

I agree. It's been a great transition for him and he has certainly worked hard. You can tell by how well he made the move he has a good football acumen.

Still lots of talk about Cousins and the Niners.

Now if he was to leave the Redskins for the Niners, there goes Pryors upside.

Still lots of talk about Cousins and the Niners.

Now if he was to leave the Redskins for the Niners, there goes Pryors upside.

or does it. What if they made him their QB? I know it's a stretch. But if at some point he is forced to step in having a qb/wr eligible player would offer so much flex

or does it. What if they made him their QB? I know it's a stretch. But if at some point he is forced to step in having a qb/wr eligible player would offer so much flex

Pryor wasnt a very good QB. Hes a far better WR, and I dont see him switching back.

I could, however see the team using some gadget plays where he gets to throw the ball.

Would rather have Kaep.

Pryor wasnt a very good QB. Hes a far better WR, and I dont see him switching back.

I could, however see the team using some gadget plays where he gets to throw the ball.

I'd like to see him get some carries. Gonna need help running the ball unless we get a steal at rb in the draft.

As a Corey Coleman dynasty owner, very happy with this move.

Didn't the Browns sign K Britt.

I think he will be the Browns stud Wr.

Didn't the Browns sign K Britt.

I think he will be the Browns stud Wr.

Kenny Britt?

Kenny Britt?

He did have almost essentially the same stats as Pryor with an equally bad qb carousel last year. Not sure why he couldn't replicate those numbers in Cleveland.