Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Used to call my folks on Sundays

It was a hassle. Between Sunday Night Football and Walking Dead or whatever else was on plus having been in a bar probably the whole day watching football. Then when I finally did force myself, I'd have to have two carbon copy conversations because God forbid they talk to each other. But in retrospect, it was just because they were both lonely and felt cheated if one got a conversation in the other just got the highlights.

It was a hassle. One I'd really like to have right now.

If you still have your folks, get over the hassle. The prying questions and the prattling on about people that you don't even know doing things you don't care.

Because someday, you're going to feel just like I do right now.

Call em.

• Like 2

Agreed Wiff. Those are the only types of regrets I would have, so I spend as much time with friends/family as I can while balancing work and other obligations.

I dialed my Dad's phone number so many times after he died, was so used to talking to him that my fingers would start dialing before my brain could tell me, he wasn't there anymore. At 37 I had lost both my parents, I called at least once a week out of obligation, what I wouldn't give for one more call.

• Like 1

I talk to my parents every day. Never a hassle for me

Well sure, because all you have to do is come out of the basement.

• Like 1

Oh snap!

At least mine are alive

Weak sauce

To you maybe. But to him it stings a lot more than he will let on. Besides, dude has already proven he has no job so if anyone is in a basement it's him and he knows it

Yeah, we should probably keep digbe away from the Rolio thread for a while.

He's the kind of guy that ends the dozens with "oh yeah? your mom has cancer!😠"

😂

Yeah, we should probably keep digbe away from the Rolio thread for a while.

He's the kind of guy that ends the dozens with "oh yeah? your mom has cancer!😠"

😂

Told ya :lol:

My mom drives me crazy with her detailed non stop talking and making us kids feel like we are 5. But when I got cancer and 1.5 years later, she faced the fears of it with very early stage of which she doesn't know I know, I've since sucked it up. Over time it actually doesn't bother me as much. I think having saw her scar she thought was covered made me more sad. I'll probably become stage IV some day with my numbers, risk factors, and inability to handle the meds I'm supposed to be on but I'll take it over her progressing. Same with dad when he had prostate cancer in Dec '14. I prayed to make him be ok,that I'd take the bullet for him. 6 mo later I was diagnosed and it's negligible for him now thankfully. I really hope I go before my parents. I couldn't cope and don't know how people eventually come around and go on. So yes, not just parents but anyone you love. You just never know when someone's time will be up no matter how healthy or young they are.

At least mine are alive

what a terrible thing to say even if you can't stand the person.

Shouldn't have been started talking sh1t when no one was doing it to him. His own fault for getting his feelings hurt

Shouldn't have been started talking sh1t when no one was doing it to him. His own fault for getting his feelings hurt

No, that was a d1ck move, d1ck. :thumbsdown:

ETA: and not remotely funny, as opposed to his basement comment.

Whatever. Dude wants to be a d1ck don't expect kid gloves back

Whatever. Dude wants to be a d1ck don't expect kid gloves back

He made a funny. You were a d1ck who comes off as a whiny kunt who can't think of a retort.

He made a funny. You were a d1ck who comes off as a whiny kunt who can't think of a retort.

Yea sure. Whatever you say bro. Was more of a d1ck move than mine was trying to start sh1t. Like I said don't start sh1t if you're afraid to get your feelings hurt

At least mine are alive

Ha. Classless. Just like I have been saying.

If your parents had a ounce of respectability they would be embarrassed by your comment.

Try and spin the way you want - I am glad the bored sees you as you really are. Clueless POS.

Bye Bye Devin.

:wave:

I call my dad each Sunday and stop off each week to see him. Talk to my mom almost each day on the phone and I see her a lot as she watches my son. My mom is 6 years older than when her mom died. My dad's 3 years younger than when. His dad died. I'm very cognizant of the fact they can leave any time.

What did you call them?

:first:

Guy I work with put his dad in a nursing home prolly 4 or 5 months ago. Hasn't visited him once since he's been in there. Basically just because it's a hassle and he's done with him cuz he's going through all the typical elderly health problems. Boggles my mind.

:clap:

At least mine are alive

Here's to you :cheers: glad your parents are alive. Hopefully they both get Alzheimer's.

Here's to you :cheers: glad your parents are alive. Hopefully they both get Alzheimer's.

They can't wait to forget who he is

• Like 3

That would be an Awesome Hallmark Card.

:lol:

See that?

New FFT business adventure.

Writing "REAL" Hallmark Memories.

Happy Birthday

Hopefully this time next year we will both have Alzheimer's so we can forget we know you.

Disagree - but not incredibly strongly. The d1ck move was starting sh1t with which to begin. It appeared that all Djgb was doing was participating in the conversation. Wiff decided to attack all by himself. No need to form a posse and defend that nonsense; it is the problem in this forum. Djgb's return fire was harsh, no question, but the fact is that personal accountability on the part of wiff would have resulted in Djgb never firing a single shot like that.

Now - that said - the comment that wiff made was on the milder side, but the fact is that repeating it constantly makes it something else: annoying, and trolling. Wiff was sharing, and Djgb's first comment was meant to share in wiff's thought: it is important to stay in touch with your parents; you don't have them around forever.

It was a hassle. Between Sunday Night Football and Walking Dead or whatever else was on plus having been in a bar probably the whole day watching football. Then when I finally did force myself, I'd have to have two carbon copy conversations because God forbid they talk to each other. But in retrospect, it was just because they were both lonely and felt cheated if one got a conversation in the other just got the highlights.

It was a hassle. One I'd really like to have right now.

If you still have your folks, get over the hassle. The prying questions and the prattling on about people that you don't even know doing things you don't care.

Because someday, you're going to feel just like I do right now.

Call em.

:thumbsup:

Disagree - but not incredibly strongly. The d1ck move was starting sh1t with which to begin. It appeared that all Djgb was doing was participating in the conversation. Wiff decided to attack all by himself. No need to form a posse and defend that nonsense; it is the problem in this forum. Djgb's return fire was harsh, no question, but the fact is that personal accountability on the part of wiff would have resulted in Djgb never firing a single shot like that.

Now - that said - the comment that wiff made was on the milder side, but the fact is that repeating it constantly makes it something else: annoying, and trolling. Wiff was sharing, and Djgb's first comment was meant to share in wiff's thought: it is important to stay in touch with your parents; you don't have them around forever.

OKAY Newbie. Whatever you say.

OKAY Newbie. Whatever you say.

you are out of your gourd if you think this.

My Dad and I are the two worst phone talkers on the planet, but - mostly since my sisters insist and make me feel guilty as sh!t if I don't - I've taken to calling him a lot more the last year or two. So instead of having an awkward, silence-filled, conversation every month or two, I now have them every week or two. :thumbsup:

you are out of your gourd if you think this.

No. I just think it bothers him when people call him Newbie.

No. I just think it bothers him when people call him Newbie.

:doublethumbsup:

What's really funny is we all know the basement comment stung the thin-skinned little twat Digby worse that the dead parent crack stung Wiff. :D