Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Kendall Wright

Due to his lack of ideal size (and his surprisingly slow times at the Combine), there was some thought Wright would fall into the second round. On the surface, the fit isn't all that great in Tennessee initially because he will be hard-pressed to be anything more than a WR3 for the Titans right away. However, the team wants to give Jake Locker every chance to succeed and protect itself against another Kenny Britt injury. I don't like Wright's redraft prospects in redraft leagues, but he should have a long successful future in the NFL in the slot (initially) and as a solid deep-threat complement to Britt once Nate Washington moves on.

With the loss of Cortland Finnegan & the need to open more holes for Chris Johnson, this pick was a bit of a head scratcher. DeCastro or Reiff would've made more sense but there probably wasn't a cornerback they had rated high enough @ #20.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kendall Wright as a player but with other pressing needs I don't like the fit for Tennessee.