Sign in to follow this  
Col Hogan

Do you have fantasy football secrets that you don't share on the board? or to anyone?

Im in a 16 team dyansty league. Do the math, each team needs 2 qb's for the bye week and/or injury. There are 2 teams with only 1 starter. 2 teams with 3 starters and they are holding those qb's for ransome!. The one team that has only 1 qb has the 1.04 and unfortuantely will have to use that pick on Winston or Mariotta. Otherwise he is back in the same old pridicament.

I would much rather trade that 1.04 for someone like big ben and some change. Relying on those 2 qbs is cringe worthy.

I'll pay pal you $5 for it. google doc or excel format

The spreadsheet is available online already. All you have to do is input the projected stats you like. You may also have to do a little tweaking to some of the formulas to match your leagues scoring but there are instructions on how to do it. I can't take credit for the spreadsheet since someone else created it and posted it on another forum.

I got it from this thread, http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=355316 ZidaneValor is to credit for the spreadsheet, I just input my updated stats every year.

• Like 2

Pretty much rule no.1 in the handbook for advanced fantasy football play is to never carry more than 2qbs on your roster at the very most. They are too easy to pluck off the wire and fill holes. Plus thats taking up spots that could be lottery ticket rbs or wrs that outright win your league single handedly. "Eh I could take this injured rookie bum Odel Beckham, or I could take a terrible backup qb that I could just find on the wire. Hmmm."

Think Mcflys, think!

I completely agree with you. I have never been in a league where a guy had more than two QBs and won. You're just wasting resources by doing that unless you're in a league that can start two QBs.

One year in an auction I got Brady and Kaepernick because they were really cheap. I didn't really want to spend the money on a second QB but thought I could buy low and sell high. Both QBs had average years and no one wanted to entertain any trades that were worth a crap. I told myself I would never do that again. I'll take one good QB and one risky QB, sometimes I won't even draft a backup. Last year I got Luck and did not draft a backup. I loaded up on other positions and took the best QB available on Luck's bye week.

I completely agree with you. I have never been in a league where a guy had more than two QBs and won.

And Ive never been in a league where a guy won and had Teddy Bridgewater as his starting QB.

And Ive never been in a league where a guy won and had Teddy Bridgewater as his starting QB.

Why the hell would anyone have Bridgewater as their starting QB? All you need is a top 10 QB with a marginal backup like Cutler or Eli. Why have a third or fourth QB taking up roster spots?

Why the hell would anyone have Bridgewater as their starting QB? All you need is a top 10 QB with a marginal backup like Cutler or Eli. Why have a third or fourth QB taking up roster spots?

Top 10 QBs get hurt too. (See Peyton Manning) If every owner in a 12 team league drafts 2 QBs, there's 24 gone. If your backup was Cutler, Dalton, or Eli last year...You were fukked. All Im saying is if you are fortunate enough to have a couple extra solid backup QBs in a 6pt per TD league, you are better off pulling a mid/ late season trade with a solid QB than u are with an Andre Brown/ Brandin Oliver type player. I don't know any league winners who had cutler or Eli on their championship squad either.

Cover for a injury and or to use for trade bait . I have made some really great trades with a third or forth QB for a much better than Handcuff RB or a WR that you see sit on your bench all season , to then have that season end and wondering why you kept him .

Cover for a injury and or to use for trade bait . I have made some really great trades with a third or forth QB for a much better than Handcuff RB or a WR that you see sit on your bench all season , to then have that season end and wondering why you kept him .

What kind of draft are we talking about here? Are we talking about a snake draft? If so, what QBs are you taking in front of what players? To use this strategy you'd have to draft a QB in one of the first 4 rounds, then next three rounds then one more in the final rounds. Are you also a person that likes to have a back up TE? I know most people like to have a back up TE and so do I. It makes sense in my league because I can start a second TE as a Flex. It just seems like you skip over some talent with this strategy.

Now, if it's an auction draft then everything is different. You can go after any QB then.

What kind of draft are we talking about here? Are we talking about a snake draft? If so, what QBs are you taking in front of what players? To use this strategy you'd have to draft a QB in one of the first 4 rounds, then next three rounds then one more in the final rounds. Are you also a person that likes to have a back up TE? I know most people like to have a back up TE and so do I. It makes sense in my league because I can start a second TE as a Flex. It just seems like you skip over some talent with this strategy.

Now, if it's an auction draft then everything is different. You can go after any QB then.

In four leagues , two of them are auction drafts

In four leagues , two of them are auction drafts

Auction is the way to go. My worst year was when I got Brady and Kaepernick. It didn't help that they both had mediocre seasons that year. I really didn't want either of them but new Brady is always consistent and Kaepernick could put up big numbers. Figured one would be great trade bait, boy did that back fire.

Last year a guy in my league spent half his money on two QBs. I thought it was ridiculous. He did end up trading one of them away but it took a while and I can't remember who he got. He didn't finish the season well.

I have no issues getting two great QBs if the price is right but I struggle putting a third on my team. I suppose if all three were top 12 QBs it could work out to make a decent trade at some point.

Auction is the way to go. My worst year was when I got Brady and Kaepernick. It didn't help that they both had mediocre seasons that year. I really didn't want either of them but new Brady is always consistent and Kaepernick could put up big numbers. Figured one would be great trade bait, boy did that back fire.

Last year a guy in my league spent half his money on two QBs. I thought it was ridiculous. He did end up trading one of them away but it took a while and I can't remember who he got. He didn't finish the season well.

I have no issues getting two great QBs if the price is right but I struggle putting a third on my team. I suppose if all three were top 12 QBs it could work out to make a decent trade at some point.

It has worked out for me .

In all my existence I've never been in a re-draft league where someone has had more than two quarterbacks on their roster and someone traded for one of them, particularly if they're as you say, "better than a handcuff RB or a WR". Please give us an example of the three to four quarterbacks you'd have in this situation because already I'm envisioning a league full of fish. Additionally, the size of the bench comes into play.

Everyone in my leagues knows though: If you're going to waste your bench spots with extra quarterbacks, have fun wasting points on your bench. Eventually you're going to have to drop one of them in order to adjust to injuries/bye weeks/under-performing stars that are too good for the WW.

• Like 2

In all my existence I've never been in a re-draft league where someone has had more than two quarterbacks on their roster and someone traded for one of them, particularly if they're as you say, "better than a handcuff RB or a WR". Please give us an example of the three to four quarterbacks you'd have in this situation because already I'm envisioning a league full of fish. Additionally, the size of the bench comes into play.

Everyone in my leagues knows though: If you're going to waste your bench spots with extra quarterbacks, have fun wasting points on your bench. Eventually you're going to have to drop one of them in order to adjust to injuries/bye weeks/under-performing stars that are too good for the WW.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Most leagues I'm in only have 6 bench spots. Generally I use those spots for one back up QB, one back up TE and the rest are RBs and WRs. That's only four RBs and WRs. Now, if you add another QB now you're down to three spots for RBs and WRs.

You could get rid of the extra TE but for me he's more valuable since in my league I can actually start a second TE as a Flex. Having any more than one QB on my team just takes up valuable bench spots.

• Like 1

I have three to four QBS on my teams every season . Three of it's a six bench spots and I have done four if I have seven . It works great for me . Sorry you don't like the way I set my teams , but it works for me . It's not for everybody .

I have three to four QBS on my teams every season . Three of it's a six bench spots and I have done four if I have seven . It works great for me . Sorry you don't like the way I set my teams , but it works for me . It's not for everybody .

I'm glad it works for you. That's all that really matters. Everyone's league is different so I can't tell anyone what to do. I just know it wouldn't work well in most of my leagues because we don't trade as much. In a league of guys that love to trade I could see it working better.

Last year I drafted a ton of great WRs and and figured I could trade one away if they all did well. I did end up trading Golden Tate but it was a bad move for me because I got Sankey for him. I wasn't using Tate and was hoping Sankey would come on strong to finish the season. Epic fail. I still had great starting WRs though.

• Like 1

Will when I person drafts one Qb and let's say later on the draft he will at some need either a upgrade or a replacement due to bye week or injury . So I have the answer for that person when they need a good QB . I did not always do it that way but started doing so when it would happen to me . Started taking two then three and it worked more then not because sometime in a 13 week season someone wil need QB help . Works for me and again it's not for everyone .

Will when I person drafts one Qb and let's say later on the draft he will at some need either a upgrade or a replacement due to bye week or injury . So I have the answer for that person when they need a good QB . I did not always do it that way but started doing so when it would happen to me . Started taking two then three and it worked more then not because sometime in a 13 week season someone wil need QB help . Works for me and again it's not for everyone .

When I have a great starting QB and the bye week comes up I just take the best available FA and use him rather than trade away a player for a QB I'm only going to use once. Now, if my QB got injured I would then look for a trade.

When I have a great starting QB and the bye week comes up I just take the best available FA and use him rather than trade away a player for a QB I'm only going to use once. Now, if my QB got injured I would then look for a trade.

There you go . See your way does not work for me . Like my way does not work for you . So it's all good . Button line we both do what we feel is best for us to Win .

There you go . See your way does not work for me . Like my way does not work for you . So it's all good . Button line we both do what we feel is best for us to Win .

I agree. Not everyone's strategy works for everyone else. No harm with that.

I'm interested in this button line. Do the titties come out after it's been crossed?

• Like 1

This is why I'm insistent that your league(s) are full of fish. If this is a repetitive strategy on your end and other teams are not adjusting to you, they likely would have better luck at fantasy basketweaving. Not a slight against you and if I could do it and take advantage of the competition every year I would, but the more competitive the league, the more it seemingly mirrors poker, where league owners adjust to the strategy or strategies that caused success in the past. Especially during the draft.

For instance, someone that drafts Andrew Luck this season might not draft a backup quarterback since they'd be waiting till Week 10 for the one-time use of a player. By that time, most leagues have past their trade deadline. Additionally, the teams that are out of contention, barring a toilet bowl with incentive, shouldn't be trading regardless.

I'm just curious though of an example of one of these trades. If you're trading late value QBs like Teddy Bridgewater for an Michael Floyd last year...that makes sense that it might bolster depth for each team.

But if you're drafting Rodgers, Stafford, and Foles and people are willing to give you extra value rather than force your hand into a tough roster decision....

This is why I'm insistent that your league(s) are full of fish. If this is a repetitive strategy on your end and other teams are not adjusting to you, they likely would have better luck at fantasy basketweaving. Not a slight against you and if I could do it and take advantage of the competition every year I would, but the more competitive the league, the more it seemingly mirrors poker, where league owners adjust to the strategy or strategies that caused success in the past. Especially during the draft.

For instance, someone that drafts Andrew Luck this season might not draft a backup quarterback since they'd be waiting till Week 10 for the one-time use of a player. By that time, most leagues have past their trade deadline. Additionally, the teams that are out of contention, barring a toilet bowl with incentive, shouldn't be trading regardless.

I'm just curious though of an example of one of these trades. If you're trading late value QBs like Teddy Bridgewater for an Michael Floyd last year...that makes sense that it might bolster depth for each team.

But if you're drafting Rodgers, Stafford, and Foles and people are willing to give you extra value rather than force your hand into a tough roster decision....

Last season it worked out for me . I had Manning Rivers and Flacco. The other team had Brady . And he called me because Brady in the first few games last season was not looking all that great . Will he also has Ingram from the Saints . I needed a RB and I took a shot traded Flacco for a injured Ingram and it worked out good. Ingram went down week two if I recall and that week we traded he wanted a QB because Brady was not looking so hot and Ingram went down so I took his injured player for my third QB .

When I first started to keep three QB was after the 1993 season . I draft Marino and a back up named Cunningham . Lost both them on the same weekend . That was the first time Marino missed games due to injury . Like I said I like doing it and sometimes it works and sometimes you and QB sitting on the bench . But I like that system it has worked for me .

Weather matters, especially for QBs, WRs, DEFs, and Ks.

Do you want a kicker playing in a monsoon or in a dome? I'm constantly amazed that my opponents don't check this stuff.

Do you want a kicker playing in a monsoon or in a dome? I'm constantly amazed that my opponents don't check this stuff.

Lol agree something so little and easy to check .

You actually research kickers?

Like...in any way shape or form aside from tequila shots?

Cody Parkey last season made the team the final day of cuts...was an unknown aside from Eagles fans that saw him hit some bombs (40+) in preseason (which phased out dipstick). He was a top 5 kicker.

No one. No one. Does research on a focking kicker

• Like 1

Leverage league rules about scoring

Example: In the long ago past, a league I was in had mega kicker bonus points.FG under 35 were 3, under 51 were 5 and over were 7.

I had several season where I would draft the two best Kickers that could consistently kick at distance in the mid to late rounds. This usually to make up for subpar QB if I missed on getting them before they were gone. Nothing like having a kicker scoring like a QB to balance out a QB that is scoring like a kicker.

Those were the days.

Kicker Selection is dependent upon.

1. kicking on a team willing to score fg's

2. kicking on a team good enough to move the ball, not good enough to score td's.

3. consistency

4. kicking for distance, especialy if bonus for distances is involved.

A lot of the leagues I play in have done away with the kicker position altogether and the leagues are better for it.

I always wait till the end of a draft to get my kicker. I don't know many teams that have the same kicker the entire season anyway so why waste a higher pick on one. I just pick the kicker left that is on the team I think is going to score more points. A team that is going to get in the redzone more often is going to have a higher scoring kicker. It's really not worth putting too much thought into. You could easily just stream kickers all year. Same can go for defense.

A lot of the leagues I play in have done away with the kicker position altogether and the leagues are better for it.

Leagues I play in only count FG . And two of the. Only count FG longer than forty yards

Its tough to find the kicker that will be #1 any year since it always changes. Every other year or so there is 1 kicker who is a good amount of points over 2nd place, and then most other starters are within 2-3 ppg of each other.

It's just not worth putting too much thought into a kicker unless they have special scoring.

2/3 of my championship teams had Gostkowski last year. Was pretty much a lock for 8+ points a week which was huge. Otherwise, it's a crapshoot. Wait till the last round & stream on a weekly basis is the preferred method with the position.

I can't remember what kicker I drafted last year but he did just fine and when it was his bye week I picked up Matt Prater when he was picked up by the Lions. He did great for me. A great example of how it doesn't really matter. Just pick up the best kicker available at that time. There's always going to be a few kickers that put up some good points each week.

I needed a RB and I took a shot traded Flacco for a injured Ingram and it worked out good.

A. This is not an argument to carry multiple QBs. It is an argument to carry extra RBs. Also, you should learn the English language.

B. This thread title should be re-named fantasy football "common sense."

C. There is no C.

I've found the secret to fantasy football is to draft a kicker that is polish or has a polish sounding last name. Not that they are really great kickers, but they are good luck. If you are unable to draft a Pollock just add a "ski" to the end of the last name of the kicker you do draft and you should be covered.

I'm interested in this button line. Do the titties come out after it's been crossed?

usually just man boobs