Sign in to follow this  
Strike

The Drive - 31 years ago today!

Is that a year horse face had one of his masterful super bowl choke jobs?

Is that a year horse face had one of his masterful super bowl choke jobs?

He didn't choke. He got choked. Giants baby!

He didn't choke. He got choked. Giants baby!

Still trying to catch the Cowboys, Pats, Steelers and 49ers in SB victories, baby!

Elway would have been better off losing a close one to the Browns.. That Super Bowl performance..

Of Course, that beat-down was nothing compared to what my 9'ers did to that poor guy in '90... Oh Lord, that was brutal..

Still trying to catch the Cowboys, Pats, Steelers and 49ers in SB victories, baby!

Yeah, but ahead of the rest. I'll always have 18-1. The sequel and Wide Right. Plus 86. Great ride. Dominated.

Elway would have been better off losing a close one to the Browns.. That Super Bowl performance..

Of Course, that beat-down was nothing compared to what my 9'ers did to that poor guy in '90... Oh Lord, that was brutal..

that was awesome. i went to that game. my best man went to college in New Orleans. stayed with him for about a week and caught the game. great trip.

Yeah, but ahead of the rest. I'll always have 18-1. The sequel and Wide Right. Plus 86. Great ride. Dominated.

zzzzzzz, kids table

zzzzzzz, kids table

Yeah. You were still smartin from that 46-10 disgraceful showing the year before. Most of your pals around here don't remember that. Shiiiit, they may have been rooting for the Bears. Not much of a fan base back then. Lol.

I just got a semi... then I watched the youtube video and it turned into 4 inches of diamond cutting, blue steel.

No one has taken a worse team to the SB. Without him during those years, the donkeys would have been under .500 instead of SB bound.

IMO, the "drive" is widely over rated. 5 minutes and length of the field to score a TD has been done numerous times. This is not exceptional. :sleep:

Do all those others have their own Wikipedia page? I mean, focking WIKIPEDIA!!!!!

:pointstosky: :pointstosky:

• Like 1

Given the time and climate of the game back then, the Drive was pretty damn spectacular.

Imagine that.

Championship game a full 10 days earlier in the 80s

Which one did Ernest Borgnine fumble in?

Which one did Ernest Borgnine fumble in?

The Fumble

obviously

Do all those others have their own Wikipedia page? I mean, focking WIKIPEDIA!!!!!

:pointstosky: :pointstosky:

:lol:

Many of those plays/events were defining and iconic. They were also part of the blue prints for future strategy. I think these type of drives are more commonplace now. We are desensitized to them and have come to expect the positive end result.

• Like 1

XXII was a lot of fun as well Doug Williams and Timmy Smith's Redskins put up 5 td's in the 2nd quarter against them.

XXII was a lot of fun as well Doug Williams and Timmy Smith's Redskins put up 5 td's in the 2nd quarter against them.

Then they had Doug Williams doing the coin toss at the SB vs the Packers... I almost threw the remote through the TV.

The NY Football Giants defeated a first ballot hall of fame QB in each of their 4 super bowl wins. They lost to Trent Dilfer.

• Like 1

The NY Football Giants defeated a first ballot hall of fame QB in each of their 4 super bowl wins. They lost to Trent Dilfer.

Damn good point