Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Peenie post results, and Random Thoughts

Did you read my post? I've done hella ballistic sports since my first meniscus removal in 2001, no problems.

What does the surgeon recommend, a cadaver replacement? That is 3-4 months of rehab which, I dunno, maybe is a freebie with your ACL rehab. :dunno:

Yes, I read your post. Was just replying with the advice from my surgeon.

He thinks the meniscus can be saved via stitches.

As for the ACL, he recommended doing the patellar tendon. Cadaver has a 90% success rate. Patellar is 95%. Success is open to interpretation.

Recovery is the same regardless of whether he needs to do more with the meniscus when he gets in there.

I'll be firing up my new pellet grill for the first time tomorrow. Thinking if keeping it simple with smoked chicken wings for the Vikes game.

• Like 1

Yes, I read your post. Was just replying with the advice from my surgeon.

He thinks the meniscus can be saved via stitches.

As for the ACL, he recommended doing the patellar tendon. Cadaver has a 90% success rate. Patellar is 95%. Success is open to interpretation.

Recovery is the same regardless of whether he needs to do more with the meniscus when he gets in there.

My docs have always just chosen to remove meniscus tissue; if yours stitches, then I'd presume there is rehab for that. I have no experience with that though. :dunno:

Ever notice in the Aaron Rodgers commercial where he throws the football to his dog how deflated the football is?

I'll be firing up my new pellet grill for the first time tomorrow. Thinking if keeping it simple with smoked chicken wings for the Vikes game.

What's a pellet grill? Smoked wings sound awesome. :cheers:

my first knee injury was acl, mcl, meniscus around 92. rehabbed... reinjured. rehabbed.... reinjured. decided to get the acl replaced. been fine since. lost maybe 2-5% range, and some quickness. have been able to ski, play beach volleyball, basketball, football, lacrosse, tennis. back then it was a longer rehab on the surgery than nowadays.

My docs have always just chosen to remove meniscus tissue; if yours stitches, then I'd presume there is rehab for that. I have no experience with that though. :dunno:

Going to be a ton of rehab for the ACL. Not looking forward to it. Oh well, such is life.

Good to hear youre still doing well. :cheers:

Jerry - What did your taekwando consist of? Was it training, participating in events, or both?

Edited. I dont think you do taekwando anymore.

Made awesome Chiles knock off spicy chicken egg rolls in my air Fryer.

Yummy

:wub:

The pellet things are interesting. Have heard mixed reviews on them.

Have friends who swear by them...others swear by the big green egg.

Ive been happy with a setup of a Weber gas grill and a Weber kettle (that be used to smoke things too...just requires a lot of attention).

Have a store here Bargain Hunt...sort of place that gets stuff that didnt sell in clearance elsewhere. Wife already told me she bought me an electric smoker from there to add to the deck. Not sure what I think of that...but basically was 75% off retail. Damn thing has Bluetooth to monitor from my phone.

Made awesome Chiles knock off spicy chicken egg rolls in my air Fryer.

Yummy

Pre made or recipe?

Jerry - What did your taekwando consist of? Was it training, participating in events, or both?

Edited. I dont think you do taekwando anymore.

All of the above. I earned my 3rd degree black belt in 2008, competed at state/national/world events, judged at same events. Broken feet, age, meniscus, and lack of flexibility have kept me out since about 2015, and you are right that I'm pretty much retired at this point.

My best friends in the world are from taekwondo though. There is nothing like trying to beat the snot out of someone, yet stopping short of hitting them hard, then grabbing a beer and pizza after. :cheers:

I would put our style (ATA) up against any martial arts style in the world for kids though. If you are interested PM me. :thumbsup:

Pre made or recipe?

Recipe found online. Knock off. Changed it up a little bit.

Recipe found online. Knock off. Changed it up a little bit.

Link and your changes? I don't have an air fryer (yet) but if you recommend the recipe I might give it a shot if it's not too hard.

eta: no pun intended.

BWI is 112 miles from Fishtown, but I get in late, so no meat.

Any geeks from the area? TimmySmith is in the DC area I think. I should have stayed over Thursday, but knock on wood we'll complete this deal and I'll be going back. :cheers:

So no time to get a hotel room and work some crosswords? :cry:

also- if i am in baltimore, i am looking for either crab cakes or blues

Don't forget yer free arse-whoopin'. :bandana:

The pellet things are interesting. Have heard mixed reviews on them.

Have friends who swear by them...others swear by the big green egg.

Ive been happy with a setup of a Weber gas grill and a Weber kettle (that be used to smoke things too...just requires a lot of attention).

Have a store here Bargain Hunt...sort of place that gets stuff that didnt sell in clearance elsewhere. Wife already told me she bought me an electric smoker from there to add to the deck. Not sure what I think of that...but basically was 75% off retail. Damn thing has Bluetooth to monitor ###### from my phone.

I've gone through 2 electric smokers the past five or six years. Happy with the results. Looking to try something different. Hoping to get the nice smoke ring with the pellet. Learned a lot on YouTube from a guy named Malcom Reed. Look him up . :thumbsup:

I've gone through 2 electric smokers the past five or six years. Happy with the results. Looking to try something different. Hoping to get the nice smoke ring with the pellet. Learned a lot on YouTube from a guy named Malcom Reed. Look him up . :thumbsup:

Nice...as much asI enjoy the process of a good smoke. Timing in weekends with kids and activities make me want to simplify the process.

Met with the surgeon a week ago to go over options for my knee. Waiting for a call back to schedule it. Planning to have it done the week March Madness starts. Looking forward for the basketball, but not looking forward to recovery.

I've had 3, including a major recon... It sucks, good luck. :thumbsup:

Sometimes when I masturbate I like to play with my erect nipples.

You are welcome for that visual.

I aim to please.

I already knew that. :ninja:

:wave:

I already knew that. :ninja:

:wave:

Fax machine watching me ?

Really...? Tell us more. :cheers:

I guess you missed the last post.

Fax machine? :unsure:

I guess you missed the post where I said, I’ll never tell.

Just thought is was funny, right after posting that, you’re all- tell us more.

I guess you missed the post where I said, I’ll never tell.

Just thought is was funny, right after posting that, you’re all- tell us more.

Do tell. :cheers:

Do tell. :cheers:

Me and OM found a a way to fornicate via fax. Ass to ass. Leave it at that

Me and OM found a a way to fornicate via fax. Ass to ass. Leave it at that

Don't you mean one ass hole to another?

Finally got our Christmas tree down this morning. At least the lights have been off for a week; I'm not THAT guy. :D

Finally got our Christmas tree down this morning. At least the lights have been off for a week; I'm not THAT guy. :D

I only buy real trees, it was returned to Costco a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

I want to stab people in the face who strike up a conversation with the cashier when I'm in line behind them.

I want to stab people in the face who strike up a conversation with the cashier when I'm in line behind them.

Or the people, usually old, who give the cashier weird combinations of change to get back weird combinations of change.

Hold on. Let me give you seventeen cents so I'll get back 65 cents...

(Cashier - Baffled look on face) Umm, OK.

Oh dear, I only have 15 pennies. (pause) Wait, I hear something in the bottom of my purse. (digging) Beans, it's a dime...

Or the people, usually old, who give the cashier weird combinations of change to get back weird combinations of change.

Hold on. Let me give you seventeen cents so I'll get back 65 cents...

(Cashier - Baffled look on face) Umm, OK.

Oh dear, I only have 15 pennies. (pause) Wait, I hear something in the bottom of my purse. (digging) Beans, it's a dime...

My first apartment had a community laundry room that took quarters. I became a quarter hoarder, doing the exact thing you describe.

That'll be $1.87.

Cool, here is $2.12.

:D