Sign in to follow this  
Mookz

(Son of) Geek Pic Post Thread

Found it in my history... Looks deleted

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic.

Need Help?

Our help documentation

Contact the community administrator

Hooleeeee fock... i may have delortered it by accident! :cry:

I'm ssssorrrryyyyyyyy....

Holy carp, a dork like you dressing up like Bane at Comicon, and you don't understand tech? :dunno: :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

IF someone that has some control here is knowledgeable in SQL and if regular backups of the website have been made, my son might be able to tell them how to try and bring it back.

I messaged Mike and axed him if he could get it back.

so we should know something in a year or so
  • Like 2

We're like hoarders about that thread. How often do you look at the pics posted long ago? Not often (I'd think/hope :unsure:) We can pin a new one :dunno:

We'll get to take a fresh look at our aging community :thumbsup:

Only upsides.

We're like hoarders about that thread. How often do you look at the pics posted long ago? Not often (I'd think/hope :unsure:) We can pin a new one :dunno:

Only upsides.

It kills me to think I may never get another look at ed's boat party picture. :(

Why didn't I save it to my hard drive? WHY WHY WHY?! :wall:

Only upsides.

Why don't you go ahead and get the new one started with something sexy? We'll get it pinned later. :lol:

• Like 1

IF someone that has some control here is knowledgeable in SQL and if regular backups of the website have been made, my son might be able to tell them how to try and bring it back.

Sounds like a set up for your son to Latin Pimp the site.

:lol:

Sounds like a set up for your son to Latin Pimp the site.

:lol:

LOL. Nah, I would never let him do that. He said he could tell someone how to bring it back if they familiar with that shtt I posted up above. . He runs some sites and forums. They have this shtt happen from time to time. We have even purchased websites.

The unprecedented reverse peenie? :shocking:

Very Seinfeld :thumbsup:

What should the first pic on the new pic thread be?

dunno.......but it should be called pric thread

( or maybe reverse peenie )

This site is using software that is no longer supported, no longer updated.

They stopped supporting this Invision Power Board 3 in like April of this year. There are several exploits right now for IPB3.

Mike might want to consider upgrading to at least IPB 4.

This site is very vulnerable.

I'll forever have the image of I Got Worms' scrunched up face and bulbous head seared into my brain. Shiver.

I'll forever have the image of I Got Worms' scrunched up face and bulbous head seared into my brain. Shiver.

Dude, I know you're a pathetic little creep and all - but could you please wank it to something else? :cry:

This site is using software that is no longer supported, no longer updated.

They stopped supporting this Invision Power Board 3 in like April of this year. There are several exploits right now for IPB3.

Mike might want to consider upgrading to at least IPB 4.

This site is very vulnerable.

How the Fock do you know all that but operating amazon prime is a mystery?

Okay guys, since the other threada seems to be a dead, let's make this one the new and not as good pic post thread. :thumbsup:

Please begin christening it with your must-see photos. :thumbsup:

Forum administrator, could we please get this thread stickified? :wave:

Not cool.

don't cast stones in your glass house.

That thread would have never been deleted in the closet.

His kid told him all that.

:doublethumbsup:

When I first saw this thread about accidentally deleting the picture thread, I asked my son if there was anything we could do to bring it back and he said "Absolutely". Then, he looked at are forums and told me all of that and so much more.

He runs some sites. Hell, I have dropped some coin on more than one site, as in we purchased a few websites over the years. They have forums. His forums are using IPB 4 and this place is using IPB 3. It's not like this stuff costs much. Plus, we would get new cool features and runs better. That what we have and we can bring shtt back. They have done it more than once. He still says he can tell someone how to bring it back before it too late if they know that shtt in my first post. HE will not do anything, just tell someone what to do that has access. Not give us access.

It is safer as in not as vulnerable to attacks. We have had our shtt taken down over the years by attackers. I am sure there are other protections here as well, but if someone really wanted to put the time and effort in, they might be able to cause problems here.

His kid told him all that.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have a moderator try this.

Have to go to the moderator CP.

When there, there is a tab called "Removed Content".

Go in there and in the headers on along the top, click on "Topics"

Find the topic and click restore.

:doublethumbsup:

When I first saw this thread about accidentally deleting the picture thread, I asked my son if there was anything we could do to bring it back and he said "Absolutely". Then, he looked at are forums and told me all of that and so much more.

He runs some sites. Hell, I have dropped some coin on more than one site, as in we purchased a few websites over the years. They have forums. His forums are using IPB 4 and this place is using IPB 3. It's not like this stuff costs much. Plus, we would get new cool features and runs better. That what we have and we can bring shtt back. They have done it more than once. He still says he can tell someone how to bring it back before it too late if they know that shtt in my first post. HE will not do anything, just tell someone what to do that has access. Not give us access.

It is safer as in not as vulnerable to attacks. We have had our shtt taken down over the years by attackers. I am sure there are other protections here as well, but if someone really wanted to put the time and effort in, they might be able to cause problems here.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have a moderator try this.

Have to go to the moderator CP.

When there, there is a tab called "Removed Content".

Go in there and in the headers on along the top, click on "Topics"

Find the topic and click restore.

You could barely scape enough change together for basic necessities. Now you divulge you and your boy are running forums?

You could barely scape enough change together for basic necessities. Now you divulge you and your boy are running forums?

We been buying up sites for years, even when were poor. It does not cost much to run these forums. Under a 100 bucks a year, WAY under. Costs should be the same here.

In fact, some of son's mods are not believing this site is using this IPB 3 still. On our forums, some are CONVINCED this place is using a pirated version of IPB, because it makes ZERO sense to not update it, because it costs the EXACT same price.

ONLY explanation people have come up is we using illegal shtt here because the costs are the exact same. I am telling them there is no focking way this place would do that, but I have not been able to come up a reasonable explanation to inform them, so some not buying it. :dunno:

We been buying up sites for years, even when were poor. It does not cost much to run these forums. Under a 100 bucks a year, WAY under. Costs should be the same here.

In fact, some of son's mods are not believing this site is using this IPB 3 still. On our forums, some are CONVINCED this place is using a pirated version of IPB, because it makes ZERO sense to not update it, because it costs the EXACT same price.

ONLY explanation people have come up is we using illegal shtt here because the costs are the exact same. I am telling them there is no focking way this place would do that, but I have not been able to come up a reasonable explanation to inform them, so some not buying it. :dunno:

Sent a couple PMs to Mike, letting him know about post #33 and otherwise asking him to pin this thread. I'm sure we'll hear something soon. :thumbsup:

Sent a couple PMs to Mike, letting him know about post #33 and otherwise asking him to pin this thread. I'm sure we'll hear something soon. :thumbsup:

Sweet. I was waiting for EDJR to respond to me, then I was going to contact Mike. I just want to make sure. We have brought back many threads on our forums. Most times, it is only a few clicks.

Maybe Mike doesn't want to update to IPB4 and risk the site crashing and being down for weeks (and it's football season now) and/or risk people complaining they don't like such an update.

Maybe it wasn't an accident and you guys need to move on.

This is my guess.

But if not an accident - then why? :intrigue: