Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Elliot six games

I will draft him in the 2nd round of my work league and watch him run wild.

:lol: while this makes me happy, you just gotta shake your head at this league. There is no rhyme or reason to these suspensions.

Total Focking Rip Off......and a way to make an example out of America's Team. Got to "even the playing field" to try to keep them from being too successful.

Though I know this makes most of you happy, how is this possibly fair in any way? How can a player not charged with a crime long BEFORE becoming an NFL player be punished????

Total Focking Rip Off......and a way to make an example out of America's Team. Got to "even the playing field" to try to keep them from being too successful.

Though I know this makes most of you happy, how is this possibly fair in any way? How can a player not charged with a crime long BEFORE becoming an NFL player be punished????

"America's team" :lol:

So NFL said they believed her and that Zeke couldn't prove that he DIDNT hit her. What kind of logic is that?

So NFL said they believed her and that Zeke couldn't prove that he DIDNT hit her. What kind of logic is that?

I'm personally okay with Zeke getting a suspension of some kind.. He's done enuff stupid ass things to warrant something. But 6 games? And like you said, since when did it become "guilty until proven innocent?" :huh:

Get ready Cowboys fans - this isn't over.. The bar fight incident has not even come up yet - expect Zeke to get suspended again.

NFL: Elliott violated personal conduct policy

In its letter explaining Zeke Elliott's six-game ban, the NFL cited Elliott's decision to expose a woman's breast on St. Patrick's Day a violation of the league's personal conduct policy.

However, the league explicitly states Elliott was not disciplined for this incident as part of his six-game ban. The six-game ban is tied entirely to 2016 allegations against Elliott for domestic abuse. This is a reminder that Elliott has committed multiple violations of league policy and will remain at risk of future discipline. He absolutely must begin walking a tightened rope.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Aug 11 - 2:00 PM

The NFL informed Ezekiel Elliott that "any additional violations" of the personal conduct policy "may result in your suspension or potential banishment."

It's a strong statement from the league after it discovered "substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that Elliott engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions" in July 2016. Elliott has continued to put himself in the wrong places at the wrong times since then and is walking a dangerous path if he doesn't get his act together. Any subsequent violation will likely event in a yearlong or indefinite suspension.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Aug 11 - 12:50 PM

I like how you're more upset that he got suspended than you are that he thinks it's OK to beat a woman... multiple times. I expect nothing less from Cowboys fans.

I saw they released some pictures of the girl. Dude bruised her up pretty bad. Any man that puts his hands on a woman like that doesn't deserve to be in the NFL at all. He should get the Ray Rice treatment, imo.

:lol: while this makes me happy, you just gotta shake your head at this league. There is no rhyme or reason to these suspensions.

Goodell is a turd.

• Like 1

I saw they released some pictures of the girl. Dude bruised her up pretty bad. Any man that puts his hands on a woman like that doesn't deserve to be in the NFL at all. He should get the Ray Rice treatment, imo.

Then how come he didn't get charged or even arrested? The last thing I want to do is defend this idiot but I find it amazing that the league can steal 560k from this guy with the same evidence that cops couldn't do with.

I like how you're more upset that he got suspended than you are that he thinks it's OK to beat a woman... multiple times. I expect nothing less from Cowboys fans.

I never said that, is there evidence that "he beat a woman"?

Ray Rice was seen on tape and arrested, and only got 2 games.

This is Circus act BS.

• Like 1

Goodell is a turd.

As well as a leftist tool

I don't know why charges weren't filed. From what I've seen, they should have been. Note that Ray Rice's charges were also dismissed. That doesn't mean that he didn't knock a woman out on focking camera.

After that whole debacle, Goodell (whom I'm not defending, because fock that guy) put in a policy that it's a 6 game suspension for first time offenders.

Quite frankly, I think the league is using the other issues to keep him from appealing. If he does appeal, I expect them to hit back with suspensions for the boobs thing and the fight.

• Like 1

I don't know why charges weren't filed. From what I've seen, they should have been. Note that Ray Rice's charges were also dismissed. That doesn't mean that he didn't knock a woman out on focking camera.

After that whole debacle, Goodell (whom I'm not defending, because fock that guy) put in a policy that it's a 6 game suspension for first time offenders.

Quite frankly, I think the league is using the other issues to keep him from appealing. If he does appeal, I expect them to hit back with suspensions for the boobs thing and the fight.

Right, the Rice situation was 100% different, so why bring it up? We KNEW Rice knocked out his fiance. There was no debating it. Zeke is involved in a he said/she said situation. He probably did something but I'm just more comfortable erring on the side of innocent until proven guilty.

Right, the Rice situation was 100% different, so why bring it up? We KNEW Rice knocked out his fiance. There was no debating it. Zeke is involved in a he said/she said situation. He probably did something but I'm just more comfortable erring on the side of innocent until proven guilty.

Spoken like a man with Zeke on his roster. :music_guitarred:

well said :thumbsup:

I'll never understand why the NFL or any sports league gets involved in police business. If he beat a woman he should be tried, convicted, jailed, made a prison biotch, whatever. I don't know what that process has to do with a sport. Sports should be concerned about integrity-of-the-game issues like gambling, PEDs, etc.

JMO. :dunno:

• Like 1

Spoken like a man with Zeke on his roster. :music_guitarred:

Nah, I haven't played FF in years. I just hate Goodell with a passion.

Have you seen the pictures of the girl? On multiple occasions? I mean, you're right, there's not a video of him doing it but there's not in most cases of domestic violence. I solidly believe this is a case where the star athlete got off light.

This is a guy set to be in the spotlight for the next decade. If you're the type of person to beat a woman, you should not have the opportunity for that spotlight.

I'll never understand why the NFL or any sports league gets involved in police business. If he beat a woman he should be tried, convicted, jailed, made a prison biotch, whatever. I don't know what that process has to do with a sport. Sports should be concerned about integrity-of-the-game issues like gambling, PEDs, etc.

JMO. :dunno:

Exactly. Let the law sort this out. You're out of your depth, Goodell. Let the legal process play out and then you don't get into all the shades of grey that your policies create. Anyone remember Duke Lacrosse? What if that was an NFL team? How many games would Goodell have given them? What would he do when it turned out to be a lie?

For whatever reason the NFL thinks they need to be the morality police. Why the fock should they care if players smoke weed? Half their customers probably smoke up but we're going to ban Josh Gordon for it? WHY? You're trying to protect the shield? please. More suspensions haven't cleaned up your league. It just draws more attention to it. These guys are gladiators, not choir boys.

• Like 1

Nah, I haven't played FF in years. I just hate Goodell with a passion.

Maybe your hate for Goodell is causing you to think differently about this case. :dunno:

Exactly. Let the law sort this ###### out. You're out of your depth, Goodell. Let the legal process play out and then you don't get into all the shades of grey that your policies create. Anyone remember Duke Lacrosse? What if that was an NFL team? How many games would Goodell have given them? What would he do when it turned out to be a lie?

For whatever reason the NFL thinks they need to be the morality police. Why the fock should they care if players smoke weed? Half their customers probably smoke up but we're going to ban Josh Gordon for it? WHY? You're trying to protect the shield? ###### please. More suspensions haven't cleaned up your league. It just draws more attention to it. These guys are gladiators, not choir boys.

It's all about the $$$. I wholeheartedly believe that if it they didn't believe it was in the best interest of their pocketbooks, they wouldn't give two sh1ts about player's off field conduct. But as it is, a lot of parents give a crap whether their kid's idols are women beaters. If the parents don't let their kids watch football, they don't become fans. They don't become fans at 8, they don't still buy Von Miller jerseys at 38.

It's the same reason they have breast cancer awareness month. They don't care that their doing good, they're building their brand.

PS - Don't judge me for my Von Miller jersey!

Have you seen the pictures of the girl? On multiple occasions? I mean, you're right, there's not a video of him doing it but there's not in most cases of domestic violence. I solidly believe this is a case where the star athlete got off light.

This is a guy set to be in the spotlight for the next decade. If you're the type of person to beat a woman, you should not have the opportunity for that spotlight.

No I haven't but seeing pics of a bruised girl isn't confirmation that Elliot did it. It wasn't proof enough for the prosecutor. I also don't know the circumstances of how she got those bruises. What if she attacked him first? I know some people are never ok with hitting a woman but who knows...

More than anything I just hate that the NFL's standard is guilty until proven innocent.

Listening to a playback of the telephone interview with one of the League investigators.

Interesting points:

*He acknowledges that the victim did lie about Zeke pulling her out of the car and abusing her then.

* He did say (however) that he believed her about the other times she alleged she was abused.

:huh: