Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Fallout 76 - West Virginia

I should have waited a couple days... Slickdeals has it on Green Man gaming dor $33...

Halfnof what it was a drop 2 weeks ago.

That's how shitty its doing.

Going to check that out now.

So bottom line are you having fun? Or do you just or aimlessly walk around with nothing to do?

So bottom line are you having fun? Or do you just or aimlessly walk around with nothing to do?

From the sounds of it I wouldnt waste your money. Doubt story mode is any good since they put a lot of focus into online. And it sounds like online is the suck

I mean if you're a fallout fan geek like I am, it is still sorta fun. Your still fighting superbmutants and trying to find power armornetc... just really really lean as far as any real main story line. There is a skeleton story there... but if you haven't played New Vegas etc... you won't have the nasalgia to build off of.

I guess I'm still having an okay time tooling around... some new monsters... but ya... game of the year.. this is ot.

That being said... my kid is really enjoying Red Dead Redemption 2 alot.

• Like 1

I mean if you're a fallout fan geek like I am, it is still sorta fun. Your still fighting superbmutants and trying to find power armornetc... just really really lean as far as any real main story line. There is a skeleton story there... but if you haven't played New Vegas etc... you won't have the nasalgia to build off of.

I guess I'm still having an okay time tooling around... some new monsters... but ya... game of the year.. this is ot.

That being said... my kid is really enjoying Red Dead Redemption 2 alot.

Im just a huge fan of Bethesda but I mainly like their elder scrolls games and Fallout is the same thing but themed differently. Never played New Vegas though. Ill probably grab it just because I love looting games.

Are there any versions that do Northern Ireland? that would draw my interest.

Are there any versions that do Northern Ireland? that would draw my interest.

Speaking of... I'm assuming they are going to eventually do a out of America theme eventually. Like maybe a lost Legion type of feel.

Im just a huge fan of Bethesda but I mainly like their elder scrolls games and Fallout is the same thing but themed differently. Never played New Vegas though. Ill probably grab it just because I love looting games.

I'm slowly replaying Oblivion. This second time around I found out how to avoid becoming a vampire (since the quest to reverse the status has a bug) and am not worried about fighting them anymore. I would love to play Morrowind but I think that is only on XBOX? I only have a PS3 and PS4.

I'm probably going to try the FO Vegas though

Releasing this game the same month as RDR2 was just dumb.

Even if it was a good game, RDR2 is the biggest release in a couple years.

• Like 1

I'm slowly replaying Oblivion. This second time around I found out how to avoid becoming a vampire (since the quest to reverse the status has a bug) and am not worried about fighting them anymore. I would love to play Morrowind but I think that is only on XBOX? I only have a PS3 and PS4.

Maybe my favorite game of all time. FoNV... seriously. I've replayed through it... maybe 10+ times over the years. Different playstyle is easy.

why not play it on PC?

Will not buy Fallout 76. That's a shame too. I've played Fallout since the 3rd game. Really enjoy it. I like the solo play not the multi online play.

Plus I've been seeing not so great reviews. I went with Red Dead Redemption 2. Been playing it instead. Good game.

• Like 1

Love Oblivion, it is second to my favorite game of all time the original MGS.

I tried to replay Morrowwind a few years ago and it was the same experience I had whenever I play any old game and it is just they are best left in the past and never as good as you remember.

I have made it to level 24 and so far my 3 biggest complaints with the game:

1. At no point in the game does it feel like west virginia; the few interactions with people, ie holotapes, etc do not have an accent or use hillbilly words. It might as well be a fake world. It sounds like they hired local voice actors from the DC area so lazy on their part.

2. It is supposed to be a loot based game, however there is not enough loot storage and vendors have a very small amount of caps

3. I am fine with crappy graphics, however this game has many graphic related issues not related to the quality of the graphics, ie not able to see loot, ingredients that you are scouting for do not stand out, sunrises and sunsets that blind your character, etc.

I have made it to level 24 and so far my 3 biggest complaints with the game:

1. At no point in the game does it feel like west virginia; the few interactions with people, ie holotapes, etc do not have an accent or use hillbilly words. It might as well be a fake world. It sounds like they hired local voice actors from the DC area so lazy on their part.

2. It is supposed to be a loot based game, however there is not enough loot storage and vendors have a very small amount of caps

3. I am fine with crappy graphics, however this game has many graphic related issues not related to the quality of the graphics, ie not able to see loot, ingredients that you are scouting for do not stand out, sunrises and sunsets that blind your character, etc.

The Stash Chest being 400 lbs is ridiculous. Seriously... one full set of Power Armor takes up a quarter of that alone. You want to stash some guns away? Nope....

I've made it to lvl 31.... meh... it's the same ole same ole... go here.. find a holo tape... go there... pick up this receiver... They already have the voice actors in play... it wouldn't have been that danged hard to have an NPC sitting there instead of the stupid holotape.

Once you start the Mining Power Armor quest... ask me about how to find a boat load of black titanium you'll need for it... also.... just a hint... save up your "screws" you'll need about a billion of them with power armor.

This game is taking a worse beating than Trump at his roast,

This has to be the second biggest flop of all time, the only thing that immediately comes to mind that compares to this is when APB flopped 5-6 years ago.

This has to be the second biggest flop of all time, the only thing that immediately comes to mind that compares to this is when APB flopped 5-6 years ago.

In my opinion Spore is probably the biggest flop I can remember.

Two recent big flops:

No man's sky

Mass effect Andromeda

Fallout 76 could still be a great game, the foundation is there however I am not sure Bethesda will put forth the resources required.

it looks exactly like the last one and the last one was based in Boston/Massachusetts. can't top that

In my opinion Spore is probably the biggest flop I can remember.

Two recent big flops:

No man's sky

Mass effect Andromeda

Fallout 76 could still be a great game, the foundation is there however I am not sure Bethesda will put forth the resources required.

No Man's Sky has actually done pretty decent, after initial release. They added a bunch of the content people thought would be there at launch. It's similar to Destiny 2, where it started off as a garbage game, and is not a great game.

I'm drawing a blank. APB?

Edit: nevermind. Reading about it now

• Like 1

I'm drawing a blank. APB?

Edit: nevermind. Reading about it now

All Points Bulletin.

Here's a good video that was made last week.

why not play it on PC?

I only have a work laptop. Nothing else. But on the bright side, I blew some of my bonus on an Xbox One X, and a case of Cameron Hughes Lot 614 cabernet. Merry Christmas early. ☺

I decided to start Red Dead Redemption 1 and get to Morrowind later.

I only have a work laptop. Nothing else. But on the bright side, I blew some of my bonus on an Xbox One X, and a case of Cameron Hughes Lot 614 cabernet. Merry Christmas early. ☺

I decided to start Red Dead Redemption 1 and get to Morrowind later.

I hope you are as surprised as I was to remember when I played Morrowind again that they didn't hire voice actors and you have to read all of the dialogue. Best story hands down of all the ES though.

I hope you are as surprised as I was to remember when I played Morrowind again that they didn't hire voice actors and you have to read all of the dialogue. Best story hands down of all the ES though.

I actually started it but realized I wanted to be able to have a couple whole days to myself to really get into it. It looks pretty cool. You are reflecting what a lot of gamers say about that storyline.

No Man's Sky has actually done pretty decent, after initial release. They added a bunch of the content people thought would be there at launch. It's similar to Destiny 2, where it started off as a garbage game, and is not a great game.

I my have to revisit... I bought that shitstain initially.. was horrible..

Yeah we'll.see.. Bethesda apologized today... announced two new patches in the next couple weeks.

If they keep tweaking it... maybe a free DLC or two...

I still am playing it.