Sign in to follow this  
eFFequalsMA

Kupp or J. Matthews?

Currently have Julio, Diggs, Jeffrey, and Maclin.

Looking to add a WR3 for the rest of the season and both Kupp and Matthews have very easy schedules.

Granted, Jordan wont be back until week 8 or 9, but I really don't need either until Week 10.

I agree on Kupp over Matthews, but I'm not convinced he's a WR3 either so not sure he's a must own guy.

Are any of Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Josh Doctson available? I'd rather roster any of those if the intent of the position is long term upside that can grow into an every week starter.

All three are available. I also have the option of waiting until week 8 where the first waiver pickup we have that week becomes an optional 5th round keeper next year. So would Jordan or Kupp be worth a 5th round pick next year? Thats also part of the equation.

Davis is hurt and has a tough schedule down the stretch. Williams is a question mark with health and too many mouths to feed for Rivers.

Doctson is intriguing, but I just don't know if I can trust the Redskins offense consistently.

Kupp and Jordan have cake WR and QB schedules down the stretch, so they would definitely valuable given the matchups. Just can't decide on which one.

All three are available. I also have the option of waiting until week 8 where the first waiver pickup we have that week becomes an optional 5th round keeper next year. So would Jordan or Kupp be worth a 5th round pick next year? Thats also part of the equation.

Davis is hurt and has a tough schedule down the stretch. Williams is a question mark with health and too many mouths to feed for Rivers.

Doctson is intriguing, but I just don't know if I can trust the Redskins offense consistently.

Kupp and Jordan have cake WR and QB schedules down the stretch, so they would definitely valuable given the matchups. Just can't decide on which one.

You bring up some interesting points, but I also think you might be reading too much into this too. You say you can't trust the Redskins offense consistently, yet your solution is to invest in the Rams or Bills offense? Those aren't any more reliable.

Plus, Kupp is still a secondary target for StL, so you can't be assured that the production will go his way even in a plus matchup. Just look at Week 3 against SF, when the team goes off for 41 pts against a bad SF team, yet it's Gurley and Watkins that got the production. Kupp only had 17 yards on 2 targets.

I like Corey Davis personally, and he'll be back healthy after their bye in week 8, which is when you said you'd be looking to start using one of these guys anyway.

And I looked over their schedule again before writing this, and I don't see what you're seeing. I don't think it's that tough. Yeah there's some good teams there, but the only shutdown corner I see on the schedule is Patrick Peterson in Week 14. Just because you're playing a good defense doesn't mean you can't be offensively productive, especially considering Mariota should be healthy by then, they have a real good o-line, and a very good running game. All that should ensure that the offense can remain competitive, even if they're playing a good defense. So the schedule doesn't concern me; often times competition raises offensive production.

In Game 1, it was obvious that Davis was their best WR, securing 6 catches for 69 yards on 10 targets. I'd rather invest in that, then hope that the production slides to Kupp's secondary role against a perceived easier schedule.

Just my thoughts though.

• Like 1

You bring up some interesting points, but I also think you might be reading too much into this too. You say you can't trust the Redskins offense consistently, yet your solution is to invest in the Rams or Bills offense? Those aren't any more reliable.

Plus, Kupp is still a secondary target for StL, so you can't be assured that the production will go his way even in a plus matchup. Just look at Week 3 against SF, when the team goes off for 41 pts against a bad SF team, yet it's Gurley and Watkins that got the production. Kupp only had 17 yards on 2 targets.

I like Corey Davis personally, and he'll be back healthy after their bye in week 8, which is when you said you'd be looking to start using one of these guys anyway.

And I looked over their schedule again before writing this, and I don't see what you're seeing. I don't think it's that tough. Yeah there's some good teams there, but the only shutdown corner I see on the schedule is Patrick Peterson in Week 14. Just because you're playing a good defense doesn't mean you can't be offensively productive, especially considering Mariota should be healthy by then, they have a real good o-line, and a very good running game. All that should ensure that the offense can remain competitive, even if they're playing a good defense. So the schedule doesn't concern me; often times competition raises offensive production.

In Game 1, it was obvious that Davis was their best WR, securing 6 catches for 69 yards on 10 targets. I'd rather invest in that, then hope that the production slides to Kupp's secondary role against a perceived easier schedule.

Just my thoughts though.

Great post, both accurate and insightful.