Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Woman says George H.W. Bush groped her when she was 16: 'I was a child'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-says-george-h-w-110002163.html

Roslyn Corrigan was sixteen years old when she got a chance to meet George H.W. Bush, excited to be introduced to a former president having grown up dreaming of going into politics.
But Corrigan was crushed by her encounter: Bush, then 79 years old, groped her buttocks at a November 2003 event in The Woodlands, Texas, office of the Central Intelligence Agency where Corrigan’s father gathered with fellow intelligence officers and family members to meet Bush, Corrigan said. Corrigan is the sixth woman since Oct. 24 to accuse Bush publicly of grabbing her buttocks without consent.
“My initial reaction was absolute horror. I was really, really confused,” Corrigan told TIME, speaking publicly for the first time about the encounter. “The first thing I did was look at my mom and, while he was still standing there, I didn’t say anything. What does a teenager say to the ex-president of the United States? Like, ‘Hey dude, you shouldn’t have touched me like that?’”
Corrigan said the incident happened while she was being photographed standing next to Bush. Five other women have made similar claims against Bush in recent weeks. Seven people, including family members and friends, confirmed to TIME that they had been told about alleged groping by Bush of Corrigan prior to the other recent allegations.
“George Bush simply does not have it in his heart to knowingly cause anyone harm or distress, and he again apologizes to anyone he may have offended during a photo op,” Bush spokesperson Jim McGrath said in a statement to TIME. Previously, McGrath said Bush “has patted women’s rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner,” additionally attributing the act to his diminished height after being confined to a wheelchair since 2012. Bush was standing upright in 2003 when he met Corrigan.
Corrigan said that to this day, some of the responses she gets to her story are dismissive but she said she feels emboldened to speak out after seeing other women come forward, and hopes more will do so after hearing her account.
“I don’t know, maybe it never really hit people that I was a child at the time and that goes beyond a guy being inappropriate in the workplace to a peer or somebody in his age range,” she said. “I was a child.”
Corrigan, who had heard Bush give a speech at a conference held at the George Bush Presidential Library at Texas A&M University earlier in November 2003, asked her father, Steve A. Young, if she could leave early from her classes at The Woodlands High School and join him at the planned visit by Bush. After Bush addressed the CIA gathering, which included agency personnel and their family members, Corrigan had the opportunity to take a photograph with Bush, alongside her mother, Sari Young.
Ryan Trapani, a spokesperson for the CIA, declined multiple requests for comment regarding Young’s employment and Corrigan’s allegation against Bush.
“As soon as the picture was being snapped on the one-two-three he dropped his hands from my waist down to my buttocks and gave it a nice, ripe squeeze, which would account for the fact that in the photograph my mouth is hanging wide open,” Corrigan said. “I was like, ‘Oh my goodness, what just happened?'”

Alright. Can we put this chit to bed now?

New rule.

if it happened more than 12 months ago, fock off. you had ample time. Fock you.

FYI - 16 is legal in Texor. (taint told me)

• Like 1

If he didn't go two knuckles deep, it doesn't count. :nono:

• Like 1

If he didn't go two knuckles deep, it doesn't count. :nono:

old knuckles can't be a fun time

The effect of this avalanche of claims is to diminish the impact of them all, and to equate serious offenses with less serious.

• Like 1

The effect of this avalanche of claims is to diminish the impact of them all, and to equate serious offenses with less serious.

100% correct, Newbie

If you haven't had your butt grabbed by the time you're 16 years old, you got to be one fugly troll.

Also, pick your battles b****. Number one this guy has done more for the country then you can ever dream of. Two, what? Are you courageously trying to protect the hospice nurses?

And last, 16 years old, especially these days? Ain't no child.

• Like 1

this is the 2nd girl though.

How come no one has accused Brad Pitt or George Clooney?

Who knew Trump was speaking for everyone in Hollywood on in Politics when he said GEBTP

Remember the outrage?