Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

It's going to slow down around here until April anyways.

Back to the team, do you guys think we'll give Finley a look? I'd only want to invest if the price is really low. Guy is knucklehead and McCoy already drops enough passes. Freak athlete though.

Back to the team, do you guys think we'll give Finley a look? I'd only want to invest if the price is really low. Guy is knucklehead and McCoy already drops enough passes. Freak athlete though.

I would not want Finley on this team. Zach Miller was finally used correctly in the playoffs and we saw what type of player he is. No need to bring in butter fingers Finley and his attitude. McCoy needs to go as well: dropped passes, penalties, etc...

Still MIA :lol:

Was he booted from here too?

He was still running his mouth at FBG after the game til he said something dumb and got the ban hammer.

Wondering if Mike pulled the plug on him early.

Kid seems too dumb to know to just run away.

Finley isn't gone from GB just yet.

There is a slim chance he does stay after he settled down late in the year.

I would not want Finley on this team. Zach Miller was finally used correctly in the playoffs and we saw what type of player he is. No need to bring in butter fingers Finley and his attitude. McCoy needs to go as well: dropped passes, penalties, etc...

I'll pass on this one too. I know I've been very vocal about wanting another WR and TE for the offense. But I would just stay on course and go with the draft for those 2 positions.

If we go the free agency route. I would look at DE/DL if somethings out their, other wise lets not spend any money. Take care of our own, and stay on course with the draft like we have been.

I'll pass on this one too. I know I've been very vocal about wanting another WR and TE for the offense. But I would just stay on course and go with the draft for those 2 positions.

If we go the free agency route. I would look at DE/DL if somethings out their, other wise lets not spend any money. Take care of our own, and stay on course with the draft like we have been.

Agree 100%. We are in great cap position to keep our core players, no need to overspend on FA.

Eh, for myself, I'll keep my speculation to a minimum for now, until we see how the franchise tags and whatnot shakes out.

At this point, I like the idea of adding another talented pass catching TE to the mix than a wide receiver. With Wilson finding Miller a lot towards the end of the season, and the propensity of Wilson to run around, a big check down target or a big target in the seam or a soft spot in the zone sounds pretty good to me. The effort was initially there last season to go 2 TE, bringing in Kellen Winslow, only to cut him after the dispute over what his role was going to be on the team. I think they try to add another quality TE again. Then again, can we really count on Rice to be healthy for another full season?

We will add D-line help. Carroll said it. Schneider said it. And these guys are pretty upfront with what they want to fix on the team as the post season starts up. Unfortunately, the draft is not strong on D-line players, and taking one early may end up a reach.

I know we didn't have a great shot at Kuechly last year, since the team had not shown much interest in trading up this early in the draft in the recent past, but I wonder how different this team would have looked with Kuechly instead of Irvin. Granted, we may not have ended up with Wagner who did a nice job. Kuechly was great on Carolina. Just nit picking. Since we will have to add a starting LB this off season, again. Indications are that Schneider had Kuechley #2 on his draft board, which makes you wonder why not trade up to #9? But, we traded down, and the rest...well, you know. Just interesting to look back.

The draft initially seems deep at WR. And there is a chance that a number of pretty good WR become unrestricted free agents. I would think the front office would be less than aggressive in the pursuit, and see what happens. Hey, we've brought in servicable old guys like Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards. I wish T.O. would have worked out. But I guess a cheap veteran wouldn't be all bad. I just don't think the team will break the bank going after a Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, etc. They did go after Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson in the past, but I think the priorities have changed.

I honestly think I will be much more mellow this year in the offseason and draft. The front office has bought a bit of a grace period and good will with their above average draft track record thus far. Ruskell poised the well with his idiocy, but things are getting better. Kumbaya My Lord, Kumbaya...

Eh, for myself, I'll keep my speculation to a minimum for now, until we see how the franchise tags and whatnot shakes out.

At this point, I like the idea of adding another talented pass catching TE to the mix than a wide receiver. With Wilson finding Miller a lot towards the end of the season, and the propensity of Wilson to run around, a big check down target or a big target in the seam or a soft spot in the zone sounds pretty good to me. The effort was initially there last season to go 2 TE, bringing in Kellen Winslow, only to cut him after the dispute over what his role was going to be on the team. I think they try to add another quality TE again. Then again, can we really count on Rice to be healthy for another full season?

We will add D-line help. Carroll said it. Schneider said it. And these guys are pretty upfront with what they want to fix on the team as the post season starts up. Unfortunately, the draft is not strong on D-line players, and taking one early may end up a reach.

I know we didn't have a great shot at Kuechly last year, since the team had not shown much interest in trading up this early in the draft in the recent past, but I wonder how different this team would have looked with Kuechly instead of Irvin. Granted, we may not have ended up with Wagner who did a nice job. Kuechly was great on Carolina. Just nit picking. Since we will have to add a starting LB this off season, again. Indications are that Schneider had Kuechley #2 on his draft board, which makes you wonder why not trade up to #9? But, we traded down, and the rest...well, you know. Just interesting to look back.

The draft initially seems deep at WR. And there is a chance that a number of pretty good WR become unrestricted free agents. I would think the front office would be less than aggressive in the pursuit, and see what happens. Hey, we've brought in servicable old guys like Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards. I wish T.O. would have worked out. But I guess a cheap veteran wouldn't be all bad. I just don't think the team will break the bank going after a Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, etc. They did go after Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson in the past, but I think the priorities have changed.

I honestly think I will be much more mellow this year in the offseason and draft. The front office has bought a bit of a grace period and good will with their above average draft track record thus far. Ruskell poised the well with his idiocy, but things are getting better. Kumbaya My Lord, Kumbaya...

I think they wanted Kuechly, but not by moving up. Most probably thought he would drop to us. I'm not sure we would have took him over Irvin anyway, but I think we would have.

However, I think Wagner most definatley would not have been selected if we drafted Kuechly.

So really, it's a wash. I like Wagner as much as Kuechly anyway. Plus there is still some hope for Irvin with his speed. He could get a lot better with years in the league. If he could improve on run support and some new moves or power maybe he could turn into a Clemons some day. We'll see I guess.

I really want D-line help too like everybody else. But, I also want WR.

TE can be had later in the draft IMO.

I like Cordarrelle Patterson/WR so far! 6-3 JR., SUPER FAST with big play ability. Amazing after the catch! Looks big framed unlike the other two WR's that are in the late first round. Good kick and punt returner. He'll do real well at the combine I bet.

Very raw, but lots of room for improvement. Only 1 year of big college stats, but it was decent to good and would have been better if not for a horable 60 yard pass drop and some called back by penalty. But, he did blow right past the dude. Seperates well! Something we need. He tore up lower college ranks with history making stats.

Lots of research still to do. But, with a quick view of the top 4 WR's, he stood out to me the most and falling into our late pick. :)

Purely speculative.

Granted, I expect Flynn to be the backup QB next year. We have 10 picks already. Are we really going to trade what I feel is one of the top backups in the league for yet another low round pick, a 5th or 6th round pick that probably won't make the final roster? That would be foolish, since we know how hard it is to find one decent QB, much less stumble into two. But...IF somebody offered, oh, let's say a conditional 3rd round pick that could climb to a 2nd based on performance. And a trade was made.

How would you feel about bringing in Tebow, as the backup, for a hybrid read option offense that we run. Not many QBs are well versed in the system, I don't think the media is going to go ape over Tebow in Seattle, as we all know Seattle is not covered enthusiastically by the major networks, especially compared to New York. I think his personality would mesh with Carroll and Wilson, and there were loud whispers last off season that Tebow could be going to Seattle around the time Denver was chasing Manning. I think he could certainly run behind the zone blocking schemed offensive line. The WR and TE blocking is outstanding. He can throw a good deep ball like Wilson. And, unlike Denver and the Jets, he would have an actual running attack that would need to be respected. Could work.

With our cap space I wouldnt at all mind carrying Flynn as a high end backup for another year.

If we let him ago I'm afraid we'll make a move on Sanchez to back up Wilson.

With our cap space I wouldnt at all mind carrying Flynn as a high end backup for another year.

If we let him ago I'm afraid we'll make a move on Sanchez to back up Wilson.

Sanchez has a huge contract which is the opposite of what we want to do with our cap space, you'd have to give up something to get him because I don't think the Jets can outright cut him, Carroll didn't like him coming out of college early saying he wasn't ready and mature enough, he has a laziness towards film study which would make Carroll hate him, and he don't fit the offense we run at all.

Sanchez has a huge contract which is the opposite of what we want to do with our cap space, you'd have to give up something to get him because I don't think the Jets can outright cut him, Carroll didn't like him coming out of college early saying he wasn't ready and mature enough, he has a laziness towards film study which would make Carroll hate him, and he don't fit the offense we run at all.

I thought he would be scrap heap garbage. Excuse my ignorance.

Signing Tebow is not as crazy as it sounds, espcially now that we are running the ZRO. In fact both PC & JS have commented that it might be a good idea to get another QB who can run that in case of a Wilson injury. This way the entire offense would remain the same (Think back on the Hawks drafting Turbin. They wanted a Lynch clone in case of injury). The only problem for Tebow would be the deep pass that Wilson seems to excel at. If the Hawks can move Flynn (which I dont think will be easy--he had very limited value last year and practically none this year), I say why not take a flier on Tebow. :dunno:

Signing Tebow is not as crazy as it sounds, espcially now that we are running the ZRO. In fact both PC & JS have commented that it might be a good idea to get another QB who can run that in case of a Wilson injury. This way the entire offense would remain the same (Think back on the Hawks drafting Turbin. They wanted a Lynch clone in case of injury). The only problem for Tebow would be the deep pass that Wilson seems to excel at. If the Hawks can move Flynn (which I dont think will be easy--he had very limited value last year and practically none this year), I say why not take a flier on Tebow. :dunno:

I want no part of Tebow or Sanchez! :nono:

Draft one late or M. Moore or T. Jackson if they are cheap.

OR sign an old cheap vet that's out there. Or whoever's cut lose on the cheap.

Really, it doesn't matter. Cheap as possible. Save up for that big contract R. Wilson will demand.

IF we don't get a 3rd or better then Flynn is by far our best choice. Keep him!

My choice - IF we trade Flynn. Just go ahead and draft one with one of those 10 picks and roll with two young guy's. It's a young man's league now. Why not groom another.

Then more trade bait down the line if he turns out.

I want no part of Tebow or Sanchez! :nono:

Draft one late or M. Moore or T. Jackson if they are cheap.

OR sign an old cheap vet that's out there. Or whoever's cut lose on the cheap.

Really, it doesn't matter. Cheap as possible. Save up for that big contract R. Wilson will demand.

IF we don't get a 3rd or better then Flynn is by far our best choice. Keep him!

My choice - IF we trade Flynn. Just go ahead and draft one with one of those 10 picks and roll with two young guy's. It's a young man's league now. Why not groom another.

Then more trade bait down the line if he turns out.

Drafting a QB late to back up Wilson would be way too risky in case Wilsdon did get hurt. You coudn't expect a project like that to produce. How many cheap vets are out there that run the ZRO?

If his feelings aren't still hurt I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Tarvaris back if we deal Flynn. I'd imagine he won't be sticking around Buffalo with a new coaching staff.

Tough, athletic vet with lots of experience and a good head on his shoulders who is familiar with everything.

If his feelings aren't still hurt I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Tarvaris back if we deal Flynn. I'd imagine he won't be sticking around Buffalo with a new coaching staff.

Tough, athletic vet with lots of experience and a good head on his shoulders who is familiar with everything.

I say bring back Seneca Wallace. Out of the league right now but has ties to the area (my wife used to work with his girlfriend), I heard he's kept in shape, has experience and I bet has the athletic ability to do some things under center in this offense. They weren't running the Option a couple of years ago but I think he would be a servicable backup.

Has anyone heard how the staff views Josh Portis? We've had him for 2 years now. Might be time to either bring him up, or cut bait.

Has anyone heard how the staff views Josh Portis? We've had him for 2 years now. Might be time to either bring him up, or cut bait.

I thnk they are looking to cut bait.

Drafting a QB late to back up Wilson would be way too risky in case Wilsdon did get hurt. You coudn't expect a project like that to produce. How many cheap vets are out there that run the ZRO?

Kirk Cousins was a 4th rounder and looked pretty good coming in for RG3. There is some QB's that go undrafted that end up being starters. Wilson was a 3rd rounder.

We could spend a 4th - 6th rounder and get something of value to learn the system or groom somebody to play the ZRO as backup. If we do go the ZRO type, then that QB would be skillful and would run a lot anyway. That is much easier to find then a true pocket passer, because he'll just use his athletic ability more often. He could also get a ton of preseason work in.

I have faith we can draft good enough late to get by with this.

(Flynn doesn't play the ZRO anyway - I don't think we HAVE to have a backup QB that does this. We will fit our offense around any player accordingly, and would lean heavy on the run game and Def if a injury happened.

I don't think our backup has to be a ZRO. I think that's the thinking because of Wilson, but not a must have. So I would not rule out a cheap vet backup that isn't a running QB)

I'm hoping and thinking we have a plug and play system now. (Like NE - System team)

Meaning we can insert a rookie or unproven player and get production out of them and work to his skill set.

Also, we could always sign somebody mid season if a injury happens. And what about Portis who's been around for awhile now.

IMO, I'm fine with a rookie QB as backup. I think he would be coached and used to his max just like Wilson was this year. I still say keep Flynn if we don't get good value in return though.

You really think a Sanchez or Tebow will lead us to a SB anyway if Wilson got hurt? Plus the circus it brings

That blurb about Wilson demanding a new contract is BS. He's smart enough to know he could get a lot more money with another good season under his belt.

It's all BS anyways. Under the brand spanking new, just freshly signed collective bargaining agreement. All rookies must now play 3 full years of their rookie contract before they can restructure a new deal.

This was a typical union move. Have the guys in the league already keep what they have, but screw the new guys.

So we have Wilson for 2 more years (he's under a 4 year deal, so we do have him for actually 3 more) but 2 more years before he can even ask for a new deal. Bad luck on his part. He missed out by 1 union contract.

For what it's worth though. Kaepernick will have the same problem after the superbowl.

That blurb about Wilson demanding a new contract is BS. He's smart enough to know he could get a lot more money with another good season under his belt.

Well...few things. He is also smart enough to know under the CBA he can't get a new contract (just get incentives or bonuses added maybe???).

Next...while I doubt he ever said anything. I guarantee Bus Cook leaked something to get things out there in the minds of people. He loves to use the media in such ways and knows what he is doing.

Kirk Cousins was a 4th rounder and looked pretty good coming in for RG3. There is some QB's that go undrafted that end up being starters. Wilson was a 3rd rounder.

We could spend a 4th - 6th rounder and get something of value to learn the system or groom somebody to play the ZRO as backup. If we do go the ZRO type, then that QB would be skillful and would run a lot anyway. That is much easier to find then a true pocket passer, because he'll just use his athletic ability more often. He could also get a ton of preseason work in.

I have faith we can draft good enough late to get by with this.

(Flynn doesn't play the ZRO anyway - I don't think we HAVE to have a backup QB that does this. We will fit our offense around any player accordingly, and would lean heavy on the run game and Def if a injury happened.

I don't think our backup has to be a ZRO. I think that's the thinking because of Wilson, but not a must have. So I would not rule out a cheap vet backup that isn't a running QB)

I'm hoping and thinking we have a plug and play system now. (Like NE - System team)

Meaning we can insert a rookie or unproven player and get production out of them and work to his skill set.

Also, we could always sign somebody mid season if a injury happens. And what about Portis who's been around for awhile now.

IMO, I'm fine with a rookie QB as backup. I think he would be coached and used to his max just like Wilson was this year. I still say keep Flynn if we don't get good value in return though.

You really think a Sanchez or Tebow will lead us to a SB anyway if Wilson got hurt? Plus the circus it brings

I don't consider a 3/4th rounder late. When you said late I was thinking 6/7th round. Those guys, for the most part, do not pan out and I would not be comfortable with a 6th/7th rounder backing up Wilson.

I don't consider a 3/4th rounder late. When you said late I was thinking 6/7th round. Those guys, for the most part, do not pan out and I would not be comfortable with a 6th/7th rounder backing up Wilson.

Well, I was thinking we would be gaining a 3rd round pick or better for Flynn if he were to go. At least that was my personal hope and thought.

IF SO, then I figured we could use that 3rd or 4th, early 5th on a QB in the draft.

(We would gain that extra pick in the upper half)

And like I said, if we didn't get a 3rd for Flynn - Then I say go with Flynn and keep him and show case his skills in the preseason.

I know they don't pan out much from 4th+, but with our track record I really think we could even find one somewhere down low also. No guarantee's I know. But, there's been some even way down low OR even undrafted.

(Romo, T. Brady, etc.)

I would think we go much earlier if we had an 11th draft pick though! :)