Sign in to follow this  
HarbingerTG

Det v Oak; well that sucked

Just when you think Carr and Co are the next great thing, they lay an egg like this. Wow!!!!!!

They couldn't run for crap. He had one 16 yard carry, then 12 carries for 12 yards.

Musgrave is butting his head, running out of the shotgun formation. I get that it spreads out the defense for the quick passing game. But other than surprise third and long blasts, it is a useless formation to utilize for the running game.

This Raider team cannot be successful without running the football. Not with that defense. They've ran the ball well out of the Power I, and have also utilized it in play-action to get down the field. But Musgrave continues to feature the shotgun, even in 2nd/3rd and short downs.

This, in essence, is what's wrong with the run game. Also the primary issue to keep in mind is Oakland is a much different team in The Black Hole.

I called the Stafford over Carr on draft kings and saved on salary, but wish I saw Rawls get the start. Also I was singing "Im in the money" with Freeman going down and Peterson not playing well but then Chandarick West left the game.

I'm thinking of cutting Carr and picking up Winston down the stretch. I like the letters schedule much more. This is coming from a guy who cut Rivers when many were shocked, but after these last two goose eggs, now people are getting it. These guys are not given. Very few people have earned the GIVEN STATUS and rightfully so.

Not sure I know what given means. Only QB this year who has not had a bad game is Brady--- Oh wait, last night he suked 2.I wouldn't get to warm and fuzzy over Winston, don't think Doug Martin will afford him the luxury of 200 yards rushing again.

Well I see little reason to roster Latavius Murray at this point. Gets 10 carries a game. Just an amazing game plan every week from Oakland

Dude has been pretty solid. Usually around 10 points/game and ~RB10. Doesn't seem like they're ever gonna give him 20 touches a game, and I wonder if that's because of his running style. But he should still be a RB2 going forward and unless you've got the 4 remaining healthy backs in the league can't see why you wouldn't hang on to him.

Musgrave is butting his head, running out of the shotgun formation. I get that it spreads out the defense for the quick passing game. But other than surprise third and long blasts, it is a useless formation to utilize for the running game.

This Raider team cannot be successful without running the football. Not with that defense. They've ran the ball well out of the Power I, and have also utilized it in play-action to get down the field. But Musgrave continues to feature the shotgun, even in 2nd/3rd and short downs.

This, in essence, is what's wrong with the run game. Also the primary issue to keep in mind is Oakland is a much different team in The Black Hole.

This is EXACTLY what I hated about the packers and how they constantly ran Lacy out of the gun 2 years ago and the first half of last year...

This year I suffer watching Demarco running out of the gun behind bummy Bradford who needs the gun cuz he sux... Then to hear dummies saying Ryan Mathews is better without taking into account how Murray just never had to run out of the gun in Dallas since he had a competent qb and has had to deal with defenses in the backfield all year is maddening..

Not surprised Latavius is suffering so the qb can be put in the best position to succeed in this pass happy nfl...

I think what Denver does with the pistol (half shotgun) is what teams like the Eagles and Raiders should do to help their rbs while still giving their qbs that cushion they need to read defenses and avoid being under center...

Green Bay with Rodgers in the gun constantly hurting Lacy was baffling but these other teams should take a page from Denver and try to get their running games going to help their qbs more...

I think not having Lee Smith was a pretty big factor this past week too. He's back this week, so theres that.

Carr has a horrible schedule- KC twice and Denver. Pass

I think not having Lee Smith was a pretty big factor this past week too. He's back this week, so theres that.

You know your Raider football.

I'm thinking Murray may be useless on my team now. Look T next 4 weeks:

1. At tenn

2. KC

3. At Denver

4. Green Bay

The dude has only been getting the rock 10-14 times per game and little to no receiving yards. Why bother with this schedule? Someone please convince me why I should hang onto him and start him. Thanks.

two weeks in a row out east did Oakland no favors... I am holding out hope Carr can salvage the two leagues he is starting for me (cause of stupid Andrew Luck and my theory that if I use a first round pick on a quarterback I am not backing him up...)

jdon

1. At tenn

2. KC

3. At Denver

4. Green Bay

The dude has only been getting the rock 10-14 times per game and little to no receiving yards. Why bother with this schedule? Someone please convince me why I should hang onto him and start him. Thanks.

Right now it certainly seems as if all the pre-season angst of Murray playing on a bad Raider team is coming to light. The odd aspect is the fact Roy Helu isn't even seeing the field in favor of a kid with fumbling issues. The official word is the coaches simply like Taiwan Jones as Helu has been a healthy scratch.

This Raider team is still learning to win, of which solid game planning and consistent roles come with it. Plus the defense is killing them. You'd think they'd run the ball to cover that motley crew, but they're near bottom in rushing attempts. I have no reason why the so few attempts, but Musgrave is coming under heat in The Nation.

My advice would be to play Murray in The Black Hole and sit on the road. Oakland is a much different team at home. I personally am a bit schools out on Murray. He's seemed to regress in both running/playing skills and hit a wall. There's belief he's leaving huge yardage on the field. I would not cut bait now, unless you're offered Odell Beckham straight up and can sell high, but my gut feeling is next season the team seeks a more professional running back polished in the skills of the position.

Now that we've seen what amounts to a full season of games out of him, I'll admit my take has modified somewhat since pre-season. I will say the kid has a ton of heart and is tough. And the physical tools are there. But I'm just not sure he's seeing the game the way a true NFL RB needs to.

1. At tenn

2. KC

3. At Denver

4. Green Bay

Can't convince you to start him. But looking at your other backs I think I'd hang on to him unless you can still trade him. I wouldn't flat out drop a starting RB right now. If you did that, you might actually have to start Gordon some week. :shudder:

• Like 1