Books that certain Geeks never read

A Farewell to Arms - Crackattack

A Clockwork Orange - NewbieJr

• Like 1

The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Alias Detective

The Would-Be Invalid - gocolts

Our Mutual Friend - ShoNuff

The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Alias Detective

I read every Sherlock Holmes story a few months ago.

You've never read a book? :unsure:

I real medical journals and a few magazines, but rarely books. Since completing high school, I can count the number of books I've read completely on one hand.

I real medical journals and a few magazines, but rarely books. Since completing high school, I can count the number of books I've read completely on one hand.

I try to read a book a month, some months are much better than others. Last really good book I read was wright brother by McCullough. Awesome book, the amount of balls it took for those guys to do that is incredible.

Wow. I cannot even comprehend that. I read constantly. Go through anywhere between 5 and 10 books a month, depending on density (obviously, pulp fiction goes much faster than history or philosophy or something.)

I was probably the only kid ever whos mother b!tched he went through books too fast. Couldnt live without.

A Farewell to Arms - Crackattack

My Left Foot would've been a better play here. :mad:

• Like 1

Wow. I cannot even comprehend that. I read constantly. Go through anywhere between 5 and 10 books a month, depending on density (obviously, pulp fiction goes much faster than history or philosophy or something.)

I was probably the only kid ever whos mother b!tched he went through books too fast. Couldnt live without.

This. I read constantly in class all the way through HS. Did you read The Great Brain books in elementary school? Poe in High School? Every biography in the 60 and 70's? Read every phscology book printed pre-1940's. Couldn't absorb enough. Till alcohol and I became best friends.

Had a ghey English teacher in 7th grade pull a few of us aside and asked us if we wanted to learn how to speed read. This was in the early 80's. He saw our scores and knew who was who. He had a reading machine projector and would speed it up and then test us by words per minute. You then took a comprehensive test. Best ability test I ever took.

He got fired in 9th grade, my last year there, for wanting to give accolades and lettering us for reading speed. I lettered in discuss for field and track that year. Last day of school I gave him the discuss that I won by beating a black guy (only say this because said black guy who was 40 lbs heavier than me and told me I had no fawking chance of winning, and did by 7"....) and told teacher, thanks. This is our letter!

Alcohol does not impede my reading. Yes I admit sometimes I lose track reading while hammerered. LOL

But for the most part commute and pooping - always reading. Close my office door once in a while to get through exciting parts.

Love to read.

• Like 1

My sister reads all the time. Probably a couple books a week growing up. She was the the smart kid in our family - valedictorian, highest SAT in her class, skipped several grades, etc. I did well in school, but was always second fiddle to her academically.

I love learning, but don't have the patience or attention span for books.

My sister reads all the time. Probably a couple books a week growing up. She was the the smart kid in our family - valedictorian, highest SAT in her class, skipped several grades, etc. I did well in school, but was always second fiddle to her academically.

I love learning, but don't have the patience or attention span for books.

I love how a really good book takes you somewhere else. Makes you think differently. I think thats why I got hooked as a kid.

• Like 1

i have enjoyed probably 85-90% of the reading i have done in HS, college, and grad school. favorites were major american authors in high school and advanced Shakespeare in college. i used to read misc books until we had a child. i do not have the larger, undisturbed blocks of time that i used to have.

I love how a really good book takes you somewhere else. Makes you think differently. I think thats why I got hooked as a kid.

Perfectly said. :thumbsup:

I was lucky enough to have a mom that owned a bookstore while growing up.