Sign in to follow this  
phillygrrl08

Jerry Jones hires lawyer to fight Goodell's contract ext

Does this mean the Pats can get their draft picks back and that Million bucks? Phuck Roger

I don't have the link but that article on the meetings about kneeling in ESPN the magazine was really facinating. Seems to implicate that for the first time Jones isn't getting his way and has lost a bit of his power. Goodell has made this league tons of money and overwhelmingly got the best of D. Smith with the last contract. The other owners aren't gonna let jones just oust Goodell.

I don't have the link but that article on the meetings about kneeling in ESPN the magazine was really facinating. Seems to implicate that for the first time Jones isn't getting his way and has lost a bit of his power. Goodell has made this league tons of money and overwhelmingly got the best of D. Smith with the last contract. The other owners aren't gonna let jones just oust Goodell.

Goodell comes across pretty sympathetically in that article too--meaning he was portrayed as the guy trying to get everyone to some sort of agreement, being calm, listening to both sides, etc.

Goodell comes across pretty sympathetically in that article too--meaning he was portrayed as the guy trying to get everyone to some sort of agreement, being calm, listening to both sides, etc.

There is no place for any man, in any position, whether in Governent, a business, or running a league to be the judge, jury, executioner, and the one who hears any appeal. That is beyond dictatorship.

The other owners aren't gonna let jones just oust Goodell.

I understand your point........but this particular wording is what's greatly fueling the chaos.

Jerry is not trying to oust, or fire, Roger Goodell....... He will be allowed to finish serving out his existing contract with no resistance...... Jerry is, however, trying to dissuade the other owners from renewing him on a new contract.

There is no place for any man, in any position, whether in Governent, a business, or running a league to be the judge, jury, executioner, and the one who hears any appeal. That is beyond dictatorship.

Well, then your complaint should be with the NFLPA... because they're the ones who agreed to giving him those rights.

I don't disagree. Just saying that, from that reporter's perspective, Goodell appeared in those meetings at least attempting to be reasonable and rational. Almost like he's not made of liquid metal and here to destroy the sport we love ;)

So dramatic. Anyone who stays out of trouble is fine. So he makes policy around behavior. Get over it. Many if not most companies have policy that dont take appeals.

I don't disagree. Just saying that, from that reporter's perspective, Goodell appeared in those meetings at least attempting to be reasonable and rational. Almost like he's not made of liquid metal and here to destroy the sport we love ;)

eh--no one is questioning his intent.

just his competence.

eh--no one is questioning his intent.

just his competence.

Sure. And you are a qualified judge of his position and work in the league how? I dont know what you do for a living but would you be fine with getting a review of your work by someone who has never studied or worked or achieved anything in your field? And if you did, should it be taken seriously?

Sure. And you are a qualified judge of his position and work in the league how? I dont know what you do for a living but would you be fine with getting a review of your work by someone who has never studied or worked or achieved anything in your field? And if you did, should it be taken seriously?

am i qualified? well, i can do math, so i can tell that TV ratings are substantially down and advertisers are going to reduce their spend. i can hear, so i can tell that fans from both sides are overwhelmingly negative on his handling of the anthem issue. i can read, so i can tell that both players and ownership are dissatisfied with his arbitrary disciplinary policy.

for an executive, success is the only metric that counts. an executive who can't solve problems is incompetent. an executive who creates problems is worse than incompetent. goodell--a jumped-up intern who has never held an executive position in the business world--can't solve problems and actively creates problems, so one needs no mastery of marketing arcana to discern his failure.

am i qualified? well, i can do math, so i can tell that TV ratings are substantially down and advertisers are going to reduce their spend. i can hear, so i can tell that fans from both sides are overwhelmingly negative on his handling of the anthem issue. i can read, so i can tell that both players and ownership are dissatisfied with his arbitrary disciplinary policy.

for an executive, success is the only metric that counts. an executive who can't solve problems is incompetent. an executive who creates problems is worse than incompetent. goodell--a jumped-up intern who has never held an executive position in the business world--can't solve problems and actively creates problems, so one needs no mastery of marketing arcana to discern his failure.

The NFL is not in any trouble. And because you hang out in fantasy message boards does not qualify you as an expert on public opinion.

Using abrasive comments about Goodell's background does not constitute a logical proof about his qualifications. My views and comments are as valid as yours and I think he is doing great in the job. Hall of famer.

Oh. And on top of all that, you are such an in the know analyst of the NFL and have access to all of their data that you have scoured through it and used your trained analytical skills to determine that the NFL is collapsimg because of Goodell.

My guess is you are not qualified to have a reasonable determination of the state of the NFL.

My guess is you are not qualified to have a reasonable determination of the state of the NFL.

the state of the NFL is that ratings are down from 2016, which were down from 2015, and there is no end in sight to the decreasing ratings. the NFL is a business that is almost entirely dependent on TV advertising sales, and decreasing ratings mean decreasing advertising sales, which means less revenue, which means less profit.

are you really this ignorant of how a business functions?

are you really this ignorant of how a business functions?

No.

Are you really this ignorant not to realize that fluctuations in a business happen over decades and there are often times when a business reaches it's peak but is still relavant and a huge success until they.move imto other spaces?

Of course you are. You are just someone who pretends to know business and condenses the whole business structure and approach of that highly successful business in an everchanging world down to one factor.

The NFL is staying at the top of the entertainment industry until noone wants to play it and make millions in their short time employed.

Jerry Jones is poison to the NFL, all out for his team above the league, look at his stance on his woman beating running back and the kneelers-EFF HIM! Goodell? Just as much a skunk.

No.

Are you really this ignorant not to realize that fluctuations in a business happen over decades and there are often times when a business reaches it's peak but is still relavant and a huge success until they.move imto other spaces?

Of course you are. You are just someone who pretends to know business and condenses the whole business structure and approach of that highly successful business in an everchanging world down to one factor.

The NFL is staying at the top of the entertainment industry until noone wants to play it and make millions in their short time employed.

:lol:

they said the same thing about MLB. they said the same thing about the NBA. hell--right before the lockout, the NHL was set to break into the #2 spot. and for a while, the NFL ruled them all. then goodell got stupid, saturated the market, got into politics, screwed up the disciplinary policy, and misplayed the anthem controversy. now the core fanbase of football--working class america--is quitting the sport in droves.

you keep yammering about expertise--it takes no expertise to see when someone is failing at that which they are trying to accomplish. godell's job exists to make the league more popular and more profitable. he is literally doing the opposite. us poor countryfolk call that "killing the golden goose." it's a standard cautionary tale for anyone who has to run a business. apparently, goodell never got the memo.

but keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to keep your self-esteem up.

us poor countryfolk call that "killing the golden goose." it's a standard cautionary tale for anyone who has to run a business.

You poor country folk just keep your rabbit ears on the tellie and tune in every Sunday like you do now and leave the the non-farming business to others. Yeehaw.

Jerry Jones is poison to the NFL, all out for his team above the league, look at his stance on his woman beating running back and the kneelers-EFF HIM! Goodell? Just as much a skunk.

hahahahahaha Jerry Jones is the most powerful owner in football and there are a lot of people who should be watching their assses when this is all said and done. He's not the person I would want on my bad side.

now that is just a silly comment.

all the evidence shows the woman was most likely lying. Even her friends were saying she lied.

clearly there is something going on there, but woman beating likely isnt one of them.

look at the facts man.

I dont care for Jerry much, but this is one area I wont cast blame on him.