Sign in to follow this  
edjr

How alcohol affects your golf game

I have to find an equilibrium so that I have no fear and I am loose, but not so hammered that I am all over the place. The guys that I play with get mad because another guy and me usually end up teaming up against other people. We drink like fishes and they are serious, but we end up winning probably 90% of the time. Last year, in Florida, we thought that we were out of our modified Stableford tournament on the last day, so we figured that we would just drink a ton and have fun. We were having birdie duels in the last round. I came in first and my buddy came in 2nd. The other guys were p!ssed. :lol:

What this Dr says is spot on for me.

I start sober, usually after a few holes start to get in my own head, crack my 1st beer, start playing better. by the back 9, I've had to much and am all over the place.,

I start sober, usually after a few holes start to get in my own head, crack my 1st beer, start playing better. by the back 9, I've had to much and am all over the place.,

I've seen this movie, a lot...

:thumbsup:

Same here. It's really hard to keep the perfect buzz going.

Same here. It's really hard to keep the perfect buzz going.

This is where cocaine comes into play :ninja:

same goes for that though.

couple honkers on the course, perfect. but who can stop there?

Either that, or power through it. :lol:

Which is what inevitably happens EVERY time.

I need to show my wife this video. I swear she thinks I'm the only guy who drinks on the golf course.

This is where cocaine comes into play :ninja:

same goes for that though.

couple honkers on the course, perfect. but who can stop there?

Going to take your word on that ed. :thumbsup:

Going to take your word on that ed. :thumbsup:

been a while. The kid I used to do that with, was bad news. don't even talk to him anymore. Only good boys now :wub:

I've never not played with a buzz. Once I get through a twelve pack of Kewrs Lites I slow down.

I've never not played with a buzz. Once I get through a twelve pack of Kewrs Lites I slow down.

ok Andre the Giant

So the science according to that video says no difference in your game and you have more fun. Win-win.

ok Andre the Giant

Me-14<Andre-102. No contest.

A guy I used to play golf with had a gallon of Smirnoff vodka and a gallon of lemonade in his bag every time we played. Dickie Wicks. Played SS for the Boston Red Sox in the 60's or 70's. Lefty. We called him the Big Indian. He played great golf the drunker he became. He'd shake the cobwebs out and hit some of the greatest iron and chip shots ever. Big believer of drinking on the course. And smoking a pack of Marlboro Lites. Would give you three a side and win by ten. Great golfer the drunker he played.

I shoot the same with or without beer.

So I've learned to choose with.

If I play 18. I usually do 2 beers on the front 9. Then at the turn, I go for broke and catch up to everyone else.

If it's just 9 holes. F it. No need to pace myself here.