Sign in to follow this  
the s is ilent

Powerball winner

Suing to remain anonymous and puts $560 million jackpot at risk.

For half a billion I would do naked cartwheels on national TV with my name tattooed on my butt.

Suing to remain anonymous and puts $560 million jackpot at risk.

For half a billion I would do naked cartwheels on national TV with my name tattooed on my butt.

For 100 mil of your winnings, I'll pee your name on your butt

I think it's dangerous that they don't let you claim it anonymously. You do have a year I think. In that time I think I would begin to identify as a female mooslim and show up to collect my winnings wearing a burqa. Fock em.

I think it's dangerous that they don't let you claim it anonymously. You do have a year I think. In that time I think I would begin to identify as a female mooslim and show up to collect my winnings wearing a burqa. Fock em.

Once you can claim anonymously an entire new level of corruption opens up. How would you know someone really won? Our government has proven it cannot be trusted.

You can if you do it through a trust. She blew it by signing the ticket first.

You can if you do it through a trust. She blew it by signing the ticket first.

Good to know for when I win. :thumbsup:

For 100 mil of your winnings, I'll pee your name on your butt

...in Gypsybrats handwriting.

• Like 1

I would never put the money at risk. Take the cash and run away if you need to.

I'd 100% want to stay anonymous......yet before this story I always thought the first thing you were supposed to do was sign the ticket. So this has been educational for when I inevitably win this thing.

She needs to get over it........ The Gods gifted her this unbelievable fortune - and now she's biitching about it.

Before this, she's the kind of person that would complain if she found a $100 bill, and it was wet. :rolleyes:

I'd 100% want to stay anonymous......yet before this story I always thought the first thing you were supposed to do was sign the ticket. So this has been educational for when I inevitably win this thing.

I read something years ago that said if you live in a state where you can take your winnings as a trust, do NOT sign the ticket. But I'm sure not a lot of people know that. Until this happened, I bet a lot more people knew that you can take the winnings as a trust, than knew that you're not supposed to sign your name if you do so.

NH is a state where you can take the winnings as a trust, but I bet the back of the ticket tells you to sign it because it's a bearer instrument, or some shight like that. If I'm the judge, I'm ruling in her favor. Fock the state...

I'm curious - how in the hell she plans on remaining anonymous if she files suit..... Once she takes this to court, it (and her name), become a matter of public record............no?

I'm curious - how in the hell she plans on remaining anonymous if she takes this to court..... Once she takes this to court, it (and her name), become a matter of public record............no?

Right now, shes Jane Doe for the court case. If she wins, she will still be Jane Doe. But youre right - someones gonna find out who she is anyway.

So some of you would play in a lottery where they didnt tell you who the winner was?

We had a winner last night, a new jackpot will start today

• Like 1

Once you can claim anonymously an entire new level of corruption opens up. How would you know someone really won? Our government has proven it cannot be trusted.

Certain states already allow it..... what changes?

The State gets no taxes unless she collects. This is one where you would think the law would be changed yesterday.

Wow, I wish they would say who she is, so I could ask if I could have some.

And if that didn't work, then...you know...threaten her, I guess. :dunno:

The State gets no taxes unless she collects. This is one where you would think the law would be changed yesterday.

Hey dumb dumb, the next non-anonymous winner will pay the tax.

If not collected within a year, the money goes back to the lottery not another winner.

I'm curious - how in the hell she plans on remaining anonymous if she files suit..... Once she takes this to court, it (and her name), become a matter of public record............no?

Bingo. Stupid biotch is all over the TV. She is getting more attention sueing than she would have if she just claimed the prize. Also stupid for not having trust sign the ticket if she was that worried about her identity.

Yup

What's the lottery do with it?

It varies by state.

Looks like much of the winnings go back to the state from which it came. Better than paying the taxes on it for the states.

Bingo. Stupid biotch is all over the TV. She is getting more attention sueing than she would have if she just claimed the prize. Also stupid for not having trust sign the ticket if she was that worried about her identity.

As regards that second part, it's understandable. I mean literally every damn Lottery website has a section for what to do if you have a winning ticket. And damn near every one of them says first thing sign the ticket!

In fact, I bet a bunch of websites get changed in the next few weeks.

Hey dumb dumb it's a US wide lottery, the next winner will most likely come from another state.

Hey dumb dumb it's a US wide lottery, the next winner will most likely come from another state.

I didn't read that in the link. I based my post on a statewide lottery. Where did you see otherwise in this thread?

Winner can remain anonymous:

https://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Judge-Winner-of-560M-Powerball-Jackpot-Can-Stay-Anonymous-476564813.html

Good for her. Fock the state.

After this story first broke, I bought myself a NH Powerball ticket. The back of the ticket reads: "This ticket is a bearer instrument. Sign immediately to protect your rights". Sounds like legal advice to me...

Winner can remain anonymous:

https://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Judge-Winner-of-560M-Powerball-Jackpot-Can-Stay-Anonymous-476564813.html

Good for her. Fock the state.

After this story first broke, I bought myself a NH Powerball ticket. The back of the ticket reads: "This ticket is a bearer instrument. Sign immediately to protect your rights". Sounds like legal advice to me...

She cheated to win the lottery...

What? She knew the numbers beforehand?

Who knows... Since she doesn't want to come forward as required by state law and decides to sue, that is my conclusion that fraud is running amok...

Who knows... Since she doesn't want to come forward as required by state law and decides to sue, that is my conclusion that fraud is running amok...

Fock it. I want my $2 back. :mad:

So is it your conclusion that every time someone has claimed a lottery jackpot in the name of a trust, its been fraud? Thats a lot of fraud over the last few decades, then.

So is it your conclusion that every time someone has claimed a lottery jackpot in the name of a trust, its been fraud? Thats a lot of fraud over the last few decades, then.

You never know... Transparency is a good thing when the lottery is concerned...

You never know... Transparency is a good thing when the lottery is concerned...

Windows too.