Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Brandon Jacobs to the 49ers

(Rotoworld) ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers have agreed to terms with Brandon Jacobs, formerly of the Giants. Analysis: Jacobs is joining Randy Moss and former Giants teammate Mario Manningham as offensive additions in San Francisco. The 49ers will remain a run-dominant offense, with Jacobs perhaps handling the majority of the short-yardage and goal-line work, putting a dent in Frank Gore's fantasy value. Should Gore miss time, though, the more explosive Kendall Hunter would remain the back to own. Anthony Dixon appears to be the odd man out of the backfield picture.

Not sure what to make of this. Isn't Gore better at short yardage than Jacobs in the first place?

(Rotoworld) ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers have agreed to terms with Brandon Jacobs, formerly of the Giants. Analysis: Jacobs is joining Randy Moss and former Giants teammate Mario Manningham as offensive additions in San Francisco. The 49ers will remain a run-dominant offense, with Jacobs perhaps handling the majority of the short-yardage and goal-line work, putting a dent in Frank Gore's fantasy value. Should Gore miss time, though, the more explosive Kendall Hunter would remain the back to own. Anthony Dixon appears to be the odd man out of the backfield picture.

Not sure what to make of this. Isn't Gore better at short yardage than Jacobs in the first place?

Gore is an overpaid oft injured nancy.

I don't think Jacobs has all that much left but you can't have too many running backs.

Decent move for the 49ers and it takes away from a rival.

I don't think Jacobs has all that much left but you can't have too many running backs.

Decent move for the 49ers and it takes away from a rival.

Yeah, not a bad move. I'd still like to see Hunter get more touches.

Does this make D.J. Ware the #2 RB for the Giants now?

No, it makes Bradshaw the #2, behind Jonathan Stewart, who the Gmen are going to trade one of their DL for... :ninja:

No, it makes Bradshaw the #2, behind Jonathan Stewart, who the Gmen are going to trade one of their DL for... :ninja:

perhaps indeed. You called the Tolbert to Carolina thread, and what is Stewart's trade value. Maybe you have a leg up on news being from Charlotte? I really don't think Bradshaw can hold up as a feature back for the whole season. D.J. Ware is a pretty stout guy at 215lbs entering his 6th year I do believe. Why not give him the chance and keep a deep roster on the d-line? Or is Stewart that much better?

perhaps indeed. You called the Tolbert to Carolina thread, and what is Stewart's trade value. Maybe you have a leg up on news being from Charlotte? I really don't think Bradshaw can hold up as a feature back for the whole season. D.J. Ware is a pretty stout guy at 215lbs entering his 6th year I do believe. Why not give him the chance and keep a deep roster on the d-line? Or is Stewart that much better?

Stewart is THAT much better than Bradshaw at this point in their careers... Bradshaw makes a good #2, but Stewart is a complete RB. Stewart is a 25 year old RB, without too much wear and tear, a 4.8 ypc average, and who can catch the ball out of the backfield (47 recs last year). Who wouldn't want him as a #1 if the price was right?

Plus, hasn't Umenyiura been disgruntled in NYG for awhile now because he doesn't like being 2nd string to JPP and wants a bigger role?

I don't actually see it happening, but i think it could be a good scenario for both sides.

You people are on crack. Bradshaw is by far a more complete back then Stewart.

You people are on crack. Bradshaw by far has more cracks in his foot then Stewart can count.

fixed:)

You people are on crack. Bradshaw is by far a more complete back then Stewart.

really? that's interesting considering neither their stats, nor their on the field performance show that... neither does the fact that Bradshaw is 40 lbs lighter and was never a primary option at the GL.

plus Bradshaw has played 1 complete season in his 5 year career. Stewart missed 2 games in 2010, and no other games in his 4 year career.

Back to the original point of the thread.

I own Kendall hunter in a dynasty league, and I was glad when I heard that the niners signed jacobs. If Hunter cannot beat out jacobs for playing time behind gore than we know that Hunter is going the way of leon washington. Also if gore goes down and Jacobs gets more touches this also means that Hunter has no future as a feature back.

This will allow me as a dynasty owner to accurately gauge Hunters value by the end of this season.

I am pretty sure Hunter has the talent to beat out Jacobs.

really? that's interesting considering neither their stats, nor their on the field performance show that... neither does the fact that Bradshaw is 40 lbs lighter and was never a primary option at the GL.

plus Bradshaw has played 1 complete season in his 5 year career. Stewart missed 2 games in 2010, and no other games in his 4 year career.

None of this has anything to do with who is the more complete back.

Watch football instead of reading stats. Injury history is irrelevant.

None of this has anything to do with who is the more complete back.

Watch football instead of reading stats. Injury history is irrelevant.

This comment makes it sound like you either can't read, or you just repeat essentially the same thing that had just been said to you as a way to try to act smarter...

The first paragraph that you quoted clearly states on the field performance and also notes the fact that Bradshaw gets yanked at the goalline while Stewart stays in. So how is Bradshaw the more complete back if he isn't a red zone option? How is Bradshaw a more complete back when Stewart catches the ball just as well if not better? If Bradshaw is a more complete back, and you want to discount injury history, why is he on the field a smaller percentage of the time when DWil is also a better back than Jacobs was?

Seriously where's on shred of evidence to point to Bradshaw being a more complete back? You've obviously never watched a CAR game, or very few and are just completely talking out of your arse... I'm certain next you'll try to be spouting off that Eli is more mobile than Cam or something else just as stupid...

This comment makes it sound like you either can't read, or you just repeat essentially the same thing that had just been said to you as a way to try to act smarter...

The first paragraph that you quoted clearly states on the field performance and also notes the fact that Bradshaw gets yanked at the goalline while Stewart stays in. So how is Bradshaw the more complete back if he isn't a red zone option? How is Bradshaw a more complete back when Stewart catches the ball just as well if not better? If Bradshaw is a more complete back, and you want to discount injury history, why is he on the field a smaller percentage of the time when DWil is also a better back than Jacobs was?

Seriously where's on shred of evidence to point to Bradshaw being a more complete back? You've obviously never watched a CAR game, or very few and are just completely talking out of your arse... I'm certain next you'll try to be spouting off that Eli is more mobile than Cam or something else just as stupid...

Your argument is pretty weak considering Stewart is a part time player who doesn't start.

Goal line situations lol.. Stewart has 6 rushing TD's over the last 2 seasons.

Your argument is pretty weak considering Stewart is a part time player who doesn't start.

Goal line situations lol.. Stewart has 6 rushing TD's over the last 2 seasons.

Thank you for continuing to prove my point. Stewart is in a timeshare (which I stated first), but so is Bradshaw. At least Stewart is in a timeshare with a back with some skill and ability.

As for Stewart's rushing TDs over the last two seasons, nice way to try to sore the facts. Facts like CAM stole all of the GL carries last year while Stewart was still the RB in the game. facts like CARs entire offense was anemic in 2010 due to the owner docking the team and fans over. Facts like you've obviously never watch CAR games to know what actually happens. Facts like Stewart's first two years in the league he actually put up solid TD numbers. Facts like Bradshaw's TD numbers aren't any better... In Fact, the two have the exact same number of rushing TDs and receiving TDs in their careers and Stewart has played one less season.

And keep dancing around the question of what shred of evidence do you have to point to Bradshaw being a more complete back...

wow... Reality is getting a reality check... can you say pwned? :overhead:

Thank you for continuing to prove my point. Stewart is in a timeshare (which I stated first), but so is Bradshaw. At least Stewart is in a timeshare with a back with some skill and ability.

As for Stewart's rushing TDs over the last two seasons, nice way to try to sore the facts. Facts like CAM stole all of the GL carries last year while Stewart was still the RB in the game. facts like CARs entire offense was anemic in 2010 due to the owner docking the team and fans over. Facts like you've obviously never watch CAR games to know what actually happens. Facts like Stewart's first two years in the league he actually put up solid TD numbers. Facts like Bradshaw's TD numbers aren't any better... In Fact, the two have the exact same number of rushing TDs and receiving TDs in their careers and Stewart has played one less season.

And keep dancing around the question of what shred of evidence do you have to point to Bradshaw being a more complete back...

So Stewart allegedly being in the game while Cam runs the ball into the endzone is your proof of Stewart being the better all around back. LoL, awesome.

I've seen both play plenty. When Bradshaw is healthy he was clearly the Giants feature back, this has never been the case for Stewart. It's absurd to argue otherwise.

wow... Reality is getting a reality check... can you say pwned? :overhead:

Clearly

:rolleyes:

So Stewart allegedly being in the game while Cam runs the ball into the endzone is your proof of Stewart being the better all around back. LoL, awesome.

I've seen both play plenty. When Bradshaw is healthy he was clearly the Giants feature back, this has never been the case for Stewart. It's absurd to argue otherwise.

haha this guy still can't provide any evidence of Bradshaw being a "more complete back", but still wants to claim it and refute stats and facts... this place is always hilarious and full of characters in the offseason... :banana:

Jacobs won't be stealing many goal line opportunities. Gore is a tank that is always getting extra tough yards the way he runs. Plus, I don't think Jacobs is a good goal line runner though it looks like he should be.

Looks like a pure depth move to me. When Gore is healthy, I can't see Jacobs getting many touches if any.

haha this guy still can't provide any evidence of Bradshaw being a "more complete back", but still wants to claim it and refute stats and facts... this place is always hilarious and full of characters in the offseason... :banana:

Maybe the argument is Bradshaw is more complete because he was drafted in the 7th round instead of the 1st and has had to work harder to become a starter. :dunno: but I'm certain we'll never see any facts as to how Bradshaw is a more complete RB. He couldn't even put up better stats than Stewart while playing on a much better offense, and a team that's won 2 SBs...

Looks like a pure depth move to me. When Gore is healthy, I can't see Jacobs getting many touches if any.

Exactly. The 49ers found someone to compete with DIXON, not Gore or Hunter. And he was cheap.