Sign in to follow this  
bberri5

3rd Pick - 10 Team, non PPR - Too High to Take McCoy?

I'm in a competitive 10 team, 1 QB, non PPR league. I was all set to take one of the three big RBs (Bell, Johnson, Elliot) but now that Elliot has been suspended I'm scrambling.

Taking Antonio Brown is the choice according to most rankings. It just feels like there are way more top WRs than there are RBs and I haven't loved my RB choices in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

Would taking Shady McCoy at #3 be a reach? Most boards have him with an ADP closer to 6/7th pick. Basically my first two picks would play out like this, which scenario is better?

Antonio Brown and then something along the lines of Fournette/Gurley/Lynch

or

Shady McCoy and then Dez/Cooper/Baldwin

Would love to hear some opinions.

the rb's you mentioned with AB have some more risk/reward than the wr's you mentioned with Shady. I prefer relative safety studs with my first couple picks. If you're a big fan of McCoy, maybe see if you can trade down a couple spots and swap 2nd rounders. I'd try to also get a swap on a later even numbered round as well...at least to start of the negotiation. With that said, McCoy had his best year in a while last year which was roughly his ceiling in my opinion (it was a great year). AB was down some last year, and still finished as the number 1 wr (in my league's scoring at least). However it was very tight at the top and in a .75 ppr like my league was, McCoy did outscore AB by about a point a game.

Take the third best Rb in ff this season at this spot.

M Gordon.

I had a somewhat similar situation but with keepers. I'm in a 12 team league and we played for draft position choice and I came in 2nd. With Zeke's issues I wasn't taking him 2nd and I didn't want to draft a WR that high like you. I had more flexibility than you so I chose to draft 4th and I plan to take Shady. I was going to take 5th but I chickened out due to the keepers who are Johnson (mine fortunately), Gordon and Ajayi.