Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Josh McDaniels likely to become coach of the Colts

After the playoffs per Ian rappaport

Quite awhile since having Luck is the only reason anyone would want that job.

Sounds like Patricia is gone as well, likely Detroit or new york

Quite awhile since having Luck is the only reason anyone would want that job.

Sorry, forgot the "LOL". Guess there's a lot of people who don't remember that McDaniels lost his last HC job in less than 2 seasons because he actively tried to trade his franchise QB for a backup... thence forced to actually trade him for Kyle Orton and draft Tim Tebow.

I'm thinking (actually hoping), McDaniels has learned from his past blunder.

I've seen both also, silly little game they play.

Will be impressed if Bill can pull more magic replacing both coordinators again

Sorry, forgot the "LOL". Guess there's a lot of people who don't remember that McDaniels lost his last HC job in less than 2 seasons because he actively tried to trade his franchise QB for a backup... thence forced to actually trade him for Kyle Orton and draft Tim Tebow.

I'm thinking (actually hoping), McDaniels has learned from his past blunder.

No one liked Cutler, because he was an as$, and Cassel had done well replacing Brady after his knee injury for McD. At the time it made sense that Josh would want his guy.

Fast forward several years and he was right; Cutler is a lockeroom chemistry killing turnover machine that no one save Adam Gase likes. That Casell busted might have been him going to other systems or maybe he just wasn't all that.

But more than anything eff smokin Jay Cutler.

• Like 1

No one liked Cutler, because he was an as$, and Cassel had done well replacing Brady after his knee injury for McD. At the time it made sense that Josh would want his guy.

Fast forward several years and he was right; Cutler is a lockeroom chemistry killing turnover machine that no one save Adam Gase likes. That Casell busted might have been him going to other systems or maybe he just wasn't all that.

But more than anything eff smokin Jay Cutler.

I don't think that's true, about Cutler back then. I could be wrong though, but I don't remember any negative thoughts towards him. Sure, he (McDaniels), would want his guy, but there must have been a more tactful way of going about it than the way he did. In the end, he did get his guy (Tebow), and was fired during that season. It was clear that his approach lost his players.

No, I don't think you can say that McDaniels was right. Cutler wasn't a "turnover machine" in Denver. In his first season as a starter, he threw 14 Int's... tied for 12th (w/ P. Manning), and 1 better than Rivers. Yeah, the following year he was 2nd, but he only threw 1 more than Brees. Considering that he threw the 2nd most passes in the league that year, I can see that as a reasonable out come of a 2nd year starter... and something that a good coach would have been able to address. He also completed around 62% of his passes each of those years. Cutler showed a lot of potential.

I also don't think you can say McDaniels was right either. Cutler was a pretty solid QB virtually his whole career with garbage coaching (under Lovie Smith), where as Cassell only had 1 solid year as a starter. With bad coaching under Lovie Smith, the Bears were .500 with Cutler. I think a team with good coaching could have won with Cutler as their QB.

I don't think that's true, about Cutler back then. I could be wrong though, but I don't remember any negative thoughts towards him. Sure, he (McDaniels), would want his guy, but there must have been a more tactful way of going about it than the way he did. In the end, he did get his guy (Tebow), and was fired during that season. It was clear that his approach lost his players.

No, I don't think you can say that McDaniels was right. Cutler wasn't a "turnover machine" in Denver. In his first season as a starter, he threw 14 Int's... tied for 12th (w/ P. Manning), and 1 better than Rivers. Yeah, the following year he was 2nd, but he only threw 1 more than Brees. Considering that he threw the 2nd most passes in the league that year, I can see that as a reasonable out come of a 2nd year starter... and something that a good coach would have been able to address. He also completed around 62% of his passes each of those years. Cutler showed a lot of potential.

I also don't think you can say McDaniels was right either. Cutler was a pretty solid QB virtually his whole career with garbage coaching (under Lovie Smith), where as Cassell only had 1 solid year as a starter. With bad coaching under Lovie Smith, the Bears were .500 with Cutler. I think a team with good coaching could have won with Cutler as their QB.

I'm with Ralphster on this one. Everybody likes the thought of what Jay Cutler can do for you until you actually get Jay Cutler doing it. Stats can be deceiving, much of Cutler's career production has come during games where he has already blown up any chance of winning.

Cutler has the Sadim touch...................that's King Midas in reverse........ everything he touches turns to s**t!

I suspect the players in the huddle know that no matter how much they are up or down, Cutler will find a way to lose by the time the 4th quarter rolls.

• Like 1

I'm with Ralphster on this one. Everybody likes the thought of what Jay Cutler can do for you until you actually get Jay Cutler doing it. Stats can be deceiving, much of Cutler's career production has come during games where he has already blown up any chance of winning.

Cutler has the Sadim touch...................that's King Midas in reverse........ everything he touches turns to s**t!

I suspect the players in the huddle know that no matter how much they are up or down, Cutler will find a way to lose by the time the 4th quarter rolls.

That's because you're looking at it in hindsight and not from a 2008 perspective. Cutler was coming off a season where after 2 years of starting he was arguably a top 10-15 QB in the NFL with more upside/potential on the way. Had McDaniel come in and coached him instead of trying to replace him with a player with less talent and potential, both Cutler and McDaniel could've had better career's. In the end, McDaniel didn't even last 2 seasons while Cutler lasted another 9 more... and Cutlers did it with bad and inconsistent coaching virtually the whole time. To me, that looks like Cutler was right and McDaniels was wrong.

How long after he signs will it take him to look into trading Andrew Luck?

As soon as Tebow commits to playing for the Colts.