Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Indy TEs

No. Bonus for longer TDs. Its also non ppr.

Makes sense. I think Ebron has 9 TDs this year so far? That's big.

Not really in this case since Ebron is consistently scoring. With Doyle back hes still putting up numbers. If I had both Id be starting Ebron. Ebron is kinda like Blount for New England. Kept having consistent weeks not carrying the load. With potential boom weeks.

fair enough, but Doyle is out snapping him by a huge amount and that is ultimately what is driving me to Doyle. Last week was an anomaly for Ebron. No way it continues like that.

fair enough, but Doyle is out snapping him by a huge amount and that is ultimately what is driving me to Doyle. Last week was an anomaly for Ebron. No way it continues like that.

I just picked up Doyle. Now Im covered if one gets hurt. Im starting Ebron.

What this guy says:

"After a somewhat crazy week of fantasy football, I was brought to the realization that many fantasy football players are still too results-oriented in their reactions to what takes place on the field. The one that got under my skin in Week 10 was none other than the three-target, three-touchdown Eric Ebron.

There have been 60 top-12 tight ends over the last five years (because math, duh). Would you like to take a guess how many of them totaled 48 or less targets? Why are we using the number 48? Well, because Ebron has totaled six targets over the last two weeks, which comes to three per week, or 48 over a full season. You probably dont need me to tell you that thereve been zero tight ends whove accomplished that. In fact, theres been just three tight ends who snuck into the top-12 with less than 72 targets.

Yes, Andrew Luck is throwing touchdowns at an incredible rate, as is Russell Wilson. But heres a newsflash it wont continue. Tyler Lockett has caught a touchdown every 6.3 targets. That wont continue. Eric Ebron will not outproduce Jack Doyle over the rest of the season if their snaps/target totals remain the same theyve been over the last two weeks. Does that mean Ebron is useless? Absolutely not.

We need to understand that were playing a game that has a lot of volatility built into it and its our job to put ourselves in the best position to limit that volatility. How do we do that? By taking a look at the mean over historical numbers. This is known as process over results and its something that all smart fantasy football players should follow. I mean, its why were here, right?"

Jack Doyle is the one you want.

I hear ya Chrome but even in weeks 1-2 when Doyle played, Ebron got a TD. I just can help but think Ebron is an anomaly this year and might sniff 15 TDs. Im seriously considering starting both. It would be over E Sanders, T Boyd, M Mack. I just dont like Mack against Tenn.

I hear ya Chrome but even in weeks 1-2 when Doyle played, Ebron got a TD. I just can help but think Ebron is an anomaly this year and might sniff 15 TDs. Im seriously considering starting both. It would be over E Sanders, T Boyd, M Mack. I just dont like Mack against Tenn.

Isn't Tennessee #1 against TEs? I was leaning Burton over Doyle today.

Yes, Tennesee is best against TE, I am benching Doyle for Engram and it is an easy decision

Isn't Tennessee #1 against TEs? I was leaning Burton over Doyle today.

Possibly. They are up there but, to be fair, the TE's they've faced this year are all backups or cut-rate TE's. The only good TE they faced was Zach Ertz who dropped 10-112 on them in week 4.

So that number for the Titans is suspect, IMO. That's why I'm benching Vance McDonald for Doyle this week.

I did some quick digging and Tennesee has only faced 1 good TE all season as said above Ertz who was very good. That being said the mediocre to bad TE's they have faced they have totally and completely eliminated. They haven't let up a TE TD all season, and other than Ertz no one else even had 50 yards against them. I would stay away from that matchup if you have another option.

I did some quick digging and Tennesee has only faced 1 good TE all season as said above Ertz who was very good. That being said the mediocre to bad TE's they have faced they have totally and completely eliminated. They haven't let up a TE TD all season, and other than Ertz no one else even had 50 yards against them. I would stay away from that matchup if you have another option.

I'd love to have Doyle score a bunch of TD's, but if he puts up a stat like Ertz did then I'm not so tied to TDs as my league is 1/2 PPR. I also think that between Luck being absolutely on fire and Doyle being one of those "good" TE's we're talking about, I'm rolling with Doyle today. Vance McDonald is too hit or miss for me.

Let's compare notes at 3pm and see where were at. :cheers:

I posted this prior to the season and some people had some snarky things to say. Go figure. lol Eric Ebron is a stud of a pass catcher. He is ultra fast, and quick off the line. Detroit had no clue how to use him. Now he's with a HC who values the TE position. I traded for Ebron before the season and will continue to start him over Doyle. Doyle is a good TE, but he doesn't have the speed of Ebron. Luck has shown he's willing to throw the ball to a location and give Ebron the chance to go get it. Unless he's being covered by a Safety or Corner, he's much too fast for a linebacker. I expect them to utilize him more next season, but he's still my guy for the remainder of 2019 in the league I own him. Ignore his stats in Detroit. That's the city good draft picks go to die.

I'd love to have Doyle score a bunch of TD's, but if he puts up a stat like Ertz did then I'm not so tied to TDs as my league is 1/2 PPR. I also think that between Luck being absolutely on fire and Doyle being one of those "good" TE's we're talking about, I'm rolling with Doyle today. Vance McDonald is too hit or miss for me.

Let's compare notes at 3pm and see where were at. :cheers:

I can't blame you starting Doyle over McDonald, Jax has gotten lit by TE recently, but he isn't a top shelf option. Just looking at the Tenn box scores Teams attack the titans on the outside WR put up most of the stats. Doyle isn't anywhere near the same league as Ertz and has Ebron to deal with. I like doyle going forward, and he will be in my lineup starting next week but this week? No thanks...

Luck hands it off to Mack, who gives it to Ebron, who attempts a pass to Luck. Bad pass. Doh!

Tenn has a DB on Ebron if Im not mistaken

Any targets yet? Looks like, so far, ive chosen poorly.

I was down HUGE tonite and had Mahomes, Rams D and Legetron. I fought back and the game was decided by...picking Ebron over Doyle. I lost by 3.