Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

2018 Rookie Ranks

For those who think its okay to sit out the bowl game i hope you didnt have kids.

Does it really matter how gifted these players are if they end up in Cleveland

One other thing. IMO, Darnold is highly overrated.

We all were impressed by his late-season heroics last season, but I must be honest and admit that he has not looked like an NFL caliber QB this year. Sure, he makes an occasional throw that makes you say....wow! However, he is a turn-over machine, and simply wilts under pressure.

Maybe he can get coached up at the next level.......but I am marking him off of my draft list. If he was smart, he would avoid the Browns (where he might make Kizer look like Brady), and spend another year trying to improve his game at the collegiate level.

Gonna have to move Texas A&M WR Christian Kirk up my board.

This kid is dynamic....seriously fellers, reminds me of a young A. Brown. He does it all.....even returning kicks.

Not only did he play in his bowl game, but he dominated. Got banged up one time.....looked bad, but hopped up as they were bring the cart out, and was in again the next series. I like that kind of courage and heart.

I worry that he's more Tavon Austin, than Brown.

I think I saw earlier that you love, Love. My concern with him is his running ability up the middle. I think he's alot like Mccaffery from last year. The couple panther games I did see this season, he was a no go between the tackles.

Both extremely dynamic in open space.

I worry that he's more Tavon Austin, than Brown.

I think I saw earlier that you love, Love. My concern with him is his running ability up the middle. I think he's alot like Mccaffery from last year. The couple panther games I did see this season, he was a no go between the tackles.

Both extremely dynamic in open space.

Yeah.....always been a sucker for the high-upside guys.

there is a name that will surpass at least half of those names on that original list. The guy who lead the nation in total yards by over 900, a guy who is electric in the backfield, and the return game, a guy who has good ball skills, is a big body and is quick

Rashaad Penny

mark it down

there is a name that will surpass at least half of those names on that original list. The guy who lead the nation in total yards by over 900, a guy who is electric in the backfield, and the return game, a guy who has good ball skills, is a big body and is quick

Rashaad Penny

mark it down

Led by over 900 total yards? He had like 2200 total yards which is big, but that doesn't lead by 900.

Heck, I'm looking at a guy named Ito Smith out of Southern Miss who had 1700 last year. Total sleeper. One concern for this guy is that he had about 500 carries and 80 catches over the past two years in college.

I usually stay away from rookie WRs. They are just too hard to gauge on how they will handle the pros. Talented RBs usually can jump right in with the right team.

Yeah.....always been a sucker for the high-upside guys.

Saints gave us a pretty good blue print on how to use upside. I think Carolina did try to do the same. Just Jonathan Stewart isn't what he used to be.

I'm really curious to see what KC does next year. Maybe use Spencer Ware like Ingram, and Hunt like Kamara. Kamara might run less, but get more receptions. Both guys can stay fresher.

But I digress. I think that's how Love should be used. More of the complement back. Keep him on the outside to maximize his potential.

Led by over 900 total yards? He had like 2200 total yards which is big, but that doesn't lead by 900.

Heck, I'm looking at a guy named Ito Smith out of Southern Miss who had 1700 last year. Total sleeper. One concern for this guy is that he had about 500 carries and 80 catches over the past two years in college.

not to be a , but do you understand what total yards are?

he actually had 600 more total yards than Saquan

2200 rushing yards led the nation as well

he also had 7 return td's in his career

hes a weapon

Rashaad Penny

mark it down

You mean Elijhaa Penny?

JK...I'm all in on Rashaad Penny. He is gonna be something special at the next level.... and, thankfully, he doesn't have the name recognition in fantasy circles, so could be a great value. In fact, I have him just below Barkley and Love, right in the Kerryon Johnson/Nick Chubb/Sony Michel range.

Gonna watch Guice pretty close in the Citrus Bowl (and I applaud him for playing). Wasn't as impressed with Ronald Jones last night as I had hoped. Moved him down a bit.

You mean Elijhaa Penny?

JK...I'm all in on Rashaad Penny. He is gonna be something special at the next level.... and, thankfully, he doesn't have the name recognition in fantasy circles, so could be a great value. In fact, I have him just below Barkley and Love, right in the Kerryon Johnson/Nick Chubb/Sony Michel range.

Gonna watch Guice pretty close in the Citrus Bowl (and I applaud him for playing). Wasn't as impressed with Ronald Jones last night as I had hoped. Moved him down a bit.

Not a Jones fan. I like Freeman from Oregan that nobody had mentioned and look out for that kid from Northwestern who may not have measurable but just performs. Could be a nice change of pace nfl back

not to be a ######, but do you understand what total yards are?

he actually had 600 more total yards than Saquan

2200 rushing yards led the nation as well

he also had 7 return td's in his career

hes a weapon

Yeah, I accidently put 2200 instead of including his massive 135 yards receiving. Which doesn't put him up by 900.

But I guess you include kick return yards? How many starting RBs in the NFL are returning kicks as an additional role every game of the year?

Ito Smith has 1400 rushing and 400 receiving on 40 catches.

All I'm saying is so what? Many guys get yards in college that they will never get in the NFL if they get drafted.

Yeah, I accidently put 2200 instead of including his massive 135 yards receiving. Which doesn't put him up by 900.

But I guess you include kick return yards? How many starting RBs in the NFL are returning kicks as an additional role every game of the year?

Ito Smith has 1400 rushing and 400 receiving on 40 catches.

All I'm saying is so what? Many guys get yards in college that they will never get in the NFL if they get drafted.

true but I watched ever game of his, for 1 SDSU doesn't dump off to the RB's but Penny is a very well rounded RB, hes my Kenyan Drake 2018 type guy

true but I watched ever game of his, for 1 SDSU doesn't dump off to the RB's but Penny is a very well rounded RB, hes my Kenyan Drake 2018 type guy

Cool. What's your take on why he is not ranked very high at this point in time? The conference?

Cool. What's your take on why he is not ranked very high at this point in time? The conference?

yep, plus the failure of Pumphrey (which was predicted because he only weighed 170 lbs)

honestly Penny was the best player in football this year, and should have at least been invited to the Heisman Dance

yep, plus the failure of Pumphrey (which was predicted because he only weighed 170 lbs)

honestly Penny was the best player in football this year, and should have at least been invited to the Heisman Dance

hmmm. interesting.

OK, quick look at his stats.

Can anyone esplain what happened in the Boise State game? Anyone watch it?

OK, quick look at his stats.

Can anyone esplain what happened in the Boise State game? Anyone watch it?

In what regard

You mean Elijhaa Penny?

Agreed, I currently have as my top 3 Barkley, Love, Penny. Barkley has a freakish amount of power (look up his youtube powerlifting vids) and is a very good receiver out of the backfield. Can't miss guy. I live in AZ so have seen plenty of Love and Penny. Love has breakaway speed and IMO is better between the tackles than implied earlier; reminds me of Jamaal Charles. Penny is 3rd only because he hasn't established himself as a receiver as much IMO.

How is Love perceived as bad between tackles. I dont see that at all. Have not seen Penny play live but his highlights are not impressive to me. He has big holes and runs thru them with enough speed to break away which will never happen in nfl with his speed. I dont see many moves that will help him in nfl.

A lot of Ron Dayne to his highlights just straight line holes or very deliberate drawn out moves to weave in traffic

IMHO, not that impressed with the first 2 RB on film, I like the following:

1. Ronald Jones II*, RB, USC
  2. Bryce Love*, RB, Stanford
  3. Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia

Lets see where thy get drafted :bandana:

In what regard

21 carries but only averaged 2.5 ypc.

Other worse perfomances were 4.3 and 4.6 (nothing to be ashamed of).

But when Boise played WSU that front of thiers dominated if I remember correctly.

So leads me to wonder if part of his success was against sub par run defenses. But I have no clue. Its just that an outlier like that without an explanation bothers me.

Michel and Chubb put on a show tonight in the Rose Bowl.

Indeed they did....am moving them ahead of Rashaad Penny and Kerryon Johnson, who was the SEC Offensive Player OTY, but looked really sluggish and unimpressive today.

Guice is also the real deal. Looked legit today.

Liking Barkley, Love, Chubb, Guice, Michel, Penny.....with the last 4 being about interchangeable at this point, and subject to change without notice.

Also, I believe Baker Mayfield may well be a better NFL QB than Darnold (who I am not sold on) and Rosen (who I am sold on, but like Mayfield's intangibles a bit better).

Mayfield, although he lost tonight, has the "it" factor. I hate his pompous attitude, but kid can flat-out ball.

In fact, here is my SUPER-BOLD prediction: Browns could rise to relevance in one year, if they draft Barkley at 1.01 and then follow that up with Mayfield at 1.04. Having Gordon back (and still young) and Coleman with another year under his belt.....with Mayfield slinging the rock and Barkley keeping defenses honest, sky is the limit......theoretically.

Nice to be in the offseason again...

I traded into this year after dealing with some significant injuries from last year. Consequently I have 1.01, 1.04, 1.10 in our rookie draft.

Would anybody trade 1.01 for a signfificant haul if Barkley is taken by the Browns? What would it take to get 1.01 this year if you own it?

I haven't seen Courtland Sutton mentioned much. I really like this kid, and have thought about taking him early depending on landing spot.

Would anybody trade 1.01 for a signfificant haul if Barkley is taken by the Browns?

Not a chance. Sanders did pretty well in Detroit.

• Like 1

New year, same bored. Oddly comforting in a way.

Good call on wr Kirk Stoney. Agree about Darnold too.

Barkley will be the 1.01 in every dynasty league w a rookie only draft I'd imagine.

People are sleeping on Guice right now but that won't be the case for much longer.

Rojo/Chubb/Love round out my top 5 rookie rbs.

Highest pick I have across leagues is 1.03, hoping Guice will fall.

Not a chance. Sanders did pretty well in Detroit.

Yeah, pretty much what I am thinking. He looks pretty damn special. I've been hoping to get 1.01 since about week 5 now.