Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

To those with a son and a daughter

Like playing around MMA or they were brawling? If it was brawling that is completely understandable. Women do not get along with each other.

Full on brawl. Of course, neither are capable of really hurting each other. I tried to see how far they wanted to go, but I don't think they get it.

Both are boys.

I'm fine man. You are what you are. Maybe teach your kids better than you were. It's not your fault, but you can end the cycle.

Ha! I am fine in my own skin and I don't need to change my username.

Ha! I am fine in my own skin and I don't need to change my username.

Looks that way. You're a cool breeze.

When they are sleeping maybe lol. Actually my oldest is coming back around my youngest is checking her boundaries of attitude

You are on the wrong wavelength. tan is the new board pedo, or haven't you heard?

At least I am not a Recliner Pilot

This didn't last long, I thought maybe you had a little something to you. Now get in line behind the other boring morons.

This didn't last long, I thought maybe you had a little something to you. Now get in line behind the other boring morons.

You are just a sensitive man. It's ok these days.

You are just a sensitive man. It's ok these days.

Zzzzzz. I like you though, you remind me of me when I was younger and a big Union guy. But I never quite bought into the libtard nonsense end of it. It was all business to me. But once I saw unions down with the likes of BLM I was done with them. You've gone full libtard.

Zzzzzz. I like you though, you remind me of me when I was younger and a big Union guy. But I never quite bought into the libtard nonsense end of it. It was all business to me. But once I saw unions down with the likes of BLM I was done with them. You've gone full libtard.

Hah. Not all unions are created equal. I am in a trade union. There is a difference. And then I am a 597 pipefitter. I would say we a pretty exceptional overall

Hah. Not all unions are created equal. I am in a trade union. There is a difference. And then I am a 597 pipefitter. I would say we a pretty exceptional overall

I was in a trade union at one time. They weren't down with the far left garbage, but you seem to buy the whole thing. It's a big reason people hate unions now. It wasnt always that way. I remember when I was a kid going to my dads Union picnics and baseball outings. Now you guys are right in lock step with Al Sharpton and the bathroom brigade. Shame

I am a father, not a friend. Lesson over.

Agree on this.

My brother has two kids. A boy (15) from a prior relationship and a girl (9) by his wife.

They are both super hard on the boy.

But my sister in law calls the girl her "mini me." They spoil her focking rotten. She has everything, way more than the boy gets.

The girl can be a rotten little brat sometimes. People give her gifts and she turns her nose up and whines that it isn't enough.

Once I was babysitting her. She said she wanted something. I ignored her. She started yelling "I want whatever."

I got down on one knee, looked her in the eye and said "sweetie, I don't care what you want. Now be quiet."

Her eyes got huge. Ten minutes later I got an angry text from the sister in law, which I ignored. My brother never said anything. I don't babysit much anymore.

I was in a trade union at one time. They weren't down with the far left garbage, but you seem to buy the whole thing. It's a big reason people hate unions now. It wasnt always that way. I remember when I was a kid going to my dads Union picnics and baseball outings. Now you guys are right in lock step with Al Sharpton and the bathroom brigade. Shame

God damn. Fock off and take your political libtard bashing crap to a thread That it would be remotely relevant to. We have several dozen going.

Which trade?

Agree on this.

My brother has two kids. A boy (15) from a prior relationship and a girl (9) by his wife.

They are both super hard on the boy.

But my sister in law calls the girl her "mini me." They spoil her focking rotten. She has everything, way more than the boy gets.

The girl can be a rotten little brat sometimes. People give her gifts and she turns her nose up and whines that it isn't enough.

Once I was babysitting her. She said she wanted something. I ignored her. She started yelling "I want whatever."

I got down on one knee, looked her in the eye and said "sweetie, I don't care what you want. Now be quiet."

Her eyes got huge. Ten minutes later I got an angry text from the sister in law, which I ignored. My brother never said anything. I don't babysit much anymore.

I don't think there is any need to be hard on kids. I also will never spoil them and would be mortified if they acted like that to anyone.

I don't think there is any need to be hard on kids. I also will never spoil them.

if we knew the "correct" answer on this, we could write the book and ca$h in.

But I agree with this approach - the wold is going to do its best to be hard on your kids, tell them they can't, keep them down, etc.

As a parent, my job is to guide them... sometimes gently, sometimes firmly... but always a a guide/guardian/caretaker that helps them find who/what they want to do/be and facilitates a path towards it... parents who are "hard on" their kids are often just riding the kid's ass b/c it makes parenting easier if you kid is simply afraid to piss you off - and to me, this approach doesn't really help them grow... it just helps them obey... and while respecting authority and rules are important, I don't want my kids' strongest trait to be that they "obey".

I talk to my kids a lot about decision making and about having an idea in their minds of who they want to be... how they want to be... and what they want their "story" to be... do you want to be the kid that does "A" or "B"... because in the end, you really can't "Control" them or anyone else... they will eventually do whatever the fock they want whether it's at 12, 15, 18, or 25... you have to give them the mindset to decide for themselves who and how to be.

My boy is 17. The girls are 15 and 11. I try to treat them as equally as possible, but each has personality traits that require different handling. I only come down "heavy" on them when I think they are making stupid decisions or are disrespectful towards someone who deserves respect. If you are just now learning of the sex of the baby, you have plenty of time to figure this out...and you will figure it out. Just make sure that there is a consistent message coming from both parents.

My wife was more the disciplinarian, she was better at it to honest about it. I pretty much told my kids as long as they got A's in school and didn't pick on weaklings I didn't care what they did. We had no idea what we were doing at first but everything seemed to work out. Proud parent here.