Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Chiefs RBs Week 13

It's been a good ride......but does anyone else get the feeling that this is gonna be a risky proposition either way if West is back as expected this week?

Ware has actually been more productive on fewer snaps (6.5 ypc), but West did pretty well for himself, as well (4.0 ypc).

I just smell a full-blown cluster ahead for fantasy owners.

I think West is the more complete back for the system, i expect him to resume starting duties with Ware earning a few more carries. More in the mold of McCoy and Karlos rather than Langford/Forte. Just my guess.

• Like 1

Andy usually features one back. If you look through the past He's never been an RBBC coach. Duce , Westbrook, Shady, Kniles, Charles. Being that West has proven to have better hands which Andy loves his RBs to have the ability to catch on every single down Im putting my money on West to have at least 80%- 20% split when healthy. JMO

• Like 1

Andy usually features one back. If you look through the past He's never been an RBBC coach. Deuce, Westbrook, Shady, Kniles, Charles. Being that West has proven to have better hands which Andy loves his RBs to have the ability to catch on every single down Im putting my money on West to have at least 80%- 20% split when healthy. JMO

You're right about Reid......and I would take an 80/20 split anyday.

The only thing that gives me pause is Ware's ypc (6.5), including an astounding 6.5 yac against SD and 3.1 yac against the Bills.

The kid is hungry.

Andy usually features one back. If you look through the past He's never been an RBBC coach. Deuce, Westbrook, Shady, Kniles, Charles. Being that West has proven to have better hands which Andy loves his RBs to have the ability to catch on every single down Im putting my money on West to have at least 80%- 20% split when healthy. JMO

Remember the three headed monster trio of Duce, Westbrook, and Buckhalter? He has done it, but I doubt he will with these two. Time will tell.

I'm split off the last few posts from the other thread as it was more directed for Week 12.

West was back at practice on Wednesday, as noted above. Andy Reid is typically a one RB kind of guy, so this situation will be interesting. There wasn't a lot of talk about the situation today in the local media (I'm in KC), but I think it will get more attention tomorrow.

Looks like we might be getting a RBBC - Link

Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware will form a committee at running back when the Chiefs visit Oakland on Sunday.

“It goes without saying, it’s still a running back by committee,” Chiefs offensive coordinator Doug Pederson said Thursday. “I think you have to use them both. Here’s two young running backs that are playing a lot and we’re getting to that time of the season where bodies are really getting sore and banged up.”

“You see Charcandrick as more of that slasher, quick-cut guy, and here comes No. 32 (Ware) a big physical fullback/halfback type guy that hit you downhill, so it’s a little bit of a change of pace for a defense. And it’s great to give both of those guys an equal opportunity.”

There's a reason wares bounced around a bit. I guess 75/25 and charc takes one to the house